Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry 4T16 proc for BM, Designed on Purpose?

Some friends have already mentioned that 4T16 proc for BM is flawed in PTR and it remains the same in the live.
    The proc says that the pet would get the buff stacked when it claw/bite during the BW. However, with 3s CD, the pet is never get full 5 stacks in 10s. Does it desiged on purpose or it's just a bug should be fixed?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Now from what I understand, the 4p bonus is kinda weak for BM. However, the tooltip suggests the buff stacks up from any special attacks made by the hunter. Not specials from the pet. I don't have 4p myself yet, so can't say how it actually works in practice for BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Now from what I understand, the 4p bonus is kinda weak for BM. However, the tooltip suggests the buff stacks up from any special attacks made by the hunter. Not specials from the pet. I don't have 4p myself yet, so can't say how it actually works in practice for BM.
    The hunter's buff and the pet's buff is not related. Pet's buff stacks up when pet does the special attack, which means it'll never get full stacks.

Deleted
    I think you should check it out again. They do infact correlate.

(4) Set: Explosive Shot casts have a 40% chance to not consume a charge of Lock and Load. Instant Aimed shots reduce the cast time of your next Aimed Shot by 50%. Offensive abilities used during Bestial Wrath increase all damage you deal by 4% and all damage dealt by your pet by 2%, stacking up to 5 times.

There is nothing to suggest that is stacks on bite/smack/claw
    Last edited by mmoc31d1af4420; 2013-09-23 at 05:29 AM. Reason: I accidently added a )

Quote Originally Posted by Gagga View Post
    (4) Set: Explosive Shot casts have a 40% chance to not consume a charge of Lock and Load. Instant Aimed shots reduce the cast time of your next Aimed Shot by 50%. Offensive abilities used during Bestial Wrath increase all damage you deal by 4% and all damage dealt by your pet by 2%, stacking up to 5 times.

There is nothing to suggest that is stacks on bite/smack/claw
    By offensive abilities, they mean abilities which are not autoattacks. The hunter buff stacks when the hunter uses their abilites and the pet buff stacks when the pet uses their abilities. The pet doesn't really have any other abilities which stack it besides bite/smack/claw unless they've changed it since the last few weeks of PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeherah View Post
    By offensive abilities, they mean abilities which are not autoattacks. The hunter buff stacks when the hunter uses their abilites and the pet buff stacks when the pet uses their abilities. The pet doesn't really have any other abilities which stack it besides bite/smack/claw unless they've changed it since the last few weeks of PTR.
    They haven't change it, the problem is still out there in the Live. What's worse, technically, we would expect to get 4 stacks for pet at most even under that mechanism meanwhile we could only get 3, never get 4.
    I assume that KC should be accounted for pet; the pet's buff should stack up when KC casted. But somehow, it didn't work that way.
    Last edited by gameshunter; 2013-09-23 at 11:21 AM.

Deleted
    Honestly, I haven't tested it on the PTR that much. But I just can't bring my head to read it like the pets is a seperate stack.

It is in the same line, the same sentence even, if it was two different things they would have been set apart don't you think?

So, as I understand it you will pop up BW, fire of that KC, then 4 arcane shots later that thing is fully stacked, meaning that for the last 5 seconds of BW instead of dealing 10% increased damage, you deal 30% increased damage and your pet instead of dealing 20% deals 30% as well.

Honestly it makes sense in that way for me. And however lowly you think of blizzard, the odds of them designing it so that it will never reach full stacks is near to non existant.

Honestly, I haven't tested it on the PTR that much. But I just can't bring my head to read it like the pets is a seperate stack.

It is in the same line, the same sentence even, if it was two different things they would have been set apart don't you think?

So, as I understand it you will pop up BW, fire of that KC, then 4 arcane shots later that thing is fully stacked, meaning that for the last 5 seconds of BW instead of dealing 10% increased damage, you deal 30% increased damage and your pet instead of dealing 20% deals 30% as well.

Honestly it makes sense in that way for me. And however lowly you think of blizzard, the odds of them designing it so that it will never reach full stacks is near to non existant.
    Well let me know when you get the bonus and you've actually tested it and it doesn't work the way I described. I agree it doesn't sound like it should work that way, but it does. I specifically raised the issue of the way it was designed with a dev and they didn't change it during PTR. Presumably the dps gain from the bonus is balanced around the current mechanic.

