Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    I'm pretty sure Thok's Deafening Screech interrupts spellcasts, so I guess it could be because Arcane Mages has fewer instants unlike Locks, SP's? Pure speculations now ^_^

But yeah, hunters are especially awesome on that fight due to being mobile ranged and the fact that we cannot be interrupted by Thok.

Usually in the 10 man HC progress guild that I am a part of, our mage is on top on most fights. So I wouldn't call mages bad by any means.
    Yup, that's likely the reason. Our mages were raging and that was on normal (we have been unable to progress beyond four bosses because of server issues -_-). Warlocks on the other hand can go demo or spam fel flame if all shit hits the fan. I personally liked Thok, despite that ass annoying mechanic, but then I'm a warlock. The husband mage was less content, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Mages complaining about being too weak, oh boy.
    You've misunderstood the point of this thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Mages complaining about being too weak, oh boy.

Try being a hunter if your so worried about getting sat on progression.
    So far I've seen hunters being pretty much meter toppers (or top 1-5) this tier for progression and on this fight especially - are pretty much the best to bring, care to explain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    more locks

More Locks

MORE LOCKS DAMNIT MORE LOCKS!! MORE DOTS!!

Mages excel on most of the other fights. There are two or three that we just arent tip top on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    DPS wise, mages can pull their weight. We take a quite big hit from the screech, but you can fit in a scorch between casts no matter how high the stacks. Couple with IB, bomb and instant pyros and it ain't all that bad. The main problem is that the healing is so heavy, you'd rather bring a class with a raid CD and a little less dps such as a shadow priest. All other DPS classes without proper raid CDs perform higher dps than mages, but that doesn't mean mages do shit dps on the fight.

ETA: I was in for two tries when we had an AFK of a shaman tonight. I finished 8th total and 4th on bat damage as fire.
    I blame your 4set.

But yes, this fight is one with insane raid damage.

Many raid damage.

There's some classes ingame who don't have a raid CD, or raid utility. That's mages and warlocks. Perhaps hunters too. Warlocks go demo for no interupt, plus have insane surv. Hunters no interupt. Mages have a limited pool of which to choose from to survive. 24s IB, 90S GI, and Ice Block. It is just more economical to take in any other class than a mage for this. Not to mention the constant interupts that are here, but it's more the former.

And Valanna and I are warming the bench. Feels nice and snug.

Mages are actually good on Thok. It's not about them getting interrupted, there was another reason why Method didn't take Mages there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coppas View Post
    This is a needed change IMO pallies have been sadly lacking this xpac and now at least they will be able to compete with other healers.
    Kappa

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janir View Post
    You've misunderstood the point of this thread..
    No. Sounds like they fully understand the point of this thread.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    So far I've seen hunters being pretty much meter toppers (or top 1-5) this tier for progression and on this fight especially - are pretty much the best to bring, care to explain?
    All the heroic 25m kill vids I've seen, Hunters are near the bottom of the DPS meters that people have up on the video. Most I've seen in a Thok kill was 2 Hunters, doesn't really scream "Hunters are good for this fight" when people bring 4 Warlocks.

Deleted
    Ofc us locks are better at everything, but that's a different matter :P

But on a more serious tone, if mages are so bad, do you assume paragon would have used one for Thok? Even if we're talking about 1 single fight out of 14 which seems a bit silly. Especially when it's a fight where some of warlock toolkit really shines: instant casts, nice movement and unending resolve for no interrupts on spellcasts.

useless class for heroic thok, any alt with 540+ ilevel can easily be better than a mage any spec.

No one feels sorry for mages. It's about time there was a fight they got sat for some other class, especially in favor of warlocks and hunters. Heroic Spine of Deathwing says "Hi".

Deleted
    Well, some fights favor some class more and less. Mages aren't weak overall, just at that boss duo the interupts. Dont those elite guilds have lots off alts, that they use to optimize like each fight? So mages probably pop up on other fights.

And didn't Method stack mages, locks and rogues at Lei Shen WF? And not to mention Spine where mage and rogues were stacked insane. And saying they are nerfed so hard that they are useless on progress just because of one boss feels a bit ignorant imo. : /

10+ Year Old Account
    QQ moar

Now go count how many ret paladins there have been in world 1st kills

Not even gonna read the OP, range is stupid on Thok, constant interrupts across the board. Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Mages are actually good on Thok. It's not about them getting interrupted, there was another reason why Method didn't take Mages there.
    And here is a member of method. Spill the beans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    If you read his posting history, you will realize that he's a very dedicated troll. I doubt he's really from Method, but on the other hand, I might be overestimating the intelligence and mental health of ultrahardcore raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    If you read his posting history, you will realize that he's a very dedicated troll. I doubt he's really from Method, but on the other hand, I might be overestimating the intelligence and mental health of ultrahardcore raiders.
    What are you talking about? I did read over his post history. Alot of helpful stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    nothing big really. played with a tactic where we had to cut lots of people for certain class spots. changed the tactic and just forgot putting vykina back in who was actually doing more dps than most other classes (incl. rogues for example). then everyone else started benching mages for whatever reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael View Post
    nothing big really. played with a tactic where we had to cut lots of people for certain class spots. changed the tactic and just forgot putting vykina back in who was actually doing more dps than most other classes (incl. rogues for example). then everyone else started benching mages for whatever reason!
    You dont just forget to put someone back into the raid. You just dont. Esp in a top 3 guild.
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?