Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

When will this expansion be over / When will the next one be released?

Im not here to complain or rant about this expansion, but to state my opinion : I didn't like cataclysm. I don't like mop. I had good hopes for cata, but none of them were met. When I heard about mop, I thought it was a joke. I've never been "into" the last two expansion. I heavily played TBC and I liked wotlk. I played a few weeks of cata, did the ptr's too, and then I just got bored and left the game.

Traditionally, new expansions details are unveiled at blizzcon, which has always been around august/september time. So basically my question is, when will blizzcon be expected? Are there any speculations as to where the storyline will go?

As for speculations, will the level cap be increased to 95, or 100? I'm actually all for the "item level squish", large numbers just don't mean anything and hearing that someones DPS is 270k or 220k is just ridiculous and I have no concept whether or not that is good or bad any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    BlizzCon is in November.
    Speculation about it being about the Legion attacking Azeroth /taking the fight to them.
    No idea about cap, presumably 95.
    No idea about the squish.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

higher always better duh...

but no idea to your main question
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

There are no details as to when this expansion will be over, or when the next one will be released.

And just to say, you missed out a lot in MoP. Just sayin.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    BlizzCon is in November.
    Speculation about it being about the Legion attacking Azeroth /taking the fight to them.
    No idea about cap, presumably 95.
    No idea about the squish.
    Blizzcon in november pretty much answers my question, and it seems right that the next expansion would be unveiled 2-3 months from now. Is that confirmed or just speculation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdeh View Post
    As for speculations, will the level cap be increased to 95, or 100? I'm actually all for the "item level squish", large numbers just don't mean anything and hearing that someones DPS is 270k or 220k is just ridiculous and I have no concept whether or not that is good or bad any more.
    Large numbers mean nothing at all now as so many fights have such variety in damage-buffing and damage-nerfing that your dps varies widely from fight to fight. I've stopped measuring and look at the raid as a whole. Are we getting the boss down with plenty of time on the beserk or are we shaving it close. Are we able to skip mechanics because our dps is so high, or are we forced to endure extra phases? That's what matters.

As for the next expansion, I suspect one would be announced at Blizzon later this year. But there is no information available now.

Deleted
    My point was not that damage was high, or low. I don't raid in this expansion, so I wouldn't know.

Sure your character can be considered to deal "high damage" but that's mostly the result of everything he/she attacks being weak.

I was purely talking about the fact that numbers have so many digits that they become meaningless. Both the numbers we deal, receive, and that stats on our gear. I have no idea what 100 agility does to my rogue, or if hitting 50k is a good hit or a poor hit. Sure it's pretty obvious that 200 agility increases my damage by more than 100 agility, but in terms of how much I have no clue what that does to my percentage and stats, not like when I used to know at level 60 10 agility gave me 1% crit.

I liked it better when stats had reasonable numbers on them, adding a gem to gear seemed to feel like an important bonus or customisation, and not a necessary chore to make the item worth using. I liked it better when enchants felt useful and powerful, now they just feel like I don't need to bother because I'll replace the item immediately. Even in wotlk, there were "some" decent enchants you could choose for temporarily weapons.

Again the loot tables felt different, I used to know the item names, now I don't even look at them I just look at the item level and assume it's an upgrade, and if it look bad I'll just transmog it.

I guess the same applies to money scaling too, but I cannot see how that will be "scaled down" again, I don't think it can, at least gear + numbers can be reduced.

Marketing standpoint, late spring early summer 2014

Going to guess May/June, but hopefully sooner. Highly disappointed in 5.4. I really hope they don't think SoO and Timeless Isle is going to keep players busy for another 9-10 months. Timeless Isle is already boring and already becoming a ghost town on my server. Just another grind that is showing the age of the game.

Beta testing will have to happen nearly right after Blizzcon. If Beta testing begins sometime late-December/early-January, which might be a bit optimistic, then the expansion could very well release August, though they might postpone it to September if that's the case since nobody wants to release an expansion during Summer.

