Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Blizzard Korea implements Battle coins to purchase xp buff

korean battle.net website http://bit.ly/1eSbeQW

Nice, I'm sure a user here on mmo champ thought he saw this coming, Benbos I think it was.

For those who are going to be like "HURR SHADY LINK DO NOT CLICK" I clicked it, it's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've known about this for months at this point.

So what are Battle Coins, just a replacement for "blizzard balance"? You buy coins for real money and then spend the coins on in-game products?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    So what are Battle Coins, just a replacement for "blizzard balance"? You buy coins for real money and then spend the coins on in-game products?
    I would assume that's how it would work.

correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't most games in the asian region based on micro transactions? This is how they make most of their revenue. I have played some games that required you to buy stuff in order to do harder content.

In this instance blizz is just giving people there the means to level their characters faster. Why is it so bad?

my 2cents.

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't most games in the asian region based on micro transactions? This is how they make most of their revenue. I have played some games that required you to buy stuff in order to do harder content.

In this instance blizz is just giving people there the means to level their characters faster. Why is it so bad?

my 2cents.
    Don't think anyones said anything bad about it so far;o (in this thread)

10+ Year Old Account
    Micro transactions are the way of the future, so many FTP games out there in so many different genres that have micro transactions as this is their main revenue.
    I bought GTA 5 on the xbox yesterday, and there is a feature there to buy stuff from the xbox shop, even though i paid $80 for the game, eventually if I want to upgrade stuff I will have to get my CC out and use it.(mind you they've had these features since Xbox live became active)
    WoW has had a game shop for some time now, micro transactions are happening in Asia and they will eventually happen in the US/EU. Its not necessarily a bad thing, just the way the gaming industry is going and WoW isn't immune to this.(my opinion ofc)

Quote Originally Posted by magicric View Post
    Micro transactions are the way of the future, so many FTP games out there in so many different genres that have micro transactions as this is their main revenue.
    I bought GTA 5 on the xbox yesterday, and there is a feature there to buy stuff from the xbox shop, even though i paid $80 for the game, eventually if I want to upgrade stuff I will have to get my CC out and use it.(mind you they've had these features since Xbox live became active)
    WoW has had a game shop for some time now, micro transactions are happening in Asia and they will eventually happen in the US/EU. Its not necessarily a bad thing, just the way the gaming industry is going and WoW isn't immune to this.(my opinion ofc)
    Micro transactions have been here way before WoW was live. Its not the way of the future is just the way it is for some games.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Doesn't matter. As Blizzard saying it is intended to be limited to Asia. This will go the "slippery slope" and "Blizzard are liars, this will come to us as well" way.
    Korea is part of Asia though so I don't understand why people would say that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Don't think anyones said anything bad about it so far;o (in this thread)
    No, but you want people to take the bait and do it. Why else would you create the thread with such a title. Could have word it... "Battle net coins, go live on asian market."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Doesn't matter. As Blizzard saying it is intended to be limited to Asia. This will go the "slippery slope" and "Blizzard are liars, this will come to us as well" way.
    Go do some digging around the asian gaming market and you will notice that most if not all their games are micro transaction based. This model has not worked on the US or EU markets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Micro transactions have been here way before WoW was live. Its not the way of the future is just the way it is for some games.
    Ofc they have been there before WoW but look at how many games these days have them? Micro transactions are very popular these days and gaming companies know this. It is the way of the future when it comes to gaming, look at how many games you can download on your smart phone for nothing? But they are full of micro transaction game shops. Rift? LoL? Swtor? World of Tanks? regardless if you think those games are bad, they survive because of micro transactions.
    WoW isn't immune to this and if you think WoW won't or shouldn't have micro transactions in the game then you are kidding yourself.

No, but you want people to take the bait and do it. Why else would you create the thread with such a title. Could have word it... "Battle net coins, go live on asian market."
    Not intended like that...
    xp buff is related, they both went live yesterday (or today) in korea

I didn't make the thread;o
    And the responses to the OP haven't been that negative at all. Sure it is a controversial subject, but honestly, I don't personally have an issue with it at all.

Heck, if they make it so you can buy coins from other players with in game gold like in GW2, I'd love having that implemented over here. I'd finally be able to look at their online shop as something worth browsing rather than something that sucks resources from the real product.

I would buy exp buffs in a second, so long as they were reasonably priced. 85 to 90 is the worst.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So question, if this is for Asian countries only(like some keep saying) why is the text in English? Seems like a complete waste of time translating something that's for Asian countries only into English if they only plan to keep it in Asia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    So question, if this is for Asian countries only(like some keep saying) why is the text in English? Seems like a complete waste of time translating something that's for Asian countries only into English if they only plan to keep it in Asia.
    Cause english is the new Asian hehe
    Good question though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    But yeah i'm guessing when they program anything they do it in english first then translate it... wouldn't that make sense?

I don't know why the fuck they are called "micro" transactions. You can't buy shit for less than 10 euros, what the fuck is micro about that? If this is the online games future, my future is in single player games. That don't have a fucking day 1 on-disk DLC