Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    The Salyin Battle Banner doesn't work in raids anymore, so the changes to Brewmaster won't be of any avail (unless you're a night elf, that is).
    Yeah noticed that, hoping blizzard does something about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Yeah noticed that, hoping blizzard does something about it.
    On a few first attempts, I had 28 sanity (or 16 or 4) without using the Salyin banner. I dunno why, even if I suspect a monk mecanism like roll. At the time, I didn't know about the banner tips.

Yea the banner helps but its not needed. Without it its completely luck how much sanity you have after sara stops freaking out and yea sometimes you do go instantly insane. I dont know about with a monk but as a shaman I found it easy enough to do the whole brain phase with 4 sanity which is the lowest sara would get you before you go insane

hi there guys,
    what Ilvl is good for a brewmaster monk to solo timed Zul'aman?

thanks.
    It don't happen till it happens when it happens you gonna wish it never did!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aries View Post
    hi there guys,
    what Ilvl is good for a brewmaster monk to solo timed Zul'aman?

thanks.
    I was doing Zul'Aman a couple of weeks ago and I missed the timer by a minute even if I wasn't after the timed run at, roughly, ilvl 510.

Deleted
    With the nerf to vengeance from multiple mobs I'm no longer able to solo Yogg 25+0 as BrM. I believe he'll be quite easy to do as WW in heroic gear levels though towards the end of this tier, no experience with MW so no calls on that spec, the p1 bug isn't an issue if you can kill the last ad fast enough(seems to need to be at least 3-4s before the next one spawns) - I was able to transition to p2 regularly 12 tries in a row after working this out. Touch of death/Xuen help with the burst if required, although doing as WW, I needed Xuen to transition to p3 in the first brain room.

Deleted
    I have a brewmaster offspec for old content soloing (but not too old, otherwise I use my mistweaver main spec), and I was shocked by how poorly I fare in the Proving Grounds, struggling with silver, though occasionally beating it on a fluke. Gold seem way out of my reach.

My soloing skills are so that during patch 5.3 I managed a Zul'Aman bear run on the second try with full season 13 stuff (ilvl 489), and I could have done it on the first try if I hadn't got lost (I was really discovering the instance). But on the other hand, I can't get Magmaw below 78% before wiping.

So my question is, is it worthwhile to stick to Proving Grounds, or would I be better off in some Cataclysm instance to train my soloing skills?

Is there any boss of intermediate difficulty between Zul'Aman timer and Magmaw, so I can try a smoother solo progression?

Quote Originally Posted by faelis View Post
    I have a brewmaster offspec for old content soloing (but not too old, otherwise I use my mistweaver main spec), and I was shocked by how poorly I fare in the Proving Grounds, struggling with silver, though occasionally beating it on a fluke. Gold seem way out of my reach.

My soloing skills are so that during patch 5.3 I managed a Zul'Aman bear run on the second try with full season 13 stuff (ilvl 489), and I could have done it on the first try if I hadn't got lost (I was really discovering the instance). But on the other hand, I can't get Magmaw below 78% before wiping.

So my question is, is it worthwhile to stick to Proving Grounds, or would I be better off in some Cataclysm instance to train my soloing skills?

Is there any boss of intermediate difficulty between Zul'Aman timer and Magmaw, so I can try a smoother solo progression?
    I don't think Proving Grounds will make you much better for soloing.

Quote Originally Posted by faelis View Post

Tbh the proving grounds isnt brilliant at testing your soloing skills. All your gear gets scaled down is 1 factor but also the fact that half the mobs hit insanely hard and you are relying on the other monk to heal and dps them down for you whilst popping as many cooldowns as you can to survive the later waves.
    Whilst learning how to brewmaster I constantly soloed and ran heroic dungeons and tried as big pulls as I could and did my best to survive. Magmaw isnt probably the best boss to learn how to solo as its not literally tank and spank, theres quite a bit of movement involved to avoid getting blasted into outer space and getting eaten half way through. Its also quite a bit bursty at times and gets fairly annoying for a lesser geared tank. Imo a good place to start soloing would be firelands as it has plenty of different mechanics you will need to learn how to survive for instance saving elusive brew stacks on Baleroc to survive decimation blade. If nothing else the trash is quite decent with different mechanics you will need to learn to survive. Also the difficulty of the fights seems to increase slightly as you get further into it.
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2013-09-21 at 07:30 PM.

Dunno if anyone else has done it before today but :
    Solo'd LK25H as WW, quite easy with the new TeB healing effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuh View Post
    Dunno if anyone else has done it before today but :
    Solo'd LK25H as WW, quite easy with the new TeB healing effect
    Fairly nice. Vid next time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Has anyone had luck on soloing sha of anger?

