How long should i wait to buy living steel

So i have two engineers and only one alchemist, so im gonna need to buy 30 living steel (less if i get procs) for my 2nd sky golem. Right now they are going for 425g each on my ah, i know this is going to go up in the future but ive been out of wow for some time now and maybe 425g is too high? I imagine they are gonna skyrocket once people get enough of the daily cooldown mats for the engineering mount so i wanna buy before that happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just lvl another alcemist . Its cheaper.

But i recomend you farm on your triller farm (ore) so you can save some cash that way.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I dont get how the fact that you have two engineers plays a role here.
    Why would you need 2 sky golems as mounts are accountwide nowadays and how does that relate to you having two engineers?
    Sure you could sell the second but you could as well sell the third anf fourth one and those are not subject.

Not wanting to be a prick it´s just my curse that i need to understand everything...

i believe the are boe. so two possible reasons here. gold or giving a friend a gift

Deleted
    The answer is easy: selling the mount on the SECOND month will net an unbelievably lesser margin.
    On the first month, you'll have X% of people using the mount for themselves, and (100-X)% of people selling it.
    Afterwards, you'll have part of that (100-X)% using the mount they just made, and the originale X% selling it for profit.
    The point is, only said fragment -- let's call it Y%-- of that (100-X)% will actually use the mount instead of selling it.
    This means that you'll then have (X%)+[(100-X-Y)%] of people selling the mount. --> X + 100 - X - Y = 100 - Y. Considering that Y<X, as stated before, since only part of the original sellers will waste the potential profit in favor of getting their own mount, you have that the number of sellers on the next month is higher, thus the need to pump out as many mounts as possible on the ah in the first batch.

Yes, I do tend to think in such terms...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamigawa View Post
    The answer is easy: selling the mount on the SECOND month will net an unbelievably lesser margin.
    On the first month, you'll have X% of people using the mount for themselves, and (100-X)% of people selling it.
    Afterwards, you'll have part of that (100-X)% using the mount they just made, and the originale X% selling it for profit.
    The point is, only said fragment -- let's call it Y%-- of that (100-X)% will actually use the mount instead of selling it.
    This means that you'll then have (X%)+[(100-X-Y)%] of people selling the mount. --> X + 100 - X - Y = 100 - Y. Considering that Y<X, as stated before, since only part of the original sellers will waste the potential profit in favor of getting their own mount, you have that the number of sellers on the next month is higher, thus the need to pump out as many mounts as possible on the ah in the first batch.

Yes, I do tend to think in such terms...
    Or an easier and much simpler way of saying it is a lot of people want to learn the mount for themselves in the first month. Much more likely to get people selling them off in the second, because they already have theirs. Ergo, more mounts in the market place = lower prices for said mounts.

15+ Year Old Account
    buy the living steel now, i just bought 20 steel at 435g each, they are only going to go up in price once it gets closer to that 30th day of jards cooldown...

Deleted
    I paid 599 gold each for 30 the other day. they've been that price for a long time on my realm, pretty poor pop realm tho. they are now 675 gold each ;p

Took 6 posts for someone to answer my question.

My god you people are a bunch of weirdos lol.

Deleted
    Edited ------

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Why do people keep saying that? Reminds me of the Sha Crystal recommenders in the *What to Stock up for 5.4* topics [The Price halved].
    Traditionally, the prizes of crafting materials have seen a slow decline if no content is introduced.

I learned it the hard way: A few Days after Mists Launch I didn't sell Living Steels for ~~5000Gold each because I wanted to wait until they become more expensive. :ugly
    Dude, the main reason you said not to stock on Sha's was completely wrong.

Good News Everyone fresh from Today's 5.4 Update:

* Items formerly obtained with Valor Points that now cost Justice Points as well as gear crafted from new PvP recipes or plans will now disenchant into Sha Crystal Fragments.
    Multiple Sha Crystal Fragments can be combined into a Sha Crystal.*

It's similair to what I thought would happen and hence I gave you the advice to not stock up ShaCrystals back in the olden days when I suggested to not stock up ShaCrystals

I just bought 30 living steel for 425g each, i think i did ok cause they are already 525 for lowest in AH. I can only see these going up in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically i spent 12.7k for golem mount and have another i can sell, that was the idea originally for the people who asked, sell one keep one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Or an easier and much simpler way of saying it is a lot of people want to learn the mount for themselves in the first month. Much more likely to get people selling them off in the second, because they already have theirs. Ergo, more mounts in the market place = lower prices for said mounts.
    i dont quite believe that, every engineer ive talked with in game tells me they are gonna sell the first mount and they all think they are gonna make some huge amounts of gold from it, what i see happening is the ah getting flood with these mounts the first day its possible to make them and prices going allmost as low as mats to make it cos of the over supply. and yes im also gonna be selling the first one possibly more cos i dont really like how it looks. should be worth noting though that im talking about fairly high populated server
    Last edited by mmoc122c1567f0; 2013-09-21 at 11:03 AM.

Ya but either way i think buying living steel now before it becomes like 800-1000g each is a good idea. Its not like every engineer who makes this has an alchemist nor are they gonna buy the living steel. They will just post in trade they have 30 of the mats needed and for you to bring the living steel to them.

I think living steel is gonna get crazy expensive the more i think about it, my 800-1000g estimate may be low.

Why do people keep saying that? Reminds me of the Sha Crystal recommenders in the *What to Stock up for 5.4* topics [The Price halved].
    Traditionally, the prizes of crafting materials have seen a slow decline if no content is introduced.

I learned it the hard way: A few Days after Mists Launch I didn't sell Living Steels for ~~5000Gold each because I wanted to wait until they become more expensive. :ugly
    Those situations are not even comparable. It's also pretty obvious that people buy stuff when they need it most of the time so the day 30-32 crush is going to cause Living steel to go up and a few days after that is another instance reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd simply look at your realms average Living Steel price of the past 2 weeks, and try to buy Living Steel in the coming 10-15 days before the inevitable short price spike around the time people get their mount on the market. Just look at the times when there's cheap(er) Living Steel to be had and buy then. Don't buy it all at once, just look at what the price has averaged and buy below that. Can't get it cheaper then that.

What you quoted was me quoting a Blue post as an Update ("news").
    In my original Post just said prices will go down without providing any reason or insight why passing on them was recommended:
    I asked specifically what the reason you thought Sha Crystal were going to drop, you said what you provided was similar to what the blue posted, implying you thought that people were going to be De'ing old gear or creating gear for Sha fragments and combining them.

I'll grant that the prediction was correct, but it was in a Nostradamus way. I would not take your advice on this topic if you cannot provide specific reasons as to why I should sell or buy Living Steel at a specific time.