You guys seem to missing a VERY important part of using RJW.

It fcking pads the meters HUGElY in the BrM's favor, you know what that means? An insane amount of raid guards going out to your raid members. Not only will it be a dps increase in some fights, it will very easily be like taking 1/3rd of a healer with you. Talking 10man at least.

So I tested out Healing Elixirs last night on Siegebreaker. Mostly because I didn't find a need to use either of the other two talents. It only healed for 1.2M, with 33% overheal which was 7.7% of my total healing. I'm sure I could have gamed it more to get more effective healing from it, but it didn't seem like a terrible talent now.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    So I tested out Healing Elixirs last night on Siegebreaker. Mostly because I didn't find a need to use either of the other two talents. It only healed for 1.2M, with 33% overheal which was 7.7% of my total healing. I'm sure I could have gamed it more to get more effective healing from it, but it didn't seem like a terrible talent now.
    7.7% of the healing you did, or 7.7% of the healing you took? I know Kaiadam/Daught's been using it as his default, and swapping for fights that seemed to favor another talent. Once we decide this week to just clear out, going to try running the tank meta, tank cape, healing elixirs for pretty much every fight, even ones I don't think they're the best for to add some data points on each of those.

Anyone happen to know whether the health threshold on Dampen harm is pre-stagger or not? Impacts the usefulness of the talent quite a bit if little things (ie Garrosh adds) are going to eat charges, rather than it being 3 Garrosh hits that it will reduce. Generally have that concern on almost every adds fight, of which there are many. DH just seems to get charges eaten but a bunch of lame attacks. TBH, that's probably good for the game, it was pretty OP.

Glyph of Enduring Healing Sphere really needs to be added to the guide. I find it to be an essential tanking glyph in many fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Slatch View Post
    Glyph of Enduring Healing Sphere really needs to be added to the guide. I find it to be an essential tanking glyph in many fights.
    I haven't taken it out this patch (though I probably should for Galakras, Immerseus). I basically use FB, Enduring, and Fortuitous every fight, then if I need to Zen med while moving, or make guard magic only, I pick one to swap out. As much as FB is almost universally good, making it a glyph I had in 100% of the time prior to this patch, it's never really 'that' good which makes it easy to swap out.

I had two suggestions for the original guide.

I noticed there isn't a section that talks about macro's for talents. The end of the
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-PvE-Guide-5-4 guide has a nice section that I think could be nicely incorporated into this guide in terms of macro's. For a one stop BM shop that is, rather than checking them both

Also, there was a best in slot list which is nice. But I have found this wowhead guide very useful for determining where your upgrades will drop for me or where I should focus my extra rolls for maximum chances: Which may be useful for newbie BMs in a headstart for finding their gear. Perhaps out of scope of the guide, perhaps not

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1240/mo...gi-553-by-boss
    Last edited by Zene; 2013-09-17 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lairpie View Post
    7.7% of the healing you did, or 7.7% of the healing you took? I know Kaiadam/Daught's been using it as his default, and swapping for fights that seemed to favor another talent. Once we decide this week to just clear out, going to try running the tank meta, tank cape, healing elixirs for pretty much every fight, even ones I don't think they're the best for to add some data points on each of those.

Anyone happen to know whether the health threshold on Dampen harm is pre-stagger or not? Impacts the usefulness of the talent quite a bit if little things (ie Garrosh adds) are going to eat charges, rather than it being 3 Garrosh hits that it will reduce. Generally have that concern on almost every adds fight, of which there are many. DH just seems to get charges eaten but a bunch of lame attacks. TBH, that's probably good for the game, it was pretty OP.
    Healing I did, it was 4% of the healing I took. I think I swapped to Diffuse Magic on Iron Juggernaut/Shaman, and then used Dampen Harm on Malkorok. Other than the first night where we did up to Shaman, I used tank cloak/meta on every fight. I might have used the DPS cloak on Spoils, but I know at the time I didn't have the expertise with it. I can potentially seeing Healing Elixirs being the "go to" talent anytime you won't need DH or DM. As far as Dampen Harm, I believe it's post stagger. Otherwise a lot of hits would just eat it.

edit: I did pick up 2p midway through last week, and the bonus is pretty crappy honestly. It was 4.4% of my healing on Siegebreaker and 3.5% on Thok. I didn't have a lot of raid guards (15 thok 18 siege), so that could be an issue too. I did pick up 4p last night, so going to test that out this week and see how I feel about it.
    Last edited by Promdates; 2013-09-17 at 07:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nazgrim I got 820k (16% overheal) and 1.11m on Malkorok (12.5% overheal) with Healing Elixirs. Been taking it for any fight where DH or DM doesn't have a clear timed event or debuff they are needed.
    I might have used the DPS cloak on Spoils, but I know at the time I didn't have the expertise with it.
    With some tweaking of gear I actually have mine set so DPS cloak = Crit RoRo / Tank cloak = Mastery RoRo + both are hit/expertise capped almost exactly. There are some tricks with using AMR that make it pretty easy if you need suggestions.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2013-09-17 at 08:32 PM.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Nazgrim I got 820k (16% overheal) and 1.11m on Malkorok (12.5% overheal) with Healing Elixirs. Been taking it for any fight where DH or DM doesn't have a clear timed event or debuff they are needed.
    I'm curious whether HE + 4t16 is going to be really cool, or if it's just going to result in one or the other overhealing a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by lairpie View Post
    I'm curious whether HE + 4t16 is going to be really cool, or if it's just going to result in one or the other overhealing a lot.
    I'll let you know tonight! haha. Are you on the NA realms?

