Thread: Tinker Class

Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    Aren't u guys tired of arguing over this already? Person X believes Tinkers will be added. Person Y doesn't. Reality - Both are speculating. The End.
    People hold their ideas and hopes very dear. Wars over religion are testament to that.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Aren't u guys tired of arguing over this already? Person X believes Tinkers will be added. Person Y doesn't. Reality - Both are speculating. The End.
    I find it fascinating. Any non-Tinker idea that is introduced is shot down on sight because Tinkers WILL be the next class. You can use any argument, including their own, and it doesn't matter. It's not even anti-Tinker sentiment. I think Tinkers are viable and would be a fun class to play, I'd roll one. It's that the mere suggestion of other possibilities is treated with the utmost contempt. Treat it like a mental exercise and try to frame an argument/discussion that is in favor, even speculative, or something other than a Tinker that the Tinker's Union will even acknowledge as having merit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    LoL! No it wasn't. It was a team decision. The entire team agreed to those design changes. The reason they parted ways was because that one designer wanted Warlocks to be able to tank, and the rest of the team disagreed with him. There was no disagreement about pushing more Demon Hunter themes into the Warlock class.

Again, the stated goal of the Warlock revamp was to make the Warlock specs different from each other. Demonology took on a strong Demon Hunter style to fulfill that goal.
    No, the reason they parted ways was because Xelnath was leaking information; he got too cozy with the Warlock community here, lobbied for buffs for "his class" and that caused a bunch of friction within the design team.

Going tanking was considered too big a change by a bunch of the rest of the designers; that tanking was based on pushing more DH into Warlocks. Ergo, pushing more DH into Warlocks was being considered as too much change by the rest of the design team.

Now seriously. Someone please square these circles for me:

1. They don't want to change the class too much.
    2. Adding a fourth, DH spec would require a lot of fundamental changes to baseline abilities and talents to make them work with DHs.
    3. If the DH baseline stuff works completely differently from the other 3 specs' abilities; how does it tie in to those specs to feel 'Warlocky'?
    4. If all the talents and baseline abilities are changed to accomodate this hypothetical fourth spec; does that not change the class too much overall?
    5. Say the give Warlocks dual wielding; are Warglaives Intellect or Agility weapons?
    6. If we're relying on Int/SP -> AP conversion, how does this tie in to Expertise/Hit? If not, no class has a different armour type for a single spec - so, Agi cloth?
    7. If DH is a tanking spec, wouldn't that be weird for those many players who expect it to be a DPS spec? How about changing a Pure to a Hybrid, it's a very contentious issue afterall?

10+ Year Old Account
    Abilities, yes.

Lore, not a single bit really. Look, even the talent invokes Illidan's name next to Archimonde and KJ. It is clearly about Illidan the demon, not Illidan the demon hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hengwulf View Post
    Abilities, yes.

Lore, not a single bit really. Look, even the talent invokes Illidan's name next to Archimonde and KJ. It is clearly about Illidan the demon, not Illidan the demon hunter.
    According to Lore, Warlocks learned Metamorphosis from Illidan. That's a lore connection, and Warlocks wearing Illidan inspired armor is another lore connection along with Glyph of Demon Hunting, and other items.

Illidan is to Demon Hunters what Chen is to Monk/Brewmasters, or Arthas is to Death Knights. If Arthas' namesake, theme, and abilities were being linked to an existing class, the idea of a stand alone Death Knight class would be highly unlikely. The same applies with Chen Stormstought and Monks.

The same also applies to Illidan and Demon Hunters.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-09-17 at 10:00 PM.

You honestly believe that one person would control design decisions of an entire class? Furthermore, you honestly believe that Blizzard would continue those design decisions after he was fired?

No, its just called common sense.
    Thats not common sense.. its your big assumption based on two abilities. How many abilities does a seperate class have?

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Lore, Warlocks learned Metamorphosis from Illidan. That's a lore connection, and Warlocks wearing Illidan inspired armor is another lore connection along with Glyph of Demon Hunting, and other items.
    Inspired by Illidan doesn't mean inspired by or related to Demon Hunters. Just to Illidan. Illidan the demon. Also, sets are inspired by plenty of characters and monsters. Not necessarily even related to the class the set is for.

