Deleted

Regarding Vanilla servers

Nope, this is not another "why we need vanilla servers thread".
    I've been thinking about this for some time, but what if blizzard extended the free to play to vanilla and lvl 60. I know that the game is way different now but still this would fix lots of problems, 1: it would fix population on lots of realms because im pretty sure peoples that play on private vanilla servers would gladly come on blizzard, 2: more players would be leveling, the servers would be more alive, 3: it would fix the crappy BGs at low level, atm from lvl 30 to 60 i have to stay about 20 minutes in queue and that in peak time.
    To sum this up i think it would be a big plus for wow community.
    What do you think about this?
    Last edited by mmoce05feee610; 2013-09-18 at 08:23 AM. Reason: don't want to turn the topic into: WoW at lvl 60 is not the same as vanilla.

This would be a pretty cool idea, Give a f2p Option which includes Raiding/Quests/Dungeons. i wouldn't mind this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    I've been thinking about this for some time, but what if blizzard extended the free to play to vanilla and lvl 60. I know that the game is way different now but still this would fix lots of problems, 1: It could fix the problem in cause that which lots of players are asking for vanilla servers, 2: it would fix population on lots of realms because im pretty sure peoples that play on private vanilla servers would gladly come on blizzard, 3: more players would be leveling, the servers would be more alive, 4: it would fix the crappy BGs at low level, atm from lvl 30 to 60 i have to stay about 20 minutes in queue and that in peak time.
    Yeah I understand what you are saying. But seriously, who would want to play with today's skills (I mean the skills/spells in your spellbook) and talents in a level 60 enviroment? I sure wouldn't. I love vanilla but that would NOT be a vanilla experience AT ALL. Which is ofcourse the reason why I or anyone I guess would play on a vanilla server... to get that same experience you had when playing vanilla so many years ago.

The free to play thing isn't a bad suggestion perse until level 60. Could attract people to play WoW. Then again a Trial account could just up the level a bit.

Anyway, no you would not have a vanilla experience ergo it would not FIX anything.
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2013-09-18 at 08:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Yeah I understand what you are saying. But seriously, who would want to play with today's skills (I mean the skills/spells in your spellbook) and talents in a level 60 enviroment? I sure wouldn't. I love vanilla but that would NOT be a vanilla experience AT ALL. Which is ofcourse the reason why I or anyone I guess would play on a vanilla server... to get that same experience you had when playing vanilla so many years ago.

The free to play thing isn't a bad suggestion perse until level 60. Could attract people to play WoW. Then again a Trial account could just up the level a bit.

Anyway, no you would not have a vanilla experience ergo it would not FIX anything.
    While this is true i think that wow is way much better now, i remember my first char, it took me about 1 year to get it to lvl 70 (started playing in 2.1.3) don't get me wrong i loved it but i think i would not be able to play on the old engine, now we have much more complex boss fights, achievements etc.etc.
    But true it would not feel like vanilla at al. BUT STILL it would help alot.

Although it's a decent idea for bringing in new players, I completely disagree with your #1. The game during Vanilla was nothing like the game now capped at level 60. Everything has changed.

While this is true i think that wow is way much better now, i remember my first char, it took me about 1 year to get it to lvl 70 (started playing in 2.1.3) don't get me wrong i loved it but i think i would not be able to play on the old engine, now we have much more complex boss fights, achievements etc.etc.
    But true it would not feel like vanilla at al. BUT STILL it would help alot.
    The reason why it took you so long to level was because you were new. If players of this skill level were to level back then, it would be a matter of days. Yeah, it could be fun, but I don't know as to if it would help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Although it's a decent idea for bringing in new players, I completely disagree with your #1. The game during Vanilla was nothing like the game now capped at level 60. Everything has changed.
    I stated the same thing in my main post and in my replay

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post

The reason why it took you so long to level was because you were new. If players of this skill level were to level back then, it would be a matter of days. Yeah, it could be fun, but I don't know as to if it would help.
    Indeed, they would have to completely revert the game and it would massively effect those above 60.

I like the idea of allowing up to 60 as F2p (Imo it should include up to CATA as f2p)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Indeed, they would have to completely revert the game and it would massively effect those above 60.
    You do realise i did not asked to change the core and client to old one?

The thing is weird tho. I would like a vanilla server with the old skills etc etc etc... But I would absolutely would not like paladin blessings as they were. I would also dread being pigeonholed again into healing (even tho I love healing) and not having duo spec. I would dread not having so much bagspace as I do now.
    I would dread not having transmog. I would dread not having good gear for my class/spec.

The rest I loved

I've been thinking about this for some time, but what if blizzard extended the free to play to vanilla and lvl 60. I know that the game is way different now but still this would fix lots of problems, 1: it would fix population on lots of realms because im pretty sure peoples that play on private vanilla servers would gladly come on blizzard, 2: more players would be leveling, the servers would be more alive, 3: it would fix the crappy BGs at low level, atm from lvl 30 to 60 i have to stay about 20 minutes in queue and that in peak time.
    there a lot of private vanilla,tbc,wrath servers, they are free to play, go google
    so no need for blizzard to do this, if you have nostalgia go do that, otherwise game lives on and it going way the developers want it as it profitable and they not gonna throw you a free bone
    I've played already enough vanilla, tbc, wrath and cata when it was current and I want NEW FRESH content not re-live same story again so this shit not gonna work for me

I would like to see a fp2 model from 1-60. Not only could I then entice the other half into playing, but it may get some of the quieter realms a little busier. Sure we have cross realms, but the cities are quiet. May even get some completely new players into the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    there a lot of private vanilla,tbc,wrath servers, they are free to play, go google
    so no need for blizzard to do this, if you have nostalgia go do that, otherwise game lives on and it going way the developers want it as it profitable and they not gonna throw you a free bone
    I've played already enough vanilla, tbc, wrath and cata when it was current and I want NEW FRESH content not re-live same story again so this shit not gonna work for me
    Have you readed my post?

15+ Year Old Account
    There are more issues to "Vanilla servers" than just having them. It would technically have to be a completely seperate game with a completely seperate client. There were also issues in late Vanilla regarding certain new features being implemented in different patches; some classes got talent revamps before others did.

In order to really replicate Vanilla, they'd need to distribute a unique client and use progression servers (similar to what EQ has), in which they progress through the original patches, in order, either following a defined timeline or based on community feedback (similar to what EQ does). Of course, the EQ progression servers aren't really replicating classic EQ, they just disable newer features and zones.

I have 2 WoW accs, but i still play on a Vanilla Private with more than 10k players. Epic feelings. 4 days played still lv 39, lol.