Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    1) It is one of the hardest (if not the hardest) profession to level.
    This is true because of CRZ in outlands (god I hate that). However blacksmithing takes more ore and I also consider JCing to be harder.

2) There are not very many money making items for engineers.
    Fair point. The profession is still one of the strongest for challenge modes and offers other great benefits (shrine AH, repair bot, etc.). So it is far from 'rare'.

3) It will take 30 days to make, using a daily CD.
    True but one month really isn't all that much in a WoW setting.

So either level engineering - or pay what we (as engineers who took the time to level it and learn the necessary recipes) want to sell it for - an no less.
    Exactly, and leveling engineering costs 5-10k max if you aren't on a dead server (last time I checked leveling ore prices on my realm was 2 months ago I might add).

But even if you are on a server with a dead enonomy then there likely won't be many people with tons of gold so even then you won't be able to sell.
    (Getting the recipie is not even worth mentioning calling it 'uncommon' would be a stretch.)

The golem is a buyers market and many people will be disappointed . I'm even thinking of buying a few up cheap and trying to flip them after the first week.
    (Most people probably won't bother going through the trouble of making a second one after not reaching their expectations.)

Between the 2nd and 4th week it will probably be wise to resell tho just so you don't run into the second batch of people who learnt the first one themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    On that note - do you also believe the 553 gear (like the plate legs) will also be extremely high priced - due to only being able to make 1 pair every 28 days? Obviously with out using Spirits of war.
    The main problem with those is honestly how easy the content is. In 4 lockouts (so no spirits of war) even most casual guilds worth their salt will at least have 10/14 bosses down which means tons and tons of loot. This quickly limits your market to LFR + flex raiders which don't tend to spend 50k+ on their gear.

So I wouldn't bank on selling more than 1 or 2 pairs for an ok price.
    Last edited by mmocb100f50513; 2013-09-20 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metonae View Post
    Average price of materials on Kazzak-EU was 16K last week (didn't check this week). Guessing it won't be far off on other realms, so a reasonable price would be 30-40K.
    50 to 100K is way too much.
    Lol right.
    Easly over 200k first week, 100-200k later.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh you must be on a populated server where any and all mats are on the AH. Some people actually level their professions OUTSIDE of the AH. /gasp ikr

some of us are on very low pop servers where we do not have those luxuries.
    Agreed. I've been trying to level engineering on my alt for weeks without actually mining anything myself. People need to realize that servers are very, very different in terms of availability of mats on the AH AND pricing.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'll be selling mine a copper less than anyone else on my server. I'm making 2 at once and have the mats to make another 2 after it. I imagine they will still sell then that second month for about 50k on my server. If they are still going strong after that, I might make another 2 but that would be pushing it. If I only make 10-15k from it profit I'll pass.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    It's still the fact that an engineer can only make one every 30 days is what is going to make the price be so high, not what the raw materials are. I doubt you'll ever see them around 30-40k
    You are also forgetting something else. Not only does it take roughly 30 days to make one, the Cooldown is also used to make the two new engineer crafted pets.

So in reality, there may actually be roughly 50% less sky golems up for auction then engineers crafting them because many engineers may decide to make one of each Pet, rather then 1 sky golem for the first month.

If the profit is marginal, i won't be selling mine. If the profit is good, i will sell my first and make another one. 15k profit for 30 days is 500/day. I can make that SO easily another way without having to deal with a daily CD. I see no reason to settle for anything less than good profit or using it myself, especially in the first month.

Deleted
    God i hate when people use this damn excuse. It has nothing to do with the "how much the mats cost".

You obviously do not have an engineer. Here are some things you should know:

1) It is one of the hardest (if not the hardest) profession to level.
    2) There are not very many money making items for engineers. (mounts do not sell all that great due to the high cost to make them)
    3) It will take 30 days to make, using a daily CD.

So either level engineering - or pay what we (as engineers who took the time to level it and learn the necessary recipes) want to sell it for - an no less.

If you dont want to pay our price, then level it yourself, or gtfo cause you are dead wrong if you think anyone will sell it for the 16k you think it should go for.
    And you obviously didn't read what i said. I never said it would go for 16k or that i'd pay no more than that. Paying 30-40K for this is 14-24K PROFIT. That is a lot of gold for only 30 seconds work a day.

Also, the price you paid for leveling Engineering is of no concern to the customer.

Well, it all depends on your server too. As some people mentioned some AHs will be flooded with them, while others will not, and also low pop servers tend to have less mats on the AH. For some reason my server is beyond low pop (Seriously, at high play time, it's maybe 65 players for horde and alliance), but my server is FULL of uber-rich players who're mount whores AND lazy. This combo is great, coupled with that my AH has less than 400 (just checked) items on full AH search. I have 3 engineers, and my buddy has one. There's 4 of us who're IRL best friends, so we're making the mounts for ourselves, although I'm considering throwing mine on the AH. If I threw all 3 up I know, without a doubt, that I'd have 150k+ gold on my first day.

The only problem with this is that you have to expedite on it quickly since there's so little players on the realm. A lot of them will have the mount within months.

As far as pricing: as someone mentioned, Engi isn't able to bring in as much gold as the other professions are. Not nearly as much. And it's super costly to level, so stretching a bit in price isn't a bad thing since they're new (And super cool at that). If I finally decide to sell mine, I'm going to throw it up on the AH for 80k minimum.

