Deleted

Too much hit, re-gem, no bonus?

Hello.

This is probably a really stupid question but, even though I reforge to take away from hit, I'm well over hit cap at 10ish%. Is it a good idea to go for 320 crit gems in place of gems with hit, to lessen the amount of hit I have, even if it will lose my set bonuses? Even then though, I'm still way above hit cap.

For example, changing a 160 crit + 160 hit for 320 crit, but then losing 120 strength bonus?
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2013-09-21 at 08:35 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    could you post your armory?

edit: nvm, found it

Edit 2: Bro, get double crit in your mainhand (160 more crit > 60 str) and get the gembonus in your chest. that wont affect the hit overall, but make you gain crit. and you lack a few enchants. And finally, to answer your question, in most cases it is not good to skip the gembonus. So you effectivly are not able to lower your hit. See it positive, more white hits for you. just look out for some better itemized items.

Edit 3: Also, i don´t get why you gemmed a 80str/160crit gem into your hands. You seem to already have decided to skip the bonus, so go for full crit there.
    Last edited by Valech; 2013-09-21 at 08:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

You want the strength socket bonus and to reforge away the excess hit. The crit is very useful. You'd probably do better with stamina if you're still over the hit cap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    You want the strength socket bonus and to reforge away the excess hit. The crit is useful, but you'd probably do better with stamina if you're still over cap.
    Well that's what I'm doing, but I still have too much hit.

Edit: I have loads of crit gems and reforged all the hit away, still overcapped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes there is no way to get rid of 'enough'. My DK has literally 0 Expertise gems, enchants, and every smidge of Exp is reforged off, and I'm still at 10%. Sometimes it's just crappy itemization.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    just wait to exchange an item or two. aside from some lacking stuff you cannot do better then you do now.
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.

Deleted
    So just keep the hit and crit gems over the crit only and keep the bonus?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you wanna know it detail, then no, not always. your weapon is a good example. the 60 str are not worth skipping a 320 crit gem. but in most cases of your gear, yes, you wanna take the bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    could you post your armory?

edit: nvm, found it

Edit 2: Bro, get double crit in your mainhand (160 more crit > 60 str) and get the gembonus in your chest. that wont affect the hit overall, but make you gain crit. and you lack a few enchants. And finally, to answer your question, in most cases it is not good to skip the gembonus. So you effectivly are not able to lower your hit. See it positive, more white hits for you. just look out for some better itemized items.

Edit 3: Also, i don´t get why you gemmed a 80str/160crit gem into your hands. You seem to already have decided to skip the bonus, so go for full crit there.
    Was just following guides like the one of this forum, but I didn't think about the bonuses as I'm not sure. Usually I'll just put in whatever gem is recommended for the colour.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Was just following guides like the one of this forum, but I didn't think about the bonuses as I'm not sure. Usually I'll just put in whatever gem is recommended for the colour.
    look, its like this... IF there were 320 STRENGTH gems )there aren´t), you would use those instead of crit. The only reason, that we use crit currently is, that while 1 str > 1 crit, 2 crit > 1 str. So, in case of your sword, you would lose 180 crit (and get 180 hit) and get 60 str from the bonus. but the 180 crit > 60 stärke (not to speak of the hit you dont need). I usually give crit a rating of 2.9 and strength a rating of 4.2 in terms of worth.

Deleted
    I don't understand when to decide if it's worth the bonus. Obviously I'll now skip the bonus if the bonus is a low amount of strength, but what about 180 strength vs 120?

Should I go x3 crit gems on the chest and gloves or get the bonus?

Deleted
    120(or more) strength socket bonus is a nobrainer and should always be matched

if its 60 strength / mastery / crit, only go for the bonus if you can get something of more value out of it. ie: the crit/hit gem in your sword is a dps loss, because you're not able to forge 120 hit into 120 crit or 120 mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 14% hit and no way to go lower than that.

Your gemming doesn't make sense.

1. Swap the pure Crit gem in your chest's blue socket for Crit/Hit
    2. Swap the pure Crit gem in your hand's blue socket for Crit/Hit
    3. Swap the Crit/Hit gem in your weapon to pure Crit
    4. Swap out the Str/Crit gems in your Chest, Pants and Gloves for 3x Expertise/Crit, then reforge the Hit on your Boots to Mastery.

This will give you +160 Hit. +106 Expertise, +374 Mastery, +60 Strength and -160 Crit compared to what you have. While you might be upset at getting more Hit and Expertise keep in mind that 1-2 upgrades from SoO can cause your Hit and Expertise ratings to plummet; Greatsword of Pride's Fall and Fusion Fire Core/Evil Eye of Galakras are two slots off the top of my head. When this happens continue gemming Blue sockets with Crit+Hit and red sockets with Crit+Expertise.

Edit: Keep in my the change in gems will be a very very miniscule dps boost for you; only change them if the cost of gems is nothing for you.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-09-22 at 01:15 AM.