Thread: Proving Grounds

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Recent changes helped A LOT with the issues I was posting about previously. NPCs getting global'd (not including post wave30) just doesn't happen now, there's at least a small amount of time you 'can' do something, even if void shift is the only answer, at least there's something you can do

Once I've finished with this work gig over the weekend I plan to put some time in to finish what I started ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Chomp, Chomp, Chomp!

For anyone trying PGs as a Disc priest give your self a pat on the back!
    I have been doing my homework and it seems we have a bigger challenge than other healers, guess that is part of my sick motivation to have the title...well soon I hope.

For those of you that have 30/30 endless can you please share the stats/spec you found that worked?

Any tricks for enchanter/tailor? Looks like I should have been eng/alch instead :/

My trouble seems to be bad luck, aka poor timing on SS for Chomp. Wish me luck next week...

Quote Originally Posted by Madam View Post
    Chomp, Chomp, Chomp!

For anyone trying PGs as a Disc priest give your self a pat on the back!
    I have been doing my homework and it seems we have a bigger challenge than other healers, guess that is part of my sick motivation to have the title...well soon I hope.

For those of you that have 30/30 endless can you please share the stats/spec you found that worked?

Any tricks for enchanter/tailor? Looks like I should have been eng/alch instead :/

My trouble seems to be bad luck, aka poor timing on SS for Chomp. Wish me luck next week...
    I just went full intel gems, 7k spirit, did mostly atonement. I tried full spirit gems (14k spirit) and it sucked. My spellpower was so low I ended up using more mana to top people up. Wave 9/19/29 are the big hurdles, use everything you can on them.

help i keep losing on waves 25-29........... any guides for these waves plz

Anyone else having melee mage issues? I'm disc at wave 25, and for the 4th wave of every round (4, 14, 24) the mage always stay by melee, rogue + mage both get aoe debuff it would rock the group with heavy damage. I tried to lifegrip her back she just runs back in....every other attempt she does this the shit's so annoying...

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

any1 got tips for rounds 20-30? fucking brutal as fuck as disc and i really need a guide i keep losing on rounds 26-28..... and 29 is supposed to be the hardest fuck help

Disc Priest with Wave 54 experience here.

I recommend using atonement as much as you can afford to. Learn which adds your group's dps will target on each specific wave, and assist them when you can. Also use mindbender at the start of every wave on the same add. Once you kill the first add in each wave, it become significantly easier. I try to Spirit Shell prior to the more difficult aoe healing waves if I have time. This will also allow you to get a few atonement casts off to start each wave.

I reforged for Spirit/Mastery, instead of Crit, which I found helped a lot as well. If you can not use the Penance glyph I would recommend not using it. I used it because I always forget to not move while casting it which interrupts my cast =/

I would also recommend using Twist of Fate, and keeping it up as much as possible through atonement on low adds. Mindbender is a must for the increased dps alone.

I'll try to post a video of my wave 54 attempt soon. Hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

It won't let me post videos yet because I dont have enough posts on this site, but for those who might be interested, you can search for "Proving Grounds - Disc Priest - Wave 54" on youtube and it should come up.

I made plenty of mistakes in this video, so it is by no means perfect, but hopefully it will help some people.
    Last edited by Trademark; 2013-09-24 at 08:06 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelaeno View Post
    Anyone else having melee mage issues? I'm disc at wave 25, and for the 4th wave of every round (4, 14, 24) the mage always stay by melee, rogue + mage both get aoe debuff it would rock the group with heavy damage. I tried to lifegrip her back she just runs back in....every other attempt she does this the shit's so annoying...
    Mass Dispel. Sure it isn't super efficient in terms of mana but healing the damage on three dudes isn't free either and sometimes it's just better to use the mana on mass dispel. Especially on later waves since the damage gets higher but the mass dispel cost does not.

Mana was never really the concern for me either way.

Hi there, I've been trying Proving grounds Endless wave like 1 week now. And the problem is, i can't even pass wave 4 and im mad like hell. I mean cmon. Am i that bad ? In Raids i'm doing 100-120k hps And standing in 2nd. Place on Guilds Raid group. I mean 1. healer is passing me with %2 or %4 healing done.

Here is my characters information.

Spec
    -------
    Holy

Talents
    -------
    1) Void Tendrills
    2) Body and Soul
    3) Solace and Insanity
    4) Desperate Prayer
    5) Twist of Fate
    6) Divine Star

Reforges are all turned to Spirit
    Gems are all 320+ Spirit ( 18 Sockets avalible )

Stats
    -------
    General
    -------------
    Gear = 543 ilvl

Attributes
    -------------
    Intellect = 10,093
    Spirit = 12,177

Spell Stats
    -------------
    Spell Power = 16,757
    Haste = 11.91%
    Mana Regen = 19,745 ( Not in combat )
    Combat Regen = 12,872
    Crit Chance = 12.98%
    Mastery = 27.05%

