Deleted

[10M]Best performing off spec

Hi guys,
    I'm having problems deciding which off spec to go with. I used to play Demo/Destro in T15, because it was the best performing spec combination for our needs.
    In T16 I switched to Affli (obviously), but now I'm not quite sure which off spec to take. Demo was predicted to be completely dead, due to UVLS changes, but now still seems to be more than viable.
    Destro received a nerf to its ember build up flow, but its overall performance is better now.

I really don't feel like playing 3 specs at the same time (even though my guild is very progression orientated), so I was wondering if anyone knows if there are fights where demo is extremely superior to destro, or the other way round, or if I can simply stick with destro as off spec.
    Please do not answer with phrases like 'Play whatever you feel most comfortable with' - I'm comfortable with all specs.
    Last edited by mmoc029c04889c; 2013-09-20 at 10:09 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyy View Post
    Hi guys,
    I'm having problems deciding which off spec to go with. I used to play Demo/Destro in T15, because it was the best performing spec combination for our needs.
    In T16 I switched to Affli (obviously), but now I'm not quite sure which off spec to take. Demo was predicted to be completely dead, due to UVLS changes, but now still seems to be more than viable.
    Destro received a nerf to its ember build up flow, but its overall performance is better now.

I really don't feel like playing 3 specs at the same time (even though my guild is very progression orientated), so I was wondering if anyone knows if there are fights where demo is extremely superior to destro, or the other way round, or if I can simply stick with destro as off spec.
    Please do not answer with phrases like 'Play whatever you feel most comfortable with' - I'm comfortable with all specs.
    I'd take Demo > Destruction, as its more viable in 90% of cases.

Demonology is particularly strong on Sha of Pride, Iron Juggernaut, Dark Shaman, Thok, Siegecrafter and even Garrosh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrenka View Post

Demonology is particularly strong on Sha of Pride, Iron Juggernaut, Dark Shaman, Thok, Siegecrafter and even Garrosh.
    That's pretty much what I expected.
    I guess when you're talking about demo, you're talking about a UVLS + X trinket combination, right? I only have UVLS (H), but no TF version, but that shouldn't be that big of a problem, should it?

I wouldn't expect that do be a big deal as long as there is one mob that stays in the fight the entire time even my normal UVLS keeps crit dooms rolling most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrenka View Post

Can you expand a little bit on what makes Demo so strong on those encounters? I had to sit out for Iron Juggernaut, and for Sha of Pride and Dark Shaman I just blindly assumed that Aff was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post
    Can you expand a little bit on what makes Demo so strong on those encounters? I had to sit out for Iron Juggernaut, and for Sha of Pride and Dark Shaman I just blindly assumed that Aff was better.
    Easy to maintain high dps while moving, can help out more on adds without losing a lot of dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyy View Post
    That's pretty much what I expected.
    I guess when you're talking about demo, you're talking about a UVLS + X trinket combination, right? I only have UVLS (H), but no TF version, but that shouldn't be that big of a problem, should it?
    i can see demo being strong on those encounters and paragons too, sure you'll prolly have to a pad a bit more, but you can fairly easily keep 3 crit dooms rolling for an army of wild imps. the only encounter where i would disagree is iron juggernaut, ofc its way better than destro on that encounter, but if the choice is between afflic and demo for than encounter ill definately pick afflic but i will say this tho, demo is far from dead, UVLS is very much alive, in our flex and normal raid this friday i had an average up time on uvls of around 6-7% and thats with 4-5 hours of raiding and that is with a normal tf version. ofc i could just have been extremely lucky for 4-5 hours straight lol.

the problem with a question like "best performing off spec" is that all our specs have their place on different encounters and you cant just
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-09-21 at 02:18 PM.

Deleted
    It also depends on what your raid comp is, and how your raid works as a team. f.e. When we were doing dark shaman, I preferred to go demo even though I only have the normal UVLS, I can still keep crit dooms rolling on both targets. The fact it wasn't working was because of our dps on the slimes, it worked a lot better when I went destro and I could just RoF, Fire nd Brimstone them down. Even with hellfire + ManFury, I didn't have a lot. So long story short, it depends on what your raid requires. Best way to deal with it, is ask your RL what he would prefer the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drefan View Post
    Easy to maintain high dps while moving, can help out more on adds without losing a lot of dps.
    With KJC Destro can still keep up decent DPS.. Just have to be mindful and know when to toss your Chaos Bolts..
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post
    To add to that, afaik guardians are unaffected by corruption, giving demo (imp army was ~21-22% of my dps) a nice boost on norushen too. I didn't run sac, but probably should have