10+ Year Old Account

Needing on Stuff with no Spirit

So like the titles says, I'm playing with my priest and I run Heroic Jade Temple as Healer, last boss drops staff and I hit need on it since it was better then the one i had, I win the roll and the other caster calls me out for needing on it. He says "the staff is for DPS because it doesnt have Spirit". But the staff doesnt have Hit on it. That would make it viable for a healing spec while i get another one wouldn't it? or did i totally screw up < A> ?
    Their filthyness STAAAINNS me~~

You don't need spirit on every item, half of my best in slot list has no spirit on it. You're fine.

It's kinda awkward sometimes, especially in PUGs. If no one was a jerk I'll usually pass and hope for a drop later. In organized groups it's usually already predetermined who gets what or just a free roll. Even if it had hit it's still a grey area, but honestly you did nothing wrong.
    Stay salty my friends.

As long as there's no hit on it then healers can use it too. Spirit isn't really that important for a lot of healing specs, MW Monks and Disc Priests hardly need any, especially once they get the Legendary Meta, so don't worry about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiGadi View Post
    So like the titles says, I'm playing with my priest and I run Heroic Jade Temple as Healer, last boss drops staff and I hit need on it since it was better then the one i had, I win the roll and the other caster calls me out for needing on it. He says "the staff is for DPS because it doesnt have Spirit". But the staff doesnt have Hit on it. That would make it viable for a healing spec while i get another one wouldn't it? or did i totally screw up < A> ?
    Seems fine to me; blizzard have said numerous times that healers don't need spirit on every item.

Personally (and like you have hinted), I would draw the line at rolling on anything with +hit; to me, that is the stat that denotes and item as being purely for DPS use.

Also keep in mind that a lot of DPS'ers will roll on stuff with Spirit (as some classes get hit from it).

Quote Originally Posted by Skonk View Post
    Seems fine to me; blizzard have said numerous times that healers don't need spirit on every item.

Personally (and like you have hinted), I would draw the line at rolling on anything with +hit; to me, that is the stat that denotes and item as being purely for DPS use.

Also keep in mind that a lot of DPS'ers will roll on stuff with Spirit (as some classes get hit from it).
    Eh. Our BiS boots this raid tier has a +60 hit socket. Would you also skip out on those =P? (

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet if the item had spirit on it that dps would have no problem rolling on it.

As long as it has no hit as a secondary then there is no problem.

i do believe ghost crawler posted something along the lines of ' if you have the ability to roll of something and you win, its fair game.

i think someone on here has it on their signature

10+ Year Old Account
    You only need as much spirit as you need, if that makes any sense. Basically, if you're ending fights with lots of mana, you could easily sacrifice spirit with more of something else and you'll be a much more effective healer.

And besides, if you open up your LFR journal, go to loot lists, pick the disc spec (no idea for holy TBH), it rolls on gear without spirit anyway.

9-11k spirit is where you want to try to aim for.

as long as that item doesnt have hit on them you can roll for it
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

yep as the guys said above .. there is no issue at all in needing stuff without spirit .. i'm a disc and most of my gear doesn't have spirit

Deleted
    Should have asked if all his stuff has hit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Eh. Our BiS boots this raid tier has a +60 hit socket. Would you also skip out on those =P? (
    Damnit Blizzard. DAMNIT BLIZZARD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiresoul View Post
    yep as the guys said above .. there is no issue at all in needing stuff without spirit .. i'm a disc and most of my gear doesn't have spirit
    Every single one of the randomly itemized drops Ive gotten (disc as well with loot spec set as holy) from H Scenarios or Isle haven't had spirit. Thank god for legendary meta

Hit/Exp = Caster DPS
    Spirit = Hybrid Casters (Elemental Shaman/Balance Druid/Shadow Priest) and Healers
    Neither = All Casters

You're fine, and as other people mentioned, healers don't need spirit on everything.
    Recruiting for 5.4 Heroic Progression

Isn't there a ring with Spirit on it that's supposed to be BiS for Mage/Warlock this tier? Our Mage was talking about it during trash, but I wasn't paying full attention to him. I seem to recall a similar situation in T14, as well.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Pearsyn View Post
    Hit/Exp = Caster DPS
    Wait. Caster gear with expertise exists? This is news to me ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    They do exist, but they're very rare and come from the randomly generated pieces such as http://www.wowhead.com/item=94804

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    some "random enchantment" gear can have expertise, even clothie gear.

as a side note secondary stats pull above intellect at approx 550ilvl (please correct me if im wrong) so for red sockets an SP would consider gemming "wicked" instead of "reckless" gems if the socket bonus warranted it.

Damn my slow typing, beaten to it