Ok in first wave i mostly use heal to oto and finish up the wave with max mana. Using arcane torrent to stop pyroblast after all cc's done with npc's ( Using Single target heal chakra )

in second wave i turn to AoE Chakra. Trying to heal oto with heal spell if that cant help im using flash + flash + greater combo to get him up. Trying to Dispell as much as i can. After Sonic Blast shows up i heal oto with flash twice and use Prayer of healing combining with cirlce to heal the party up fast but in the process oto is taking massive damage so i use prayer of mending and shield with flash heal to recover him a bit fast and keeping people up with flash heal 'cus people are starting to take massive damage. if this process repeats i use Divine hymn cd ( 'cus if i manage to pass wave 4 in wave 5 it's cd going to be reset ) i end up with %30 mana

in third wave i still stick with AoE Chakra. i immediatly use shadowfiend and Arcane torrent to recover mana. Rabbits show up on this wave i use PW:S to oto and Mending to those who got Chomp debuff to recover the damage fast. If it can't counter Chop i use flash heal to clear debuff fast. And starting to use Divine Star in this wave. I use same process with 2nd chomp debuff with prayer of healing. I end up with %10 - %15 mana.

in Fourth wave i still stick with AoE Chakra. In this wave as u may know 2 dispells we need to purify. When this happens i try to purify oto ASAP. if other debuff hits me i PW:S myself and use healthstone afterwards. If it hits other meele character i use Mass Dispel to dispell It. If it hits to range character i Shield him and putting renew on him after it explodes i heal with flash heal to recover him ASAP. I mostly use flash heal flash heal + Prayer of healing combination on this wave. And this is the Wave which i fail.

Can someone help me with this what am i doing wrong ?

My friend was stuck around wave 20. So I decided to help him out. I made a video. And within 2 hours he cleared to wave 30 without much of a hassle. So I decided to share it here. Though I'm allowed to link, so you have to youtube: proving ground disc priest mazeari. Should you be interested.
    Most of the info is in the discription.
    Basic is though:
    Glyphs> smite purify PoM
    Root on wave 8. This saves a real fuckton of trouble!!
    Should start wave 4 with full mana. Regardless of the level.
    Assist on dps at wave 5. Otherwise you get to much overlap that may cauze troubles.
    Wave 9 is the only wave that requires Spirit shell before the mobs spawn.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by berkerunlu View Post
    Hi there, I've been trying Proving grounds Endless wave like 1 week now. And the problem is, i can't even pass wave 4 and im mad like hell. I mean cmon. Am i that bad ? In Raids i'm doing 100-120k hps And standing in 2nd. Place on Guilds Raid group. I mean 1. healer is passing me with %2 or %4 healing done.

Here is my characters information.

Spec
    -------
    Holy

Talents
    -------
    1) Void Tendrills
    2) Body and Soul
    3) Solace and Insanity
    4) Desperate Prayer
    5) Twist of Fate
    6) Divine Star

Reforges are all turned to Spirit
    Gems are all 320+ Spirit ( 18 Sockets avalible )

Stats
    -------
    General
    -------------
    Gear = 543 ilvl

Attributes
    -------------
    Intellect = 10,093
    Spirit = 12,177

Spell Stats
    -------------
    Spell Power = 16,757
    Haste = 11.91%
    Mana Regen = 19,745 ( Not in combat )
    Combat Regen = 12,872
    Crit Chance = 12.98%
    Mastery = 27.05%

Ok in first wave i mostly use heal to oto and finish up the wave with max mana. Using arcane torrent to stop pyroblast after all cc's done with npc's ( Using Single target heal chakra )

in second wave i turn to AoE Chakra. Trying to heal oto with heal spell if that cant help im using flash + flash + greater combo to get him up. Trying to Dispell as much as i can. After Sonic Blast shows up i heal oto with flash twice and use Prayer of healing combining with cirlce to heal the party up fast but in the process oto is taking massive damage so i use prayer of mending and shield with flash heal to recover him a bit fast and keeping people up with flash heal 'cus people are starting to take massive damage. if this process repeats i use Divine hymn cd ( 'cus if i manage to pass wave 4 in wave 5 it's cd going to be reset ) i end up with %30 mana

in third wave i still stick with AoE Chakra. i immediatly use shadowfiend and Arcane torrent to recover mana. Rabbits show up on this wave i use PW:S to oto and Mending to those who got Chomp debuff to recover the damage fast. If it can't counter Chop i use flash heal to clear debuff fast. And starting to use Divine Star in this wave. I use same process with 2nd chomp debuff with prayer of healing. I end up with %10 - %15 mana.

in Fourth wave i still stick with AoE Chakra. In this wave as u may know 2 dispells we need to purify. When this happens i try to purify oto ASAP. if other debuff hits me i PW:S myself and use healthstone afterwards. If it hits other meele character i use Mass Dispel to dispell It. If it hits to range character i Shield him and putting renew on him after it explodes i heal with flash heal to recover him ASAP. I mostly use flash heal flash heal + Prayer of healing combination on this wave. And this is the Wave which i fail.

Can someone help me with this what am i doing wrong ?
    Doing it as holy would be my suggestion of where you're going wrong.