How are the MW solo's going these days? I've been doing a fair bit of Cata normal modes as BrM/WW but thinking about ditching BrM for MW instead of having to respec all the time (I only uise BrM for solo).

Still waiting on Trispec

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrir View Post
    Tbh the proving grounds isnt brilliant at testing your soloing skills. All your gear gets scaled down is 1 factor but also the fact that half the mobs hit insanely hard and you are relying on the other monk to heal and dps them down for you whilst popping as many cooldowns as you can to survive the later waves.
    I didn't really expect to become decent at soloing through the Proving Grounds, but I thought struggling at silver to be so abysmal that something but be wrong that the fundamental brewmastering level, which might have been trainable there.

IOW I'm still unsure whether I'm already good enough to be beyond the level where PG helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrir View Post
    Whilst learning how to brewmaster I constantly soloed and ran heroic dungeons and tried as big pulls as I could and did my best to survive. Magmaw isnt probably the best boss to learn how to solo as its not literally tank and spank, theres quite a bit of movement involved to avoid getting blasted into outer space and getting eaten half way through. Its also quite a bit bursty at times and gets fairly annoying for a lesser geared tank. Imo a good place to start soloing would be firelands as it has plenty of different mechanics you will need to learn how to survive for instance saving elusive brew stacks on Baleroc to survive decimation blade. If nothing else the trash is quite decent with different mechanics you will need to learn to survive. Also the difficulty of the fights seems to increase slightly as you get further into it.
    Thanks a lot for the advice. It wouldn't have occurred to me to try firelands when I'm hitting a wall on the first boss of the previous tier. I guess I will have to spend days doing Hyjal dailies before getting access to the trash, right?

Deleted
    I did...

-tempest keep
    -onyxia 10 and 25
    -obsidian sanctum 10 and 25
    -black temple (full)

I'd love to solo malygos but the drake fase seems impossible, any help on that would be great!
    Last edited by mmoc9f2c949fa4; 2013-09-22 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    I did...

-tempest keep
    -onyxia 10 and 25
    -black temple (full)

I'd love to solo malygos but the drake fase seems impossible, any help on that would be great!
    It's actually incredibly easy. I forget which numbers which, but just build to 3 CP's then use the finisher.... keep building stacks for insane damage and don't let them drop. Avoid the avoidable damage, and throw yourself the odd heal, once again, not letting the DPS stacks drop.

It's essentially the same strat as when the content was current, just with the self healing. Should be plenty of youtube vids to watch, regardless of class..

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    I did...

-tempest keep
    -onyxia 10 and 25
    -black temple (full)

As the phase starts with the red drake stack 5 hots on yourself and keep them rolling, believe that's the three key. Once maly is targetable move into the rotation of 1,1,2,3. 2 CPs are generated by 1, giving you a long enough debuff from 2 to regen enough energy to restart the process. You hit 3 again to keep the 5 stack constantly rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Fairly nice. Vid next time?
    I will next week yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm soloing icc for the frost wyrm however I'm stuck on two achievements on my mistweaver
    1. once bitten twice shy- how do you become a vampire and the second portal jockey- i don't see any portals >.<

also i tried to solo ulduar however the first event is really exhausting having to solo all that is there anyway to quickly do it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I'm soloing icc for the frost wyrm however I'm stuck on two achievements on my mistweaver
    1. once bitten twice shy- how do you become a vampire and the second portal jockey- i don't see any portals >.<

also i tried to solo ulduar however the first event is really exhausting having to solo all that is there anyway to quickly do it ?
    If you try soloing it you will always become a vampire for once bitten twice shy. Its how not to become 1 which is the problem. For portal jockey you basically have to heal the dragon up before the portals spawn since else 6 portals spawn and you cant enter all of them. I think you need roughly 130k hps single target to heal her up intime

As for ulduar, yea the first event is annoying. If you are trying to do it 25man then you can switch it to 10man and kill the first boss easier and switch back to 25man afterwards. Always talk to bran, else it starts with all towers being up and either you will be doing it hard mode or have to go around killing the towers.
    The next suggestion, I havent tried but would probably be doable. You can probably skip killing the towers, just go straight to the boss zone and kill the big giants there. Make sure you start in a demolisher and keep your stacks of pyrite up and it will probably be easy. Only problem is, there will be a ton of iron dwarfs attacking you which could be a problem in numbers. Not sure about that.
    If you insist on killing every tower on your way then start in a seige engine as they are much better at destroying towers and the big giants, then wen you get to the boss zone, kill the iron dwarfs surrounding the area, kill the last big guys and pull the boss. Then retreat past where the golden line will spawn and reset the boss. Then you can take a demo and its easy mode
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2013-09-22 at 12:37 PM.