Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there were some guardians around the NPCs, but all I saw was just dead bodies (of guardians and a few alliance players of course). Death to any foe of Horde LOL. It was even hard to click on the quest giver who had been drowned in the people mountain people sea XD.

Deleted
    I'd laugh if Illidan became 100% horde.

Everything you're feeling about this situation OP? That's how the rest of us feel about ganking. It's not a contest, it's not a PvP, it's a one-sided massacre done sole for the enjoyment of the one in the position of power at the expense of the victim(s).

If it's a PvE server, file a ticket for harassment since killing the same NPCs multiple times, if faction tagged, can be considered harassment. If it's a PvP server, this is exactly what you signed up for, and you have no right to complain... especially if you support ganking, since there's no conceptual difference.

Edit: Not actually speaking for everyone in my first paragraph, that's just how the thought came out. I know many people are.... of the right frame of mind... to enjoy ganking; that is why PvP servers exist after all.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I like it, despite the fact that the rares are dead within seconds of spawning. Which is not pleasent in a crowded server.

15+ Year Old Account
    Makes me wonder how many people were around for the Isle of Quel'Danas.

I watched a stream with a multiboxer on Darkspear tearing up Alliance on Timeless Isle.

Lol at anyone saying "PvP server".

It was a PvP server when the game was alive and most servers were half-balanced as it was 55/45 on The Maelstrom at least,ever since Scrubusters went e-famous during cataclysm the server right now is 90/10 or so and its pointless to play, good thing only a few people gang, but the moment you try to defend yourself, the other idiots around the person that tried to gang you, start attacking you also.

Its not an issue of getting ganged, its an issue of faction ratio to even remotely be considered PvP or "fun".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattai View Post
    Makes me wonder how many people were around for the Isle of Quel'Danas.
    I was, and my server was one of the last ones to unlock all the phases. Why? Because people went there and all they did was kill the other faction and all the quest givers. Guards were slaughtered, quest givers were slaughtered, people were aoe'ed to death the moment they teleported or flew to the island. Now the new island, well there aren't that many allies for Horde to kill. But this offering thing that lets them attack anybody? Well there are usually twenty some odd people roaming around killing everything, the guards may as well be leg less puppies for all the good they do. Want to turn in a quest? Nah, you dead. Rezzing at the spirit healer? Nah you been stun locked until you are worth honor again.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it hilariously funny that as a horde player playing on a horde dominated server my biggest threat on the isle other is horde trying to gank me lol

Deleted
    did put up a ticket about this

here is the response

Hello. Good afternoon

Playing myself on a server where horde outnumbers alliance, I feel your pain. Yet there is an issue here that is important to consider, the game master team is not responsible or allowed to provide that kind of feedback, that is intended to be direct to the community team via the forums.

As Gm's we have no special direct channel to the development team and in fact we have been instructed that channeling feedback about design decision is outside the scope of support intended to be provided by the game master team.

Having said that, this is an issue that is already being discussed in the forums, both in the US and EU board, and by now I suspect that the developers are aware of the situation. I just can not preview how this will be handled , but probably something will change.

Regards,

Klastionn
    English Game Master Team
    Blizzard Europe

So it is an issue they are aware of and change may be incoming....encouraging

- - - Updated - - -

do find it amusing apprently the gms are not allowed to report player feedback, surly as they deal with the players on a close basis they are the best people to know what issues are the major ones that need prioritizing....ie if the gms are getting loads and loads of tickets on a single issue thats plainly something that needs to be looked at.

Blizzard not using its staff efficiently as they could be? or the developers being up thier own arse and not wanting feedback from `customer service reps`?

Too many servers are dead and too many servers have no faction balance at all. The only solution to this type of mess and to maybe help with the ghost town effect of a lot of the servers is to stop having two factions and go with a single faction.

The servers are a giant mess. Blizzard use to manage both server population and faction balance before the payed services related to both happen. Since they quit doing so we have massive problems. Ghost town servers. Mega servers that are unstable and that have a q. Servers with out one of the two factions. The only real solution to this is to go to having one faction. The new feature they are doing, which is server mergers by a different name, will not solve these problems and may well do more harm then good. Go single faction and merge servers, it's the only option left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Lol at anyone saying "PvP server".

It was a PvP server when the game was alive and most servers were half-balanced as it was 55/45 on The Maelstrom at least,ever since Scrubusters went e-famous during cataclysm the server right now is 90/10 or so and its pointless to play, good thing only a few people gang, but the moment you try to defend yourself, the other idiots around the person that tried to gang you, start attacking you also.

Its not an issue of getting ganged, its an issue of faction ratio to even remotely be considered PvP or "fun".
    This. I don't think anyone can complain about pvp on a pvp server, but Timeless Isle isn't pvp when you're effectively turned into a target dummy. It's not like "hoho, I get the chance to test my mettle against this brave Alliance" more "Holy shit I hope I can get to the edge of that cliff and use my glider before round of key presses by those 15 people".

The only good thing is seeing alliance gank themselves for coins before they look your way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flawless101 View Post
    This. I don't think anyone can complain about pvp on a pvp server, but Timeless Isle isn't pvp when you're effectively turned into a target dummy. It's not like "hoho, I get the chance to test my mettle against this brave Alliance" more "Holy shit I hope I can get to the edge of that cliff and use my glider before round of key presses by those 15 people".