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post

With some tweaking of gear I actually have mine set so DPS cloak = Crit RoRo / Tank cloak = Mastery RoRo + both are hit/expertise capped almost exactly. There are some tricks with using AMR that make it pretty easy if you need suggestions.
    Oh yeah, I have mine set up to match expertise between the capes (agi hybrid gem and forging expertise off on tanking cloak, expertise hybrig gem and forging haste to expertise in on dps cloak gets them "close enough"), but using an expertise/crit gem in my dps cape, and an agi/mastery gem in my tanking cape would make the cape swap my roro proc too. Good call. I'll probably still manually tweak it some fights while we're progressing on them, but that should work nicely for most content.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll let you know tonight! haha. Are you on the NA realms?
    yeah, sent you my battle tag.

Losing t15 4 piece, what are we stacking now? Crit, Haste or Mastery?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Doesn't change much ~2000 more haste will replace what "free" Chi you were using on PB if you decide that is even needed to do. Plenty still running with 4.5k or so without it.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

We aren't stacking anything, really. Same stuff as before: get enough haste to be comfortable, get enough mastery to to survive your difficulty, rest in crit.

The difference is that haste is valued a bit higher and crit is valued a bit less so in the majority of cases you'll want a bit more haste than you did previously with tier 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Slatch View Post
    Added.

Quote Originally Posted by Zene View Post
    I had two suggestions for the original guide.
    Macros and an extended BiS list might be things to add in the future. If I have some time I might pull them together.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mister Madgod View Post
    We aren't stacking anything, really. Same stuff as before: get enough haste to be comfortable, get enough mastery to to survive your difficulty, rest in crit..
    Ok, well my plan is. Yellow sockets get 320 mastery, blue gets crit/stam, and red gets exp/crit. Sound good?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Ok, well my plan is. Yellow sockets get 320 mastery, blue gets crit/stam, and red gets exp/crit. Sound good?
    Assuming you're doing 25 man that seems fine on paper. Again I do emphasize that brewmasters ARE kinda personalizable. What's best is very much dependent on you and your raid setup.

So we did SoO on two days and i must say, a little more mastery then in ToT feels very very good. i replaced my rune with the talisman of bloodlust hc, dropped +– 4% of crit and out it into mastery. on thok the bloodthirsty i was on 10th on taking damage. i would like to go 10k mastery and the rest into crit but for now i don't want to drop the crit to archive that.
    13/13

Monk

Also what role you're doing in the fight and what fight and all sorts of stuff. This isn't people saying you have to decide to teach people a lesson in simming gear or something, there's really no answer and you have to decide and go with what works for you, your raid, and your role in the fight. Except haste, pretty much still bad. Not bad enough to avoid, but unless you are purifying constantly because your healers are really that bad, or you're doing content that is just that hard, you really don't need much. You can keep shuffle up, guard at will and purify quite a bit with 0 haste.

0 haste
    12.65 energy per second (ascension + ox)
    in 100 seconds that means I have 1265 energy to work with (not counting initial energy).
    12.5 keg smashes generates 25 chi, costs 500 energy.
    that leaves energy for ~19 EH, jab, RJW yielding 19 chi.
    44 total chi
    3 guards cost 6 chi.
    100 seconds of guard costs 17 chi
    21 left over chi. you can purify every 5 seconds with that Chi, which is a ton considering most fights you're not even tanking a lot of the time in some fights.
    So, more haste is:
    more dps, but its basically the worst dps stat
    more EB, but unless you're crit capped, its worse than crit for EB, and if you're worried about dying, mastery is going to help more than additional gratuitous EB stacks at a poor rate
    More Expel Harm spam at low HP. Technically yes, but adding the 5.6k haste that I can't ditch makes me jump up to 14.3, less than 2 energy per second. The odds that you happen to get an extra life saving EH off because of that are so incredibly small.

So yah, if you feel you need more haste, um, don't use random abilities or actually hit keg smash or whatever.

Got 2 piece tonight, it's even more underwhelming than I expected. It was about 3% of my healing for the fights I had it. And we got some logs up tonight, looks like the tanking meta is ~40% uptime for me, but I need to see what % of the time I'm actively tanking that it's up for better analysis. I'll probably keep using it, but I was curious about the effective uptime.

Something I noticed that I wanted to ask for details about: off tank wanted me to solo tank Immerseus, I said sure. Used Dampen Magic the first two stack of the attack I took, and the second time I figured my Niuzao cloak would cover it. However, it seemed to proc on the killing blow and not save me. I'm assuming there's an absorb limit, possibly max HP. The overkill was 1M, logs are linked below with a snippet shown. Gained the buff, but it didn't seem to absorb anything.

[21:11:14.299] Amp afflicted by Endurance of Niuzao from Amp
    [21:11:14.299] Amp's Endurance of Niuzao fades from Amp
    [21:11:14.330] Immerseus Corrosive Blast Amp 763397 (O: 1005903, A: 763397)
    [21:11:14.695] Amp dies
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...7/?s=411&e=658

Might be a bad boss to counter values on but anyways.. did ordos on my monk last night and he got totally wrecked.. had shuffle up and EB every 10 or so stacks with almost 70% uptime... still i had to spam Purify like a horny donkey outside McDonalds... is it that i have to low ilvl for a dude like that or would it poss be im doing something wrong? (not asking WHAT i did wrong in that case, just want to eliminate one or the other)

edit; did a boss in flex at 3ilvls lower then currently and wasnt any issues. so starting to think its ordos himself that gimps my monk alot but still would like some feedback
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-09-18 at 07:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.