Either way, I have a hard time seeing them release the expansion in a decent timeslot if they don't announce when Beta testing will start at Blizzcon.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-09-16 at 05:02 PM.

Recent expansions has last raid patch lasted for 6-12months, so am guessing new expac will be released around 2014 summer.

I would guess blizzard has slated 5.4 for about 6-8 months and another filler patch is planed to lead up to 6.0

Blizzcon is in Nov, expect to see details of the new expansion this year, although it's anyone's guess as to what the content of that will be and release timeframe, although the last three have been released in the fall. Cata was "meh", most of MoP has been slightly better than "meh", although 5.4 helped. I can't help but think that the game systems (not necessarily the content) of 5.4 is how MoP should have been from the get go. Oh well.

The Timeless Isle was great for the first day or two, now it's quickly becoming either a ghost town or a gank fest. I simply go to get the BoA drops for gearing alts, which it's pretty good at. The same week I hit 90 on my monk is the same week that I healed all the LFRs available and have an iLevel of 495. Probably unimpressive to most, but for a guy who's relegated to LFR and plays somewhat casually, it's an achievement. All in all, MoP wasn't bad, the art and music are great but the lack of 5-mans and the ridiculously long leveling hinder it from being more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Going to guess May/June, but hopefully sooner. Highly disappointed in 5.4. I really hope they don't think SoO and Timeless Isle is going to keep players busy for another 9-10 months. Timeless Isle is already boring and already becoming a ghost town on my server. Just another grind that is showing the age of the game.
    Its always jam packed on my server, no matter what time it is. I guess it depends on one's server. SoO and Timeless will last just fine, especially when held up to previous expansions end tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The next expansion will probably be announced at Blizzcon in a couple months, most of your questions will probably be answered then. I hope it comes sometime between March and May, I sure as hell don't want to still be sieging Orgrimmar come July/August or later...Though realistically we're probably looking at yet another year long final tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    The next expansion will probably be announced at Blizzcon in a couple months, most of your questions will probably be answered then. I hope it comes sometime between March and May, I sure as hell don't want to still be sieging Orgrimmar come July/August or later...Though realistically we're probably looking at yet another year long final tier.
    Lets hope Blizzard do as he promised..., but well have many broken promises have we?

10+ Year Old Account
    The current expansion has technically already ended, the final raid tier is out

Blizzcon is November 8th and 9th

Yes the item squish is happening, which I'm happy about

I speculate the level cap being 100 due to the BoA weapons

Yes dps is insane. When we first hit 90 people were doing around 50k dps, now people can do 250k dps.

I'd guess the next expansion will be in mid - late spring next year. This seems much faster than usual, but content has been coming much faster than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Lets hope Blizzard do as he promised..., but well have many broken promises have we?
    Dance Studio, not really aware of any other promises they made. People take often take "We would like to do X" as a promise though.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Well if past interviews are any clue, we're looking at the next expansion to go into beta almost immediately after blizzcon, with an estimated release in early spring (march/april).

As for my own personal predictions, I think they will be announcing two expansions at once, the first being legion based, the second being naga/south seas based, both of which will intertwine with the emerald dream. I beleive for the first time we will see the world map as a globe, first expansion being level 90-95, second being 95-100. The first of these expansions will be released in late spring, and the second by the end of the year. It certainly will not happen until all realms have seen their connected/merging completed and are bug free in respect to this.

Next expansion will see item/levels squished, and old content will be made available for max level (all old raids and 5 mans).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aven Reddins View Post
    The current expansion has technically already ended, the final raid tier is out

Blizzcon is November 8th and 9th

Yes the item squish is happening, which I'm happy about

I'd guess the next expansion will be in mid - late spring next year. This seems much faster than usual, but content has been coming much faster than usual.
    Blizz announced that they were increasing their development staff by 40%, and will increase another 40% (for a total of 96% increase from beginning of MoP). This means they will be able to produce content nearly twice as fast, so 6 months from blizzcon is perfectly reasonable, with new expansions each year after.

Deleted
    What i hope for: 10 levels instead of 5, item squish etc etc !