Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Has anyone noticed what spells Grounding Totem can mitigate in SoO so far?

I'm trying to keep track, and they'll probably work on the fights with adds I'm thinking. There may be a couple of H Durumu-like instances where a boss ability can be cheese'd by it.
    Wonderlube- Ele shaman (Illidan)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wigwam View Post
    I'm trying to keep track, and they'll probably work on the fights with adds I'm thinking. There may be a couple of H Durumu-like instances where a boss ability can be cheese'd by it.
    The protectors cannot be grounded. I cannot even think of another single target spell boss ability that might even be considered to be "groundable."

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    The caster adds on General Nazgrim can be grounded. I highly suggest doing so!
    Hydrogen the Undying
    Ry, Hellscream's Downfall
    Economics, Champion of Ulduar
    Dissonance - We raid mornings and stuff. Dissonanceguild.com (US 186, US #3 morning guild)
    Twitter: Ry_walk. Economics Major

Quote Originally Posted by Cantofish View Post
    The caster adds on General Nazgrim can be grounded. I highly suggest doing so!

Awesome, these were some of the adds I had in mind. Perhaps tidal wave from the tidal shamans on Galakras as well? We'll see Garrosh tonight so I'll try and find out if anything from that encounter is groundable as well.
    Wonderlube- Ele shaman (Illidan)

Dont think there is anything on Garrosh that can be grounded, Maybe the Wolfriders Chain Lightning but in our raid it usually dies fast enough to not worry, as Cantofish said, adds on Nazgrim are good to ground, only other thing i can think is maybe expel Corruption from the adds on Norushen, but im not sure as i have tested that.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkwa View Post
    only other thing i can think is maybe expel Corruption from the adds on Norushen, but im not sure as i have tested that.
    That won't work. I can confirm it won't work on Sha of Pride's adds either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wigwam View Post
    Perhaps tidal wave from the tidal shamans on Galakras as well?
    That won't work as well, it's a ground targeted spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    I've read somewhere, that you can ground the MC on Garrosh. Glyphing it would safe your group also. Didnt test it myself yet... so take it with a grain of poo

Deleted
    You can reflect the frost bolt on dark shamans, not to shabby as it hits for 650k.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamey View Post
    You can reflect the frost bolt on dark shamans, not to shabby as it hits for 650k.
    ^ This

Is pretty much a 14k dps increase if you take grounding totem glyph and use it on cd.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    O man ty for telling me that.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    The protectors cannot be grounded.
    The Fallen Protectors? Use grounding totem on CD for Shadow word: Bane
    Makes it ALOT easier to 5 heal this encounter, atleast on on 25HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    I cannot even think of another single target spell boss ability that might even be considered to be "groundable."
    Im sceptic to your scepticism.
    Last edited by Slush; 2013-09-20 at 11:27 AM. Reason: grammar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    The Fallen Protectors? Use grounding totem on CD for Shadow word: Bane
    Makes it ALOT easier to 5 heal this encounter, atleast on on 25HC.
    Is this correct? Anyone tested it on HC?

I'm gonna need to test some of these groundable abilities next week. It seems incredibly powerful to allow shamans to ground debuffs like Shadow Word: Bane or reflect the cast of the Frost Bolt on Dark Shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post
    ^ This

Is pretty much a 14k dps increase if you take grounding totem glyph and use it on cd.
    Damn wish we still had talent to reduce cooldown then lol

Currently testing Dark Shamans. On HC not a single Frostbolt got reflected.

Deleted
    The only way it wont get reflected is if you're not in the same group as the tank, otherwise it works.

The only way it wont get reflected is if you're not in the same group as the tank, otherwise it works.
    I was in the right group, glyphed totem, not a single one worked. Maybe because im EU and there was something fixed or maybe on HC it's just not working, same with Arcweaver Ads on Nazgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Drogotaar View Post
    I was in the right group, glyphed totem, not a single one worked. Maybe because im EU and there was something fixed or maybe on HC it's just not working, same with Arcweaver Ads on Nazgrim.
    Do you have world of logs for that attempt, because it doesn't show in skada or recount.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s=9664&e=10070 - Heres where it should be.

Deleted
    This wowhead page says 'cannot be reflected':
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=143434/shadow-word-bane

Quote Originally Posted by -swift View Post
    This wowhead page says 'cannot be reflected':
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=143434/shadow-word-bane
    Oh wow, always thought I would be the dmg source for the bolt. It certainly didn't do an animation like flying into the totem and out again. It clearly shows in my logs with Kardris as source, thanks a ton for giving an example!

And just to make sure: The totem should get eaten in the process of reflecting the Bolt, right?
    Last edited by Drogotaar; 2013-09-22 at 04:15 PM.