What to do against Warrior-Healer?

Hey,

it seems like every 2nd team is warrior healer and we struggle a lot to those teams. Played about 7 hours last 2 days (resto-sp, or MW-affli, also tried double dps but to warrior-healer is was just pathetic).

Most often warrior just trinkets fear, pops berserk. The dmg he does is pretty sick compared to how it felt in 5.3. The game most likely will go 15mins with healers full of mana and dps trying to bring each other the lowest.
    In most cases the warrior just wins with a quick berserk burst to bring me or partner low. On the other hand when we try to dps/burst even with nice CC on the healer its just Shield Wall, Reflective Shield and leap behind a pillar and hang around there...

Ofc its not worth to touch the healer cause with a warr on you you cant do shit. And even without the warrior 1v1 atm its almost impossible to kill a healer.

I like the buff that allows you to end games after 15mins, but it feels like warr/healer teams benefit a lot from such a system.
    Im already gettin slowly to the point where i feel like leaving when i meet this setup..problem is then i ed to leave every 2-3 games

PS: Its funny how some ppl dont read forums and dont know about "The crowd has chosen you" ...HEaler running around for 13mins...really? Didnt read the news or really so dumb

Most games I've played as healer/dps vs warrior/healer have been timeouts (against the good ones at least). Gear just isn't high enough for either to score a kill if each team has braincells. Your best bet is to go on the warrior and try to burst him (mini-burst, not full on cds popped burst) down to about 50% while he's LoSing his healer. Start the CC chain too early on the healer and you won't force anything since he knows he'll live thru DBTS and Second Wind healing.

If at any point the healer is overextending with minimal heals on himself (not hotted, not shielded, ect) try to coordinate a quick swap onto them while CC'ing the warrior (which is stupidly difficult as any class that has to cast, I know).

Your best advice is to ask good warriors how they die to your comp (or even IF they die to your comp) so you can see key things you're not doing that other teams are.

dot class vs 2nd wind + healer is going to be a mountain size hill to climb

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    it seems like every 2nd team is warrior healer and we struggle a lot to those teams. Played about 7 hours last 2 days (resto-sp, or MW-affli, also tried double dps but to warrior-healer is was just pathetic).
    I think your issue is more your comps than the warriors team. Spriest/healer shouldn't even exist; landing a kill against any healer comp is nearly impossible even if that resto is a druid (if its a sham good luck). Mw/afflic isn't much better, your essentially playing a drain/dot class and a healer and expecting to beat other healers, especially with melee who can stick to locks like its nothing. Double dps can beat war/healer depending on your comp but i'll admit its tough.

Deleted
    Im already gettin slowly to the point where i feel like leaving when i meet this setup..
    I play warrior+heal and I feel like that everytime we face unholy+heal. Maybe you should reroll DK. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bonesdelarge View Post
    i play warrior+heal and i feel like that everytime we face unholy+heal. Maybe you should reroll dk.
    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH UNHOLY.

Seriously.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a warrior myself I hate playing healer setup because games last endlessly. I'd rather go with another burst class and either win or lose fast for points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kals View Post
    while CC'ing the warrior (which is stupidly difficult as any class that has to cast, I know).
    Yep, trying to accually get some damage going out with 2xSpellReflect, 2xInterrupts and 2xStuns to interrupt with is very rough for me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    Yep, trying to accually get some damage going out with 2xSpellReflect, 2xInterrupts and 2xStuns to interrupt with is very rough for me at the moment.
    Spell reflect was probably the stupidest change. I swear warriors just use it on CD and still get lucky against mine or my partners instant casts. And most of those are focus casts so it's not like he can see they switch targets to him.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

10+ Year Old Account
    I run an unholy dk/holy paladin comp. I usually don't have much trouble against warrior and heal combos.

I burst the crap out of the warrior immediately, usually able to unleash half a dozen necrotics within 10 seconds. I soak the burst of the warrior by popping my racial heal immediately, and chaining my three stuns. The warrior can only trinket out of one stun, and can not escape from me with heroic leap or charge/intervene because of being able to death grip. So whilst my two cooldowns are simultaneously pooping on his hp, I have my diseases eating and my ghoul eating away at him. The healing he receives makes or breaks this. My paladin cc's the healer when possible during my own opening sequence. If the warrior does survive, then his cooldown usage dictates what I do next.

9/10 warriors I meet pop all their cooldowns immediately. If this happens, then I know they aren't much of a threat for a short while. I can let my diseases snip at his hp and I can switch to his healer and unleash my 4-6 death runes on necrotics.

For any class, the key is surviving the initial burst then either finishing off the warrior, or switching to the healer whilst the warrior is lacking on offence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    For any class, the key is surviving the initial burst then either finishing off the warrior, or switching to the healer whilst the warrior is lacking on offence.
    Switching to the healer is not viable for any class but DK's.

15+ Year Old Account
    First get a strong burst dps, dk, warrior, feral and etc, then get a mistweaver that knows how to dps and heal at the same time. Tunnel the healer the whole game and you should be able to get a kill. I have an 80% win ratio with this strategy.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    Switching to the healer is not viable for any class but DK's.
    Beaten an Unholy 2s team twice, both times we had to kill the healer through hard switches.

edit: It is weird we can beat Unholy/Disc as Ret/Resto Druid but not Arms/Disc?
    Last edited by Ultima; 2013-09-24 at 02:12 PM.

As a feral/h. pala comp we can kill healers when I focus kick, burst and the palla helps by keeping the 0 critical debuff up.