Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by piin View Post
    Very well said. I'm actually surprised at how many people defend the rage level on this one. If he's such an accomplished leader, why isn't he able to get results without verbally demeaning the people he's trying to work with. I get that the raid we watched is a pug of some sort, but still, I really question anyone who is going to defend this as effective leadership. Is the wife who stays with the abusive husband proof that his actions "get the job done?" Just because they still have raid members doesn't justify his abuse.
    Sadly every guild leader breaks under the pressure and yells at baddies. This isn't a I missed and opportunity kind of deal the guy was stacking archangel to 50 or something while someone was dying, no pw:s or prayer or twist of faith or whatever. World first expect top notch reaction and yes stopping your smite spam while people are dying could be a pretty important reaction.

he clearly went pretty hard, but we don't know how much that priest was baddie (he also tries to give reason for his low output talking about puddle before apologizing)

Besides apologizes are worth nothing for any leader specially if you keep messing up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    For anyone who is still confused, Penance and Holy Fire/Solace should be cast on CD. With my curent gear, Penance heals for over 200k in less then 2 seconds, while Holy Fire/Solace is about 130k for an instant cast. They are also both smart heals, so they always go to the lowest health target. They both build stacks for Archangel. Include Divine Aegis for crits, and it's a no brainer that casting them on CD is beneficial to your healing.

Smite is a bit different in that it has a cast time and heals for a lot less. That being said, if the damage is sporadic and isn't predictable, Smite can be your best option sometimes.

Don't forget all the damage the Disc is doing during that time, which is invaluable for a 10 man.

The only thing that Priest was doing wrong, without having seen the actual fight or logs, is that he was using Atonement on a boss with 75% damage reduction, which made his Atonement heal for shit all.
    Considering that it's Blood Legion, the dps from the priest is not needed.

A Flash Heal even is much more mana effective than casting Smite. I agree that you should cast Solace on the boss, but not Holy Fire. It isn't that much healing done and Penance should definitely be used on a player instead if possible.

That wasn't the issue though. The issue was that they had a player on 18%. If you try to Atonement heal when someone is at 18%, you're a bad priest. Regardless.

Our priest did that until we told him to actually save us. After that, he used effective heals and we actually cleared Iron Qon HC first phase every time from then on.
    Atonement healing is greatly overestimated by people still stuck in 5.0.

Am I the only one who was absolutely outraged at the guy talking back to the raid leader? I felt like screaming at him myself and I thought Rigg (or w/e his name is) was completely in the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Considering that it's Blood Legion, the dps from the priest is not needed.

A Flash Heal even is much more mana effective than casting Smite. I agree that you should cast Solace on the boss, but not Holy Fire. It isn't that much healing done and Penance should definitely be used on a player instead if possible.

That wasn't the issue though. The issue was that they had a player on 18%. If you try to Atonement heal when someone is at 18%, you're a bad priest. Regardless.

Our priest did that until we told him to actually save us. After that, he used effective heals and we actually cleared Iron Qon HC first phase every time from then on.
    Atonement healing is greatly overestimated by people still stuck in 5.0.

He was looking at holy fire ticks triggering atonement and wondering why he was casting smite when there was a person at 18%. So no that wasnt the issue the issue was that the healers did not react fast enough to save the guy on 18% blaming it on the priest is adressing only half the problem.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but this how it goes in any form of compitition. Also real life sports, I hope you don't really think coaches are those "inspiritional" dudes like in the movies.

I've never been fan of anything or anyone so in my eyes anyone rooting for anything or anyone is an idiot. "yay somebody is doing some awesome I will never do, yaaaaaay"
    Yes they are you will never see someone flip out like that what the fuck?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting thread. I've read through it all, but one thing is missing. Does anyone actually know the background to this video? It's from early June, and obviously it's not a Blood Legion raid. Why is Riggs there?

