Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is the easiest class/spec for beginners?

As the title says, in your own opinion, what class and spec would you suggest for a player new to the game with moderate skill potential for future raiding, but still be productive in a casual raiding environment?

Arcane mage.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Check again. Typos happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    Not in my world they don'r.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Arcane mage.
    bm hunter

/10 char

BM hunter - the pet does a lot of the work.

Depends on what you like to play as.
    AS my opinons these are the easiest

Melee: Warrior

Ranged: Mage/Hunter

Tank: Death Knight,

Healer: Monk/Druid
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Druid, Paladin, or Monk. While the title asks for 'easiest', the content of the OP leads me to suggest these classes without consideration to 'easy'.

Regardless of what class & spec is easiest to play, the 'new casual player' may find himself reaching level 90, but finding they don't really enjoy their current role in a raiding environment, and these 3 classes all provide the player with the inherent option to 'reroll' without the added hassle of having to level to 90 again.

I'd probably lean towards Druid, as it also has both melee and ranged dps specs... with Paladin a close second for those who that archetype appeals to. Monk would be the backup choice, not through any added difficulty, but rather the opposite. Its *so* easy to powerlevel a monk as your second character...

I've leveled all classes but shaman. They're all easy at this point in the game, so my advice would be to chose what you like. However, if you play a tank class you will steamroll through packs of 5-6 mobs no problem.

druid or hunter. both fun and easy to play

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Any ranged dps.
    Ehhh, I wouldn't necessarily agree. I leveled up a priest for MoP, and I can honestly say that shadow was more difficult than I thought it would be. No, it really wasn't troublesome or all that challenging, but there are certainly some easier specs out there. I will agree that ranged dps have less to worry about in raids (more likely that they'll just sit back, and easier to move from bad things).

Anyway, whenever anyone asks this question, there are literally 15 answers. Half of the reason is that not everyone has played every class, and the other half of the reason is that they all sort of feel the same. I'd personally go for ele shaman.

Thanks for the feedback all!

Quote Originally Posted by Aprixius View Post
    Depends on what you like to play as.
    AS my opinons these are the easiest

Melee: Warrior

Ranged: Mage/Hunter

Tank: Death Knight,

Healer: Monk/Druid
    I think the general consensus on DK tanks right now is that they're pretty clunky and offer average performance at best in return.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Check again. Typos happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    Not in my world they don'r.

For PVE raiding I would say a BM Hunter.

Literally single target fights our Hunters Skada breakdown is:

1: Pet Attack
    2: Pet Ability
    3: Auto attack
    4: Kill Command
    5: Legendary cloak

nearly 50%+ of her dps is doing nothing but right clicking the boss...

If you want to go a fun/mobile/not strict rotation go a Demo lock, you won't regret it

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    I think the general consensus on DK tanks right now is that they're pretty clunky and offer average performance at best in return.
    Pally tanks play smooth as butter. IMO great choice for tanking.

2-3 snap-aoe-threat buttons, very very straightforward tanking gimmicks (Gun for high righteous shield uptime) A fairly standard array of defensive cooldowns, and a boatload of utility.

Only downside is that like something crazy like 20% of the population plays a paladin. (It's very normal to have 2-3 pallies in a raid, as a result)

hunter is easiest, doesnt really matter what spec to be honest

Hunter is by far the easiest class. A good 2nd option I'd say would be a Paladin.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    hunter hands down mark spam arcane shot its not hard at all why do you think the chinese use them to farm all the time...cause they can say press dis 2 and have a 5 year old ina sweat shop do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Hunter. Not necessarily BM, even. Hunter has the easiest time of any class leveling without heirlooms. It's a bit insane how quickly they can complete a quest equipped in all whites with no stats up until maybe level 20+.

Honestly any dps spec is easy enough to learn and play. To master it is a whole other story.

Yeah going to have to say Hunter. They have a lot of abilities by max level but they're quite accessible for new players all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdancing View Post
    druid
    I'd say feral and even balance druids are some of the most complex specs to play. Can't speak for Resto, haven't played it much. Guardian is easy I guess, though boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.