Questions about 5.4 unholy dk pve

First off i got two questions:

1. Does festerblight still exist? or is unholy 50% festerblight and 50% standard? or just a mix of whatever.

2. And what are the stat priorities right now? i went on askmrrobot.com and optimized my gear but however it shows that i should be spamming as much crit as possible and not going str crit (orange matches yellow), what happened to haste? i believe the stat priority in patch 5.3 was haste(10k)>crit>mastery, but has that priority changed in 5.4?

I need help adjusting my stats and i am not sure on what i should be rolling for (i am pretty lucky for getting 3 pieces of flexible pieces).

Here is my armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%B6w/simple

yes it is dead, mainly since feather trinket was nerfed. And there doesn't seem to be to trinkets with aligning internal cooldowns in SoO. Thou it would still be valuable to power your diseases, refreshing them when they are strong you just won't reach the same ridiculus levels as in ToT

main reasons for the lower value of haste is the 2-set bonus, flooding you with haste if its your highest stat pushing you towards being gcd/resource capped, alas wasted. Also the new ams glyph allowing you to potentially get even more RP from absorbing magical damage and in addition to that the CD reducing trinket shortening the cd on AMS even further potentially giving you even more RP to spend.

Haste was good when you could not easily be GCD capped. All these three things together however can easily cap you thus the main gain of haste is wasted.
    So practially Crit and Masterys values havnt increased, hastes have been decreased.

But without 2-set or the CD reducing trinket I personally would stick with the priorities I felt confortable with in 5.3 be it Mastery-Crit-Haste or Haste-Crit Mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    First off i got two questions:

1. Does festerblight still exist? or is unholy 50% festerblight and 50% standard? or just a mix of whatever.

2. And what are the stat priorities right now? i went on askmrrobot.com and optimized my gear but however it shows that i should be spamming as much crit as possible and not going str crit (orange matches yellow), what happened to haste? i believe the stat priority in patch 5.3 was haste(10k)>crit>mastery, but has that priority changed in 5.4?

I need help adjusting my stats and i am not sure on what i should be rolling for (i am pretty lucky for getting 3 pieces of flexible pieces).

Here is my armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%B6w/simple
    1. Festerblight is NOT dead. Festerblight is always a dps increase from regular unholy (even if got shit trinkets). There is new feather-like trinket in SoO.
    Skeer's Bloadsoaked Talisman. This + CDReduction trinket should be BiS for festerblight DK.
    To back up how good is this trinket. Ranked 1 on 25m as unholy on garrosh with it.

2. I think that priority still applies. First you have to do is make sure you won't be starving on resources during fight, that's why you reach 10k haste cap (9k is still fine). Second thing is getting at least 4k mastery(So your diseases do something). Rest goes to Crit.
    You won't gain anything by mindlessly putting everything into crit for example. It's gigantic loss.

I tested hard crit gemming by myself (because of askmrrobot said it's optimal so I wondered). First 8min dummy test showed 20k dps loss from my usual gemming, second one 5k dps loss(but with excelent trinket procs).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by device1 View Post
    1. Festerblight is NOT dead. Festerblight is always a dps increase from regular unholy (even if got shit trinkets). There is new feather-like trinket in SoO.
    Festerblight is the process of applying diseases at the start of the fight and having them roll for the entirety by spending death runes on Festering Strike. This is no longer a DPS gain.

Just to clarify - applying stronger diseases during trinket/enchant procs (or other strength gains) with outbreak has always been (and continues to be) a DPS increase but this is NOT festerblight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    Festerblight is the process of applying diseases at the start of the fight and having them roll for the entirety by spending death runes on Festering Strike. This is no longer a DPS gain.

Just to clarify - applying stronger diseases during trinket/enchant procs (or other strength gains) with outbreak has always been (and continues to be) a DPS increase but this is NOT festerblight.
    It IS a DPS gain. Within first 15 seconds in fight you got all buffs you need. The only thing is to prolong it till the end. Especially with this trinkets I got right now feather+Skeer. Blood Plague ticking for 130k and with 70% crit chance is carrying you through the fight.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Device/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by device1 View Post
    It IS a DPS gain. Within first 15 seconds in fight you got all buffs you need. The only thing is to prolong it till the end. Especially with this trinkets I got right now feather+Skeer. Blood Plague ticking for 130k and with 70% crit chance is carrying you through the fight.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Device/simple
    Feather has been nerfed to hell. That trinket is good and synergises well with a mastery-based build but with the proc changes actually getting fast-feather and skeers to line up is going to be a nightmare. You're running a crit/haste build by the looks of it, the trinket devalues crit if you're using it as "feather v2" and I'd suggest going mastery-based if you're actually looking to do the festerblight thing this tier.

Your diseases on the Garrosh kill seemed to have about 55% crit chance, which is awesome but the average crit was only at around 90k and, as someone who got as many upgrades as you did in the first week (including the sword off sha) I'd expect you to be top anyway ;-)

What you basically need to ask yourself is, do you think festerblight (real festerblight) will outdamage a more traditional/standard unholy build where you apply/spread diseases on trinket procs while using all your death runes on scourge strike (obviously on the fights that support true-festerblight). If the answer is no then festerblight is dead.
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2013-09-16 at 12:12 PM.

Deleted
    Feather has been nerfed to hell. That trinket is good and synergises well with a mastery-based build but with the proc changes actually getting fast-feather and skeers to line up is going to be a nightmare. You're running a crit/haste build by the looks of it, the trinket devalues crit if you're using it as "feather v2" and I'd suggest going mastery-based if you're actually looking to do the festerblight thing this tier.
    That's a valid point FB with skeer should invest in mastery instead of crit.

Your diseases on the Garrosh kill seemed to have about 55% crit chance, which is awesome but the average crit was only at around 90k and, as someone who got as many upgrades as you did in the first week (including the sword off sha) I'd expect you to be top anyway ;-)
    Made there many mistakes, we killed it on 3rd pull, (not much time to optimize everything), I think I dropped my OP diseases right in the start there which had great influence for rest of the fight.

What you basically need to ask yourself is, do you think festerblight (real festerblight) will outdamage a more traditional/standard unholy build where you apply/spread diseases on trinket procs while using all your death runes on scourge strike. If the answer is no then festerblight is dead.
    Garrosh isn't perfect type of fight for festerblight. For instance in Malkorok fight FB would be on top. The way I am playing FB isn't as punishing as you think. Check SS/FS ratio . 87 Scourgestrikes vs 55 Festering Strikes. (which about 30% of FS I done was just to dumb some resources down because was overflown with them).

I recently just checked out a website linked by someone, http://www.destinysoftworks.com/.

Mend talks about the balance of unholy stats and yet managing to get x2 str, i think this is a great source that everyone should checkout.

BTW, thx for the responses as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I recently just checked out a website linked by someone, http://www.destinysoftworks.com/.

Mend talks about the balance of unholy stats and yet managing to get x2 str, i think this is a great source that everyone should checkout.

BTW, thx for the responses as well.
    He's not saying that you need to get x2 strength, he's saying that the secondary stat weights need to be higher than str by 2 times.

Example:

Str: 5.0
    Haste: 2.6
    Crit: 2.8
    Mastery: 2.7

Gems with secondary stats give twice as much of that stat as a gem with strength. Pure strength is 160, pure crit is 320. 80 strength/160 hit, 160 crit/160 hit. So when the weights are multiplied by 2 (to account for the gem stats) Crit, Haste and Mastery are all at a higher value than strength. Crit 2.8*2=5.6>5.0 Str