I'm not seeing the problem here. I get that the yelling and verbal abuse are seen as ridiculous to most people playing this game, but at the end of the day he was right. The priest was doing the whole "I ain't even mad" nonsense, when he couldn't even answer simple questions. I would never berate someone like that in a video game, but I'm also not playing this game at the highest level. People like that priest have no business being in a top 10 guild.

I'm still amused by how serious an issue videogames are for some people.

Hahahaha totally need to link this on my guild forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naerg View Post
    I agree completely. Saw another video of him doing challenge modes with his guild and he was hurling abuse at his guildmates from about a minute into the video. I totally can't fathom why anyone would want to play with this guy. If he blows his lid to that extent in something trivial like a CM run, I can't imagine what he's like when they're pushing for world firsts.

I seriously feel sorry for the Blood Legion guys having to endure being in vent with this loser for hours and then probably only getting second place hc. Garosh.
    Wow, yeah then they should feel really bad about themselves I mean only second place? 0_o

10+ Year Old Account
    All boils down to what you can handle. Personally? I can handle screaming hyper nutters like this.

I grew up with 2 of them. Irrationally quick to anger and think volume is the way to handle everything, I can deal with that. Because I'm so tragically used to it.

I've only ever lost my cool over WoW once, and it really wasn't even that explosive.

I'm passive aggressive, during a brief tenure as a raid leader I was quite effective, but as with many folks I couldn't handle how much it took out of me.
    But I find other ways to get my points across, you only have to harden your tone when clowns and dozy gits are ruining it for you.
    If they still don't listen, a time out and replacement is all you need to make your point clear.

But yeah I can handle screamers fine. They're amusing, what are they gonna do, strangle me through my headset? Please.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    That's their environment. I personally find it quite funny, hell I find all forms of rage hilarious.

Hate to have a father like him...the damage he could do to kids.
    Nevermind a father, I'd hate to have a son like him. Basement dwelling repressed sore loser... Jesus Christ what a nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account
    when people play bad at that level they get called it. EVERY guild that raids at that level will hear it from a raid leader at one point or another. this isnt anything new youll hear it in all guilds.

if im not mistaken isnt rigg a marine?
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-09-19 at 11:34 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

it's quite baffling how there are people who think that kind of behavior is "right". The video was 8 minutes and probably half of it was the guy screaming "fucking retard, idiot, stupid fuck..." and somehow that is still "right"? How can that be right when it clearly got them nowhere after all that screaming? He could've saved 6 minutes and ended at the guy saying "my bad". But no, why not continue insulting someone when you have the chance to do so. And don't bring that marine shit in this case. They don't call each other "fucking idiots" for 5 minutes to get their point across. He sounded more like a bitch who can't let things go than a marine.
    Last edited by OscaR; 2013-09-19 at 11:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    when people play bad at that level they get called it. EVERY guild that raids at that level will hear it from a raid leader at one point or another. this isnt anything new youll hear it in all guilds.

if im not mistaken isnt rigg a marine?
    Ah so being a marine gives you a free "asshole pass"?

Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    Isn't there a point where self respect comes into play and you say, "Fuck this I'm out go fuck yourself" and leave?
    Yeah there is always that point but the thing is rigg was correct and all he wanted was the priest to say that he fucked up and wouldnt make that mistake again. Yet the priest never did and just argued the point in a ridiculous way.

Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    And don't bring that marine shit in this case. They don't call each other "fucking idiots" for 5 minutes to get their point across. He sounded more like a bitch who can't let things go than a marine.
    Actually there are some (S)NCOs who will do that. We consider them really bad leaders.

Meh' ammoried this Rigg fella, don't see what the fuss is all about. I'd chose my pixels over his any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tension is high with world first races. I doubt that this only happens in Blood Legion...

With that said, I think that anger and shouting is detrimental to creating a successful environment. You shouldn't be positive about mistakes but this will just make the recipient of your anger do their job even worse the next time around.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Yeah there is always that point but the thing is rigg was correct and all he wanted was the priest to say that he fucked up and wouldnt make that mistake again. Yet the priest never did and just argued the point in a ridiculous way.
    he did at minute 2.