The only good thing is seeing alliance gank themselves for coins before they look your way.
    Exactly, this is nothing to do with ganking or pvp which is why some of the posts above from angry ganked kids are so funny.....how is exploiting a design fault(lack of defenders in what should be a neutral area and as all others should be heavily protected) to spam aoe as a group preventing any quest progression or even being able to res without dying for the opposing faction.

Ill admit it I gank people when I see them.......ill kill anyone red is dead......but theres a big difference between that and deliberately sitting there spamming aoe on people en masse to deny access to an npc....ive never stooped this low and quite frankly those who do need a life, this to me is not pvp or ganking it is plain griefing or as close as is enabled on a wow server. being killed in the open world and then having to res and do a gy run is one thing. pick yourself up and carry on playing. Not being able to even hand in a quest you need to progress because the npc`s area is under deliberate and sustained aoe attack en masse affects game progression so should not be allowed even on a pvp server.

After all this is why blizzard does put so many defenders in neutral zones(example being the cave on the isle of thunder with the shado pan assault npcs) so that one faction cannot affect the game progression for the other faction in such a manner......its just in case case they plainly forgot to add enough defenders to prevent this happening.

Hahaha, someone in favor of 90 vs 30 ganking crying about unfair pvp. So borderline-griefing, one sided pvp is ok so long as you are not the victim? Your tears make me smile. Maybe you'll think about not being a douche next time you're in the position of being the instigator of such one sided pvp. Karma's a biiiijatch!

I'm actually agreeing with the OP on this. This was NOT thought through at all.

I recently moved to Silvermoon EU from a PVP server with very low Alliance. It got me thinking the other day on the Timeless Isle, I can't actually believe it would be possible to do much of anything there if you're on a imbalanced PVP server.

Could you even kill ANY rares or would you just die in the AOE instantly and then have to res EVERY time? I'd imagine even on PVE servers you have to be VERY careful what buttons you press so you don't get flagged when fighting a rare.

"World PVP" hasn't been a thing for a long time, it's just ganking people when you have the advantage, even the blood coins thing seems to always be 20--40 people vs a few that are trying to kill a rare. Much as I like ganking people (I am a Rogue afterall) I'm really glad I moved when I did.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    blizzard could have at least created a sanctuary area around the quest givers
    if they did this, i'd be happy. i, like you, have no problems being in a pvp server where i'm the minority, but at least let me get the damn quest. let me enjoy the new content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanitee View Post
    Hahaha, someone in favor of 90 vs 30 ganking crying about unfair pvp. So borderline-griefing, one sided pvp is ok so long as you are not the victim? Your tears make me smile. Maybe you'll think about not being a douche next time you're in the position of being the instigator of such one sided pvp. Karma's a biiiijatch!
    Learn to read before you post and you wont look silly.....someone ganking a player in the open world then carrying on with thier game does not affect said players game progression, locking down npcs and spawn killing, camping does.

Im all in favour of pvp of all kinds however not if it completly kills any chance of progression in a particular area for an entire faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sand Person View Post
    if they did this, i'd be happy. i, like you, have no problems being in a pvp server where i'm the minority, but at least let me get the damn quest. let me enjoy the new content.

exactly pvp is an intended part of life on a pvp server, not being able to experience new content because of a faction imbalance and the other faction exploiting that is not intended which is why it needs to be fixed. any of those going on about `haha gankers get comeuppence etc etc` haven't read a damn thing in this thread.

It IS the same as ganking. I've been corpse camped by jerks like you at lvl 20 when they were lvl 90. You just feel it isn't the same because YOU are the one getting ganked. Being dead at lvl 20 kills your progression as much as being dead at lvl 90 does. I repeat, your tears make me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    exactly pvp is an intended part of life on a pvp server, not being able to experience new content because of a faction imbalance and the other faction exploiting that is not intended which is why it needs to be fixed. any of those going on about `haha gankers get comeuppence etc etc` haven't read a damn thing in this thread.
    What are they exploiting? Nothing. You're on a PvP realm which means you are a target always. They are killing you. Thus it is PvP. Blizz has stated on numerous occasions they don't give a turd about getting camped because its a PvP server. If you don't like it move to a PvE server. This is the chance you take rolling on a PvP server where you are outnumbered.

Now Blizz may help you with connected realms and cross-realms but yeah, its your own fault for rolling PvP. Move if you don't like it.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    pvp server?

Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Most people on PvP realms like having a faction advantage and choose their server or move to servers specifically for that reason, which makes evening it out fairly difficult. There also tends to be a faction imbalance on PvP vs. PvE realms, where PvP realms tend to be Horde heavy and PvE tend to be Alliance heavy. So when we connect a few low-pop PvP realms together it's somewhat likely to only be able to be matching imbalanced realms with imbalanced realms. Considering the desire for a faction advantage, even if we did achieve a balance I'm honestly not sure how long it would last. In any case, with Connected Realms both sides will be getting more players, and bringing up the amount of people on each realm is the goal.

Connected Realms are a complex process, we have a lot of data, we're taking our time, and we're taking a lot of factors into account to provide the best possible end-result we can. Faction balance is one of those factors, but it's definitely far more nuanced a problem.
    Sounds like it is working as intended
    Translation: most people are cowards that want to pvp, but are too scared to do 1v1 or even 5v1, so they do 50v1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!