Illidan is to Demon Hunters what Chen is to Monk/Brewmasters, or Arthas is to Death Knights. If Arthas' namesake, theme, and abilities were being linked to an existing class, the idea of a stand alone Death Knight class would be highly unlikely. The same applies with Chen Stormstought and Monks.
    Chen is still a Brewmaster. Arthas is currently deceased, but died as DK. Illidan (if alive) is now a demon. Not a demon hunter. He doesn't hunt demons any more.

I have not seen a single new point or argument made in the last 30+ pages of this thread - not sure why they can't "agree to disagree"...

Personally i think blizzard will do whatever they want without adhering to any logic or pattern.

Very similar debates were waged on Diablo 3 forums where Druid (not represented in d3) fans and Assassin (not represented in d3) fans were arguing, alongside some other less famous class suggestions.

In the end blizzard decided to go with the Crusader (holy warrior melee with a shield), a class that IMMENSELY overlaps with Monks (holy melee, can use shield) and Barbarians (warrior melee, can use shield)

If their design/development team thinks that "Barbie, the housewife nut" is a cool class design - they will go with that class, and no amount of fan fury or arguments based on missing armor types will matter...

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I have not seen a single new point or argument made in the last 30+ pages of this thread - not sure why they can't "agree to disagree"...

Personally i think blizzard will do whatever they want without adhering to any logic or pattern.

Very similar debates were waged on Diablo 3 forums where Druid (not represented in d3) fans and Assassin (not represented in d3) fans were arguing, alongside some other less famous class suggestions.

In the end blizzard decided to go with the Crusader (holy warrior melee with a shield), a class that IMMENSELY overlaps with Monks (holy melee, can use shield) and Barbarians (warrior melee, can use shield)

If their design/development team thinks that "Barbie, the housewife nut" is a cool class design - they will go with that class, and no amount of fan fury or arguments based on missing armor types will matter...
    Are you being reasonable? With that signature? huh

A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Are you being reasonable? With that signature? huh
    You seem to be overly sensitive or something.

My signature is an idea for a tinker + alchemist class.

Will that idea happen or not i got no clue, nor do i see how is my signature relevant to what i wrote.

Lots of people on these forums post reasons for or against certain classes in WoW - none of them matter in the slightest, blizzard does as it fancies... for all we know they might fuse Tinker and Demon Hunter into a single class and make them wear a combination of all 4 armor classes...
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2013-09-17 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    It's not that, it's that Shefu mis-spoke when he said "Person X believes Tinkers will be added." It should have said "Person X insists Tinkers will be added". As soon as someone says "This will happen, all other ideas are wrong" it stirs up a hornet's nest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hengwulf View Post
    Inspired by Illidan doesn't mean inspired by or related to Demon Hunters. Just to Illidan. Illidan the demon. Also, sets are inspired by plenty of characters and monsters. Not necessarily even related to the class the set is for.
    Illidan= Demon Hunters. You can't have one without the other.

Chen is still a Brewmaster. Arthas is currently deceased, but died as DK. Illidan (if alive) is now a demon. Not a demon hunter. He doesn't hunt demons any more.
    Considering that Demon Hunters could transform themselves into demons and use demonic powers, I'm not seeing the issue here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan is a demon hunter still as much as Arthas is a paladin still

Frankly, and I'm sure I'm gonna bring some hunter/rogue hate on myself for this, any new class they add needs to be able to use mail and wield melee daggers and/or ranged weapons, as a raid leader I'm sick of these weapons that only one class can use, and it makes no damned sense! Personally, I'd like to see another pure dps class that can cast wearing int mail, melee using agi mail and daggers, and also ranged using hunter gear but with a very different style (which is tricky because they're having a hard enough time differentiating hunters.

Since I'm kind of bored maybe I'll give this a shot:

Tinker class - Unique resource, similar to runes/chi uses "gears" that regenerate over time or by using CDs/talents

Saboteur - attacks from a distance using enchanted gizmos designed to befuddle and disable his enemies
    Hook/unique feature, rather than being a mana based "caster" uses weaker resource free attacks combo'ed with powerful spells that cost new resource which regenerates based on proper use of attack rotation. All "gear" (resource) related abilities involve charging and using custom devices w/ cool animations like lightning rods and little robots. Unfortunately similar to ele shaman in that damage will be nature/fire (poisons and explosions)

Dismantler - gets in close to his targets and uses a powerful combination of explosives and daggers to dispatch his foes
    Has some abilities similar to a rogue but attacks like an ele shaman, uses daggers but has a natural swing speed slow so needs fast weapons. Relies on placing explosives attached to targets or on the ground for most damage, particularly in AoE. Gears generate for this spec by meleeing the target and naturally over time.

