Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My beef with Punch is that it's only 80% chance to hit, meaning that if you run a team of Humanoids with it you WILL have RNG losses sooner or later.

chi-chi is so easy with 2 snails(rapana whelks), zao gets raped with sunreaver micro-sentry + zandalari raptors(black claw + hunting party). should die with the first hunting party. xu-fu gets handled with pandaren water spirit(put geyser+whirlpool) and chrominius(howl+surge of power). dont even need a 3rd pet. its damn near almost dead after u swap out the water spirit after putting on the 2 dots. and yu'lon gets solo'd by lil bad wolf, or unborn valkyr+2 humanoids(anub idol+kun lai runt)

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Maybe you aren't using your abilities well?

Use phase shift when Yu'la does lift off, when your around half hp use cauterize, punch everywhere else.
    She hit through it -_-"

I found Lil'Bing under Lightning Storm to be pretty effective against Zao and Xu-Fu. Bring any pet with Call Lightning, swap to Lil'Bing and Make it Rain into Inflation for massive damage.

I leveled like 14 new 25s this week to bolster my lineup, hopefully it makes the opening lineups less taxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    You don't even need to take a hit. All you have to do is start with the pet ( so that it has been active for atleast 1 turn ) then switch to your main pet on turn 1.
    This actually works now? It didn't at launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was able to do the weekly again even though the reset hasn't taken place yet. People might want to check that out. Then again, my realm might just think it is American.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    I was able to do the weekly again even though the reset hasn't taken place yet. People might want to check that out. Then again, my realm might just think it is American.
    All the pet weeklies reset on Tuesday in Europe. The weekly PvP quest does the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are there more than one pet weekly? If that PvP one is then that explains why I wouldn't know, I only do PvE pet battles.
    Good to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spam punch, phase shift when she goes up in the air and cauterize when she does the breath. Grell was at~70% health when Yu'la died.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    She hit through it -_-"
    Seems buggy. Just like some pets sometimes hit through burrow, sometimes they don't - particularly talking about Thundering pandaren spirit - when I trainer level my pets, my bunny goes underground and sometimes still dies, even though everyone on all forums still says it should completely block the damage, for me it sometimes blocks it, sometimes doesn't

Also, enchanted broom and sunreaver micro sentry are a lovely combo for xu-fu. Call lightning+batter, bam, xu-fu dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm..i completed it on my main last Wednesday i just went on the isle on my alt and it's letting me do the tournament again...i thought it was account wide? Does this mean i can get all the pets this week? 0o

nm only got 1 coin from the 2nd time i completed it rather than 3...still it's 3 weeks less wait to get all the pets :P
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-09-17 at 01:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's annoying how they give us ALL these pets, but maybe a handful of them are actually useful. The rest are garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    It's annoying how they give us ALL these pets, but maybe a handful of them are actually useful. The rest are garbage.
    Some of us collect pets for the sake of the pets themselves, not how useful they might or might not be in a battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    im more excited to do the tournament for today more than raiding....
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    im more excited to do the tournament for today more than raiding....
    haha ya i logged out in front of the celestial tourney/oondasta trainer to do it as soon as i log in

This is my most succesful thread ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    haha ya i logged out in front of the celestial tourney/oondasta trainer to do it as soon as i log in
    yeah i got off work a little early last week and i was ready for raid so i was messing with the tournament and my guildies got in vent, I usually whisper the rl with a keyword to get invited to the raid...sorry too busy pet battle. "red stop being a turbo nerd fucking with your battle pets and come raid" my response "NOPE!" :'D they got mad hehe
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Some of us collect pets for the sake of the pets themselves, not how useful they might or might not be in a battle.
    Exactly. It's not about them being good or not, it's about catching them ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Are there more than one pet weekly? If that PvP one is then that explains why I wouldn't know, I only do PvE pet battles.
    Good to know.
    You can do celestial tournament on one character weekly but you can also complete it on a different day with a different character.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    Hey, nice guide. Thanks for sharing! One of my guildies linked me to this guide when I was starting with the tournament. But the small RNG factor (e.g. blocking the Xuen-lifesteals), and the fact that I don't have most of those pets, lead me to try some different tactics and approaches.

I ninja your thread, if you're ok with it, to post my combo.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...XazNqWGc#gid=0
    The last column is (usually) the HP left of the Pets after the fight - 0 is dead, x is damaged, 100 is full.
    Because some guildies asked me what pets I used, I wrote a lengthy guide about it too, but it's in german. :/

So here the basic ideas for the legendary pets (the other fights are quite easy):
    Xuen - Remove his weather effect, and do a lot of damage with towers or dots during Call Lightning, or towers during dots. He healed himself twice in the fight, but that wasn't enough to heal out the damage the pets did to him
    Yulon - Use Claw / Claw / Ice Barrier / Wait / Ice Tomb and repeat. His flying attack and one breath will go into the barrier, and the others don't do that much damage because you're undead.
    Niuzao - The Runt for the long debuff, then the Oozeling for much damage. Try to have your debuffs up when the Oozeling dies. The triple-hit from the Enchanted Broom does a lot of damage and should be enough to finish him off. Usually the Ox heals himself once or even twice.
    Chi-Ji: The well-known one-hit combo. Geyser, Whirlpool, change to Chrominius, Howl, Surge of Power.
    Note: Theoretically, Val'kyr / Panda Water Ele / Chrominius should be able to kill all of them. So if you have three of each, you can "cheese" those fights by killing the pets in one round.

Oondasta: Acidic Goo, change to the Gnome (Oondasta helps with his spell), Turret, Fist, Fist, Turret, Disgusting Oozeling (usually the Gnome dies after the second Turret. If not: Another fist.), Acidic Goo, Mecha-Rabbit (the Oozeling shouldn't survive more than one round), Fist till he's dead.

[e] Does anyone know, when the tamers change? On our server, we had the same last week and now after the (tuesday - EU) reset.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2013-09-17 at 11:35 PM.