The price is obviously dictated by supply and demand... and while demand should be good a lot of people seem to be forgetting that every single engineer on the server is going to be crafting this, and most of them are selling it. Definitely enough supply to go around to not let the price go rampant.

Might be some potential for higher profit on a few specific servers, but for the rest of us there's absolutely no way anybody else sells this higher than 100k. I don't think you'll even get that, unless you craft at 3am and get lucky enough that there's rich people on that late (early?) that are willing to buy when the supply is still low, but by midday I'm thinking 50k and dropping, eventually stabilizing at 20-30

It's true what alot of people here are saying, im looking at, if your on a low pop realm, you may get a good amount but on a realm like mine, you will be very lucky to get 40-50k tops and that's stretching it. I dont really need one myself but alot of guildies have engineering so i can just buy one off them. If you really think your gonna make 100k off a mount that is not even considered rare, cause anyone with eng can make them, you are in for a huge slap back into reality.

Deleted
    I think there will be massive supply tbh schematic is to easy to get.

So I am making 3 and will be happy with living steel cost x 2.

Will try to get more ofc but people saying 500k are on something.

Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    Ah idk everyone I know who wanted to get the mount quickly just switched professions (costs about ~5-10k on my server). On low pop realms it might be drastically higher.

The other people I've talked to said they don't mind waiting ~6 months for the mount to go down to about 15-20k (so pretty much mats price).

My advice is settle for 50k and sell quickly before the market gets flooded with others trying to make a quick buck not realizing that most buyers planned ahead too.

If you really find someone willing to spend 300k on something they could get themselves for ~50k max on day 1 (this includes switching to engineering for a month and going back to you old profession).

Then you deserve a prize for finding one of the rare WoW players that owns tons of gold yet has no idea how professions work.
    Oh i am not saying I think they are worth that, or that every server will have them up for that price, I just know my servers and the people on it, and I know some will put them up for that kind of price chancing their luck that someone will pay it. It all comes down to individual servers, but the JC'ing ones at the start of the expansion were up at 200k on my realm right at the start, whether they sell or not thats another thing

I think 60k ish will probably be the norm for a while on my realm then probably dipping down to mats +small fee after a while.

I won't be selling mines or buying one anyway, I will be keeping the one I am making

Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    It's still the fact that an engineer can only make one every 30 days is what is going to make the price be so high, not what the raw materials are. I doubt you'll ever see them around 30-40k
    Yes, but you cant put a price that is 10x higher then the investment, well you can but no1 will buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Metonae View Post
    And you obviously didn't read what i said. I never said it would go for 16k or that i'd pay no more than that. Paying 30-40K for this is 14-24K PROFIT. That is a lot of gold for only 30 seconds work a day.

Also, the price you paid for leveling Engineering is of no concern to the customer.
    Ah - I misread your initial post. Since demand will be high, cost will be high. once supply outweighs demand, the price will likely settle around the 40k mark.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

well I was prepaid 250k for the mount.....so throw your 50k predictions out the window......pathetic how cheap people think they will get things....engineers won't sell them cheap....30 living steels and 30 days of daily cds and you think you will initially get it for under 100k....get real...medium pop server btw
    Last edited by pallyopness; 2013-09-20 at 07:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know Alchemists that are still doing Archaeology for their mount RECIPE. Stop crying.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Yes, but you cant put a price that is 10x higher then the investment, well you can but no1 will buy.
    Absolute rubbish. You absolutely can put an item up for 10x it's "investment " ( and by investment I'm assuming you mean the quaint definition of mat cost) if other factors create a market in which it will be able to be sold at that price such as scarcity, prestige, availability of gold etc. Hell, I sold plenty of Royal Satchels for prices pushing 8k during the early months of MoP and the last consideration I had when pricing those bags was the cost of Windwool Cloth (which is all I needed to create one when reduced to base mats).
    Now, I'm not saying these mounts will sell for 10x their "investment" cost, but if they don't it will have nothing to do with their mat cost and more to with their availability versus desirability.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    well I was prepaid 250k for the mount.....so throw your 50k predictions out the window......pathetic how cheap people think they will get things....engineers won't sell them cheap....30 living steels and 30 days of daily cds and you think you will initially get it for under 100k....get real...medium pop server btw
    Troll harder, even people with half a brain know your full of crap, so i can buy an eng mount for 250k even though i can get a very rare spectral tiger on my realm for 300k. You must really think people are stupid, no one in there right mind would pre-pay you 250k up front for the mount and if it was a guildie or IRL you truly are a ignorant douchebag.

Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-09-20 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by healzforu View Post
    Troll harder, even people with half a brain know your full of crap, so i can buy an eng mount for 250k even though i can get a very rare spectral tiger on my realm for 300k. You must really think people are stupid, no one in there right mind would pre-pay you 250k up front for the mount and if it was a guildie or IRL you truly are a ignorant douchebag.
    actually no I am not trolling lol nice try though? and no it was not anyone from my guild but it was offered to me and I took it....i don't know what you think this would be a troll for? i was paid a week before 5.4 dropped from a guy that whispered me in the shrine after i used my boots lol. he offered 250k and I took it...something wrong with that?

That item will have A LOT of competition on big servers at least, I honestly am nervous about how much money I will actually get for this thing lol.