Metallurgist - uses powerful ordinance blasts and customized explosives to wreak havoc on his foes
    Difficult to make different from a hunter but here goes: Uses ranged weapons for normal attacks, uses turrets for many effects and hurls explosives at targets. Turrets can have different effects, such as webbing, laser (single target), flak (AoE), decoy (taunts a target) etc. And can only have one Turret up at a time. Unlike other two specs, uses gears similar to a aff lock's soulshards to "overcharge" abilities. Most abilities when overcharged will do extra damage but can have extra effects.
    Ex: Overcharged Laser Turret will also fire rockets that do heavy damage to enemies in the blast area, Overcharged decoy turret will place shields on nearby injured friendly targets.
    Gears for the Metallurgist are regenerated by disassembling turrets, and using "opportunity" procs, which essentially amounts to a whack-a-mole rotation of using the correct ability within a certain proc window.

In my head, the Metallurgist has the highest skill cap, followed by the Saboteur, and then the Dismantler. Anyway, was fun dreaming this stuff up, I guess there still is room for unique abilities in a hunter-similar role.
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Where's Exploding Sheep in the Tinker ability list?
    2. Removed from the game.
    3. http://www.wowhead.com/item=85574#reward-from-q In other words, just because an item is in the game, doesn't mean anything.
    4. See number 3.
    5. Yes, we have high tech weapons in the game. Yet another reason why we need a technology class.
    6. What does Time Lord mage armor have to do with Tinkers?
    7. Nice mount.

I can do this too. Sky golem? Theres your battle suit. Tinker = engineering.
    Except you can't battle in a Sky Golem.

Quote Originally Posted by Druidjezus View Post
    Frankly, and I'm sure I'm gonna bring some hunter/rogue hate on myself for this, any new class they add needs to be able to use mail and wield melee daggers and/or ranged weapons, as a raid leader I'm sick of these weapons that only one class can use, and it makes no damned sense! Personally, I'd like to see another pure dps class that can cast wearing int mail, melee using agi mail and daggers, and also ranged using hunter gear but with a very different style (which is tricky because they're having a hard enough time differentiating hunters.
    Playing axton in wow would be fun huh

- - - Updated - - -

1. Where's Exploding Sheep in the Tinker ability list?
    2. Removed from the game.
    3. http://www.wowhead.com/item=85574#reward-from-q In other words, just because an item is in the game, doesn't mean anything.
    4. See number 3.
    5. Yes, we have high tech weapons in the game. Yet another reason why we need a technology class.
    6. What does Time Lord mage armor have to do with Tinkers?
    7. Nice mount.

Except you can't battle in a Sky Golem.
    Except youll never ride in a mech suit in a wow class. Trinkets such as these perform as abilities. It's not my fault you cant accept the blatant engineering overlap.

In fact, its kind of pathetic. And id feel sorry for you, but you totally deserve emotional trauma when blizzard announces next class and it isnt tinker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Illidan is a demon hunter still as much as Arthas is a paladin still
    Bad analogy. A Paladin going DK is like a priest becoming a satanist.

What happened with Illidan is like a priest that becomes a fanatic and starts torturing people in the name of their god. He's still a priest, just a crazy priest.

Teron Gorefiend = death knights. But apparently you can have one without the other. Fun fact: Teron was originally a warlock before becoming the first original death knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Perpetuus View Post
    Teron Gorefiend = death knights. But apparently you can have one without the other. Fun fact: Teron was originally a warlock before becoming the first original death knight.
    The community likes to turn their heads on the original death knights.

- - - Updated - - -

Bad analogy. A Paladin going DK is like a priest becoming a satanist.

What happened with Illidan is like a priest that becomes a fanatic and starts torturing people in the name of their god. He's still a priest, just a crazy priest.
    Wtf is that analogy.. Illidan went crazy and power hungry from love