Thread: 5.4 Encounters

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaluna View Post
    Are you sure it is considered as "AoE" ?
    Crawler Mines – The Iron Juggernaut releases several Crawler Mines that scurry in the direction of random players, burying themselves partially into the ground. Once they burrow, they begin a detonation sequence. At the end of the sequence, they will detonate for 292500 to 307500 Physical damage to all players.A particularly brave player may stomp a burrowed Mine into the ground, stifling the explosion but causing a localized detonation at their feet. This explosion inflicts 1218750 to 1281250 Physical damage and knocks the player high into the air.

I think hYrsch, only elusiveness worked here (1200k*0,7 = 860k).
    It's physical, so the glyphed cloaked works. But not Feint.

I might be wrong, but I guess we'd better looking this way.
    Im gunna look into this a little more either come reset or i'll try to work it in sooner. But yea, theoretically it makes sense that it would be AOE as it is "an explosion" as you can see by the "localized detonation at their feet", but it may indeed not be considered AOE. Ill take a look, if someone else gets the chance to test it out and link some logs too, that would be great.

You only receive the 30% damage reduction from Feint because when the mine is right clicked the damage is considered single target. A rogue can soak every other mine safely with glyphed Cloak + Feint. You could try to soak the mine with feint + Priest shield but if you get hit by any other ability consider yourself dead. (Heroic)

i heard you can let the dot from galakras fire ball drop of by smoke bombing, anyone knows how this works exactly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hYrsch View Post
    i heard you can let the dot from galakras fire ball drop of by smoke bombing, anyone knows how this works exactly?
    Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...CgdI0nOI#t=526
    Around 8:45

I've tested it only on normal difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Also, BoS is a good idea on H Malkorok.
    BoS is probably a must have in 10mans on H malkorok
    Last edited by mmoc87e7f38573; 2013-09-22 at 07:19 PM.

From testing this weekend on iron juggernaut (10 man normal), I found that an untalented feint will reduce the "localized" explosion by 50%. I was able to soak a mine from each wave. Smoke bomb + Feint 1, Glyphed CoS + Feint 2, Cheat Death 3.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    From testing this weekend on iron juggernaut (10 man normal), I found that an untalented feint will reduce the "localized" explosion by 50%. I was able to soak a mine from each wave. Smoke bomb + Feint 1, Glyphed CoS + Feint 2, Cheat Death 3.
    Do you have logs? It would be very strange if only Elusiveness is applied when talented (confirmed by logs) but the AoE reduction applies when untalented.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Do you have logs? It would be very strange if only Elusiveness is applied when talented (confirmed by logs) but the AoE reduction applies when untalented.
    I do not, our log runner is gone. I'll download the client myself and see if I can hop into a flex group.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    Curious if anyone is playing with Burst of Speed or if they are staying with Shadowstep. In Norushen I used BoS, seemed to work pretty well. Not sure it was the right call though.
    I was playing around with Burst of Speed last night on Malkorok. Seemed handy to get to some of the pools that may otherwise have been missed. If you're running around soaking it seems like a decent option maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    I was playing around with Burst of Speed last night on Malkorok. Seemed handy to get to some of the pools that may otherwise have been missed. If you're running around soaking it seems like a decent option maybe?
    On H malkorok adds spawn that reduce casting speed and movement speed by 75%. Having BoS counters that for a while so that you can easily get out of the smashes.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

For anyone who might be wondering, Killing Spree is safe to use on Garrosh during his Annihilate in the Realm of Y'Shaarj. It will continuously teleport you behind him, even when he starts a new cast.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to soak Iron Juggernaut 10 hm mines with glyphed CoS and Cheat death (instead of Elusiveness)?

Also, best time to close marks on the floor (don't remember the name) on Sha HM is when he casts big AoE so you can immune both with CoS + leave void zone far enough from raid/melee area.
    I survived 2010 Summer in Moscow without leaving city for a single day!

It goes through CD. Your only real option is to soak one with CoS and Feint, but really your guild should have someone else (tanks) do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Galufio View Post
    Is it possible to soak Iron Juggernaut 10 hm mines with glyphed CoS and Cheat death (instead of Elusiveness)?
    Cheat Death works, but the 90 second cd is a big let down. With AoC the Cloak cd drops to 40 seconds more or less (normal double upgraded) so you can effectively soak more mines.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I ended up tanking last night and didn't get a chance to check the dmg reduction from elusiveness vs untalented feint on the mines. I'll do my best to get some logs tonight. I do know for a fact that with untalented feint (combined with CD's), I was able to soak one mine from each of the three waves we had on our normal kill last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    I ended up tanking last night and didn't get a chance to check the dmg reduction from elusiveness vs untalented feint on the mines. I'll do my best to get some logs tonight. I do know for a fact that with untalented feint (combined with CD's), I was able to soak one mine from each of the three waves we had on our normal kill last weekend.
    Considering that glyph of CoS is enough to soak 25 man heroic mines without triggering cheat death, it was probably the cooldowns + your armor reducing damage intake rather than untalented feint.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by vertol View Post
    cant watch the vid in germany any other vids out there?

- - - Updated - - -

cant watch the vid in germany any other vids out there?
    or anyone can explain how to do it? we will attack the boss tomorrow
    (topic is reseting stacks on galakras via smoke bombing)

or anyone can explain how to do it? we will attack the boss tomorrow
    (topic is reseting stacks on galakras via smoke bombing)
    You pop it as late as possible when a ball is about to pass over your head.

Deleted
    Nerve strike talent works on H nazgrim on his adds, this can be pretty usefull with subterfuge+shorter vanish (with AoC trinket). Mind numbing poison works aswell here

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    You pop it as late as possible when a ball is about to pass over your head.
    Can you be please, a bit more specific.
    Do you pop it at a melee range, do you go on the distance ?
    The ball should explose ON the smokebomb with everyone inside ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaluna View Post
    Can you be please, a bit more specific.
    Do you pop it at a melee range, do you go on the distance ?
    The ball should explose ON the smokebomb with everyone inside ?
    Everyone inside the smokebomb.