Purchasing Spirits of War - Worth it?

I have my professions doing their dailies for the crafting material...but so are many other people. I am on EU Ragnaros which is a very populated server. 21 days from patch day, the AH will probably be flooded by 553 crafted items and 30 days from patch there will be many Sky Golems.

Will it be worth it to purchase even 1 Spirit of War? So that I can get a Sky Golem on the AH one day earlier?

Probably not. Raiding guilds will have a much bigger head start with disenchanting the spirits. You get 2 Spirits of War per DE and if even half are like mine, they've DE'd quite a few and are in good supply. Quite honestly, if you don't have a guild that's able to give you the advantage, it's probably worth it to wait out the time and undercut the massively overpriced initial auction posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
    Will it be worth it to purchase even 1 Spirit of War? So that I can get a Sky Golem on the AH one day earlier?
    Spirits of War don't help with Sky Golem crafting. They only allow you to bypass the daily cd for LW/BS/Tailoring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not worth it, you're probably not the only one trying to be smart about this, so most likely if you buy just 1 and put it on the market you're still not alone. That will mean you are paying a decent amount to still compete with people and get undercut. It will depend on the cost of the spirit, if you can get 1 or 2 cheap it might be worth it, but personally I'm not counting on big profits on these items, so it's probably not worth it. Going for 8-10k per Spirit I'm guessing on most realms. That's not the kind of gold you can safely invest in a mass produced crafted item.

20-30k per spirit on my server, doubt u can make a profit from that =)

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    That is just stupid....

They might actually be able to sell them for 3-5k, but only a complete idiot would pay 20k+

You will never get that much for them right now... Maybe, just maybe you could get a premium after the patch has been out 19-20 or again 26-27 days and someone really wants a belt or pants right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potpi View Post
    Spirits of War don't help with Sky Golem crafting. They only allow you to bypass the daily cd for LW/BS/Tailoring.
    People seem to not understand this for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    That is just stupid....

They might actually be able to sell them for 3-5k, but only a complete idiot would pay 20k+

You will never get that much for them right now... Maybe, just maybe you could get a premium after the patch has been out 19-20 or again 26-27 days and someone really wants a belt or pants right now.
    Well haunting spirits sold for around that the first weeks but dropped to 10k~ each pretty fast.

Wow is there like 4 people on that server??? we have our spirits at 1k at this point

And no as people have stated i wouldnt bother. On the server i play with there are already a fair chunk of crafted gears
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Well haunting spirits sold for around that the first weeks but dropped to 10k~ each pretty fast.
    Haunting Spirits were required to craft the stuff..

Spirits of War just let you craft it one day earlier.

Huge difference

Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    Wow is there like 4 people on that server??? we have our spirits at 1k at this point

And no as people have stated i wouldnt bother. On the server i play with there are already a fair chunk of crafted gears
    Its "medium", but yea not that many players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    Haunting Spirits were required to craft the stuff..

Spirits of War just let you craft it one day earlier.

Huge difference
    Idd, but I would still call them usefull since crafted is BiS for normal and ppl probably wanted them asap.

Idd, but I would still call them usefull since crafted is BiS for normal and ppl probably wanted them asap.
    Crafted pants are garbage; you'll use LFR Tier legs if it means getting T16 2/4 set. The belts aren't too bad.

Yeah, spirits are down to 2 - 3k on my server, and I'm assuming they can also be DE'd from flex gear? Cos theres quite a lot on the AH

Quote Originally Posted by Zyranthian View Post
    Yeah, spirits are down to 2 - 3k on my server, and I'm assuming they can also be DE'd from flex gear? Cos theres quite a lot on the AH
    Spirit of war are at 1k on my server...is not even worth DE an item now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    Spirit of war are at 1k on my server...is not even worth DE an item now.
    I really envy all of you.

Totally not worth it. Just wait and make your gear.