Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Personally I think Y'saarj has been dead all expansion, without exerting influence over Garrosh. I think when Blizzard say Y'saarj is dead, they mean his will is gone, dead Old God is probably incredibly powerful/hard to remove stuff and whilst it can cause mutation etc isn't acting in such a way that is sentient. This is why Garrosh isn't corrupt and how he has successfully weaponised the Heart. The Sha whilst being born from Y'saarj are not actually Y'saarj reborn but completely independent entities with their own agendas etc.

I don't see why the Klaxxi would try to stop Garrosh, infact before someone posted the Dungeon Journal entry I thought they had just been recruited into Garrosh's True Horde considering that they have a shared interest in the relentless pursuit of strength and culling the meek (both your own and your enemies). I think the explanation about the Titans burying the Heart is probably spot on, I doubt any of the mortal races knew it was there......it's quite probable that not even the surviving Mogu knew it was there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    So if the klaxxi worship the old god as they state, why didn't they attempt to stop Garrosh from using the heart altogether (better yet, why isn't it buried in the Wastes vs. the Vale?).
    Thought this thread would fit better within this forum.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    If that's what it takes to kill an ancient and otherwise undestroyable evil, I'm sure you might find someone willing to sacrifice themselves to draw the last of its power out. Mind you, once they have that power, they might not be so willing to part with it easily...
    Last boss confirmed to be the Player Characters. In the last expansion your raid needs to drain all the Old God power on Azeroth. The raid will need to fight off the Old Gods corruption while the combined forces of the Horde/Alliance cut you down. The greatest heroes of Azeroth will sacrifice their lives to give Azeroth a better future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Why are the Klaxxi joining the Horde?
    The Klaxxi, if you actually played through the faction to exalted, you got to see a little bit about their background and Y'Shaarj, the Old God that was killed in Pandaria when the Titans came; they worshiped this Old God and probably assumed he was gone, gone, gone. But when Garrosh finds the heart of Y'Shaarj in patch 5.3 and brings it back to Orgrimmar, this is an object of worship for them and the promise that maybe Garrosh is bringing their god back to life. All bets are off. In fact, they even say as much in 5.0. They say that if the Old Gods every return, we're gonna be on different sides. So you have to imagine that they probably came with the heart and would give their lives for it. And certainly that's what you see. [stuff about gameplay]
    So they don't see a connection between, for example, the Sha of Fear and their Old God? Like they don't associate those two?
    The connection is that the Sha of Fear is sort of the aimless breath of the Old God that causes trouble. It's not actually their god. So to them it's separate. If their god would come back, then it's a different story; then it's not about the Sha anymore. So that's certainly how they view it. What's interesting is probably, and we don't really necessarily get the chance to delve into this, but how do they view Garrosh? To them, the Klaxxi, he's probably another tool they're using. Like "Ooh, this funny guy with the tusks on his shoulders is gonna bring our god back to life, so we'll use him and follow him." They're certainly not waving banners and yelling, "For the Horde!" They're there for their god. (Source)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Last boss confirmed to be the Player Characters. In the last expansion your raid needs to drain all the Old God power on Azeroth. The raid will need to fight off the Old Gods corruption while the combined forces of the Horde/Alliance cut you down. The greatest heroes of Azeroth will sacrifice their lives to give Azeroth a better future.
    And the player characters are killed permanently.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thought occurs that this might be why the mantid were swarming towards the Eternal Vale all along - perhaps there were some who knew or suspected that Y'Shaarj's remains were concealed in the Titan facilities built there, at least in the early days of their race. In the beginning the mogu were Titan servitors guarding the remains against servants of the Old God, and over time it simply became the flesh-cursed mogu conquerors defending their holdings against hostile invaders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    The thought occurs that this might be why the mantid were swarming towards the Eternal Vale all along - perhaps there were some who knew or suspected that Y'Shaarj's remains were concealed in the Titan facilities built there, at least in the early days of their race. In the beginning the mogu were Titan servitors guarding the remains against servants of the Old God, and over time it simply became the flesh-cursed mogu conquerors defending their holdings against hostile invaders.
    I agree with this. Always thought myself that the reason behind the swarms was that they attempted to retrieve Y'Shaarj's heart.

They simply came for the false promise that Garrosh would bring their god back to life. Garrosh happened to give no shit about their god. He was simply using a powerful artifact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    They simply came for the false promise that Garrosh would bring their god back to life. Garrosh happened to give no shit about their god. He was simply using a powerful artifact.
    Y'Shaarj's revival might really have been the end result of Garrosh' abuse of the heart's power. The whispers of Y'Shaarj indicate that he might be somehow feeding on the negative energy generated by the fighting. It could've been the prelude to a full rebirth of the Old God.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    I agree with this. Always thought myself that the reason behind the swarms was that they attempted to retrieve Y'Shaarj's heart.
    While it's a cool theory, the short story about Kil'Ruk reveals that the Klaxxi aren't even interested in breaking past the wall at all.
    They use the Wall and its defences as a kind of accelerated evolution, culling the weak so that they become progressively stronger as a race, in preparation for their God's return.

He makes the point that they could just fly over the wall at any time but they don't because that's not the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    While it's a cool theory, the short story about Kil'Ruk reveals that the Klaxxi aren't even interested in breaking past the wall at all.
    They use the Wall and its defences as a kind of accelerated evolution, culling the weak so that they become progressively stronger as a race, in preparation for their God's return.

He makes the point that they could just fly over the wall at any time but they don't because that's not the point.
    Could still mean that the heart is their end goal. Maybe they know that they won't be able to conquer the Vale without becoming stronger as a race, so they keep culling their weak to eventually become powerful enough to finally break the Pandaren decisively, allowing them to do whatever is necessary with the heart to resurrect Y'shaarj in relative peace.

One of the three main lore developers, I forget his name, said the Klaxxi view Garrosh as a 'tool' and a 'fool'. They are simply using him.

It's more than likely correct, too. Garrosh wouldn't have been able to handle the powers of a fallen Old God if he kept using it.