Deleted
    I will do, but my best guess is that if it actually works like you guys are claiming, then it is a bug.

Does anyone know if this *buff* has a duration.. or is it only for the duration of TBW.. and is, in essense, a self contained 10 second Rentakis trinket built into our ability?... All I gotta say tho is, once I get 4PT16.. going SV.. this bonus looks like crap to manage.

I will do, but my best guess is that if it actually works like you guys are claiming, then it is a bug.
    What part of it do you think is a bug? The fact that there are separate buffs for the hunter and the pet is clearly not a bug- that's not an implementation that would come about accidentally. You could argue that the stacks should be able to get higher, but then the question is what else should stack it? Kill command is the only ability that isn't currently stacking for the pet that probably should, although it's really debatable about whether it makes more sense for the hunter or the pet to get the stack from it.

In answer to Jay's question, the buff disappears as soon as TBW wears off.

the 4pc bonus for BM is very underwhelming... it's actually super lame and i'll likely drop it for some better pieces with better sockets and stat choices. It's so situational with ur CDs and what kinda stuff ur doing. It really only buffs KC a little bit, and again, its only noticeable if it crits. It is a very boring bonus

source: i have 4pc

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    the 4pc bonus for BM is very underwhelming... it's actually super lame and i'll likely drop it for some better pieces with better sockets and stat choices. It's so situational with ur CDs and what kinda stuff ur doing. It really only buffs KC a little bit, and again, its only noticeable if it crits. It is a very boring bonus

source: i have 4pc
    From what I understand, survival pulls ahead of BM when you get 4-set? That's what a lot of players on the forum seems to think anyway, haven't run any sims or anything myself yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeherah View Post
    What part of it do you think is a bug? The fact that there are separate buffs for the hunter and the pet is clearly not a bug- that's not an implementation that would come about accidentally. You could argue that the stacks should be able to get higher, but then the question is what else should stack it? Kill command is the only ability that isn't currently stacking for the pet that probably should, although it's really debatable about whether it makes more sense for the hunter or the pet to get the stack from it.

In answer to Jay's question, the buff disappears as soon as TBW wears off.
    Yea, okay, maybe calling it out as a bug without having tested it for myself was a bit to quick on my part.

But in my head I just can't get it to make sense that, if it actually does stack seperatly for the pet and the pet is "in charge" of stacking it by itself, that it can't reach max stacks. That just seems like such a huge oversight (again, thinking that it is not actually meant to be this way) on Blizzards part.
    Granted, I have not been around for very long, so I am not sure if this is common or not.

In anycase it seems that the tooltip could use some clarification since we are having a rather lengthy argument about how this 4 set works.

The buff is stacking very fast so you'll have 5 stacks at 5 seconds left of Bestial Wrath. It's called Brutal Kinship. It stacks from Hunter special abilities only.
    Last edited by Ruffles; 2013-09-24 at 07:54 PM.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    The buff is stacking very fast so you'll have 5 stacks at 5 seconds left of Bestial Wrath. It's called Brutal Kinship. It stacks from Hunter special abilities only.
    What you're saying is the opposite of what others are saying earlier in the thread. Have you been watching buffs on the pet?

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    What you're saying is the opposite of what others are saying earlier in the thread. Have you been watching buffs on the pet?
    Ah yeah you are right, I just noticed that. Pet's buff barely hit 3 stacks.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always been able to get 5 stacks for myself, but my pet struggles to get 3 in one BW phase, it kind of stinks.. and the 4 set in general is clunky and should be slightly changed.

Given that pet damage stacks separately, has a separate rate of increase (2% as opposed to the 4% for the player), it would seem intentional that it stacks off of pet attacks.

Which makes it incredibly underwhelming as a 4p, damage and feel wise.

I honestly don't have an issue with the 4set as BM. People can say it is "poorly designed" but it has no impact on what I think of it as I just treat it as a mathematical damage increase, which is what it is.

I wouldn't say it's weak but I wouldn't say it's strong either (in comparison to some other tier bonuses we've had in the past). Simply compare the opening AoE burst on Galakras between myself and the other Hunter in my guild, I have the 4set and he doesn't, he even has a 567 weapon and H AoC while I have a 549 weapon and H Renataki.
    Mine: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-sv...=12620&e=13026
    Other Hunter: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-sv...=12620&e=13026