Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

so massive demo nerf, slight aff nerf, destro buff

So now what? Affliction main/Destro offspec?

/edit: meant Slight aff nerf in title

Yes, Destro aoe is improved aswell with the immolate buff and Demo looks like pretty much MEH. Affliction probably stand still as king for ST.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Yes, Destro aoe is improved aswell with the immolate buff and Demo looks like pretty much MEH. Affliction probably stand still as king for ST.
    Blizzard trolled me good. Got the leishen trinket today after waiting all of T15 for it. Time to pick up destro again

Affliction - Haunt now increases all periodic damage against the target by 35% (down from 40%).
    Demonology - Wild Imps' Fel Firebolt now deals 30% less damage.
    Destruction - Immolate's damage has been increased by 30%.
    Kinda confused - strange to hit demo harder than affi, considering the order of specs atm - especially when you consider multitarget.

In % terms:
    Affi: ~4% nerf to affi single target (pet/haunt damage is unaffected), Less of a nerf for affi multitarget, than single.
    Destro: 3% buff to destro single target, not sure on destro aoe immo damage, I don't play the spec.
    Demo: I am estimating this at ~12% single target, more in sustained multitarget fights. ymmv - details in edit.

Edit:
    Did a quick simc hack, with my current gear (~6k crit rating), and not using uvls is ~10% loss for my character (285k vs 260k single target). Of that, 6% is from imps (down from 20%), meaning that the imp nerf would make the imps do ~4%, and make a total nerf of around ~12% dps loss for demo.

Keep in mind this is assuming we were still gearing 9.7k haste > mastery > haste > crit. Since we probably won't gear that way without uvls the results will vary, but I think 10-15% is a safe ballpark.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-09-24 at 03:41 AM.

Wow, just when finished my adjustments to continue as Demo in SoO! They're really trying to make Demo bad this patch... Sadly, I think can't handle the nerf this time. Probably going as Destro/Aff, against my will!

My problem is now how to optimize your gear to swap between destro and afflction. As currently, the normal 216 int/3% crit gem is superior to the meta for destro, also destro reforge priority is now mastery >= crit >> haste, whereas affliction is still mastery and haste over crit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    Good news for you, uvls is still incredible for affliction on the right fights, even if they manage to kill demo - fully buffed and extended crit dots don't really go out of style :P
    With 40% reduced chance, i don't think soul swap can save us. Soul swap no longer resets the duration remember? I just tested my newly gotten UVLS, the proc rate is horrendous

Missed that - wasn't with the lock changes I swear - removed

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    And I am now taking a break. GC had no fucking idea about warlocks and you can see with all of these buffs/nerfs. Its sad that they had months to figure this shit out and instead waited until the patch and weeks after. I mean they could have just said "We at blizz have decided that Affliction is what you wil play in 5.4, could have saved eveyone some time.
    I honestly wouldnt have minded this nerf if the reforge/gemming priority for destro was same as affliction. Now I would have to change all my gems and even swap out my meta gem for a 216int/3% crit gem if I wanted to switch to destro for a particular fight.

Fucking ghostcrawler need to get fired.

Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    I honestly wouldnt have minded this nerf if the reforge/gemming priority for destro was same as affliction. Now I would have to change all my gems and even swap out my meta gem for a 216int/3% crit gem if I wanted to switch to destro for a particular fight.

Honestly, I was mad...then I read:

Unerring Vision of Lei Shen now has a 40% reduced chance to activate its effect for Warlocks.

Started looking for a chair to throw.

Me too! And besides that, I changed my gems/reforges like what? 3 or 4 times only in the last week to make a good dps, after trying Affliction last week just to figure out that I just don't like that for PvE. Then, went back to Demo, and pushed all my limits to make my way. Now all that effort was in vain, since now I'll be forced to respec. Sad story...

wow that pointless demo nerf. Hopefully some buff to fury generation to compensate at some point, demo is back to being super tedious and slow to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    Me too! And besides that, I changed my gems/reforges like what? 3 or 4 times only in the last week to make a good dps, after trying Affliction last week just to figure out that I just don't like that for PvE. Then, went back to Demo, and pushed all my limits to make my way. Now all that effort was in vain, since now I'll be forced to respec. Sad story...
    If you cannot play affliction to its potential though (because you don't like it), being demo is still going to be better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    This is the crap that kills me. They had a PTR cycle for months. The release this crap, people go out and re-gem, re-enchant, and then they flip a switch to make thousands of players do it all over again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    If you cannot play affliction to its potential though (because you don't like it), being demo is still going to be better for you.
    I wonder if that is the case with the double nerf to Demo.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My problem is now how to optimize your gear to swap between destro and afflction. As currently, the normal 216 int/3% crit gem is superior to the meta for destro, also destro reforge priority is now mastery >= crit >> haste, whereas affliction is still mastery and haste over crit.

- - - Updated - - -

It's actually a pretty simple (yet expensive) swap between Affliction and Destro. Affliction is haste to X% (depending on ilvl) > mastery> haste>crit, destro AOE is mastery>crit>haste. So gem and gear mastery and reforge/trinket swap between crit and haste. Not perfect, but it is what i've been doing since SoO.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

I lol'd at this.

I personally thank the man, I can't stand demo so the more buffs to destro the happier I'll be.

Swapping specs mid-raid will suck ass without a bag full of offspec gear as the priorities are opposites for aff & destro.. Although 2sec CB's are fun incinerate will end up under GCD cast time with backlash..

OT jeeves or something else needs to be made into a portable reforge for those times you cant mount up and cbf zoning out..

Quote Originally Posted by Senudo View Post
    I lol'd at this.

I personally thank the man, I can't stand demo so the more buffs to destro the happier I'll be.
    That is great and all; but, Destruction is never going to be a top tier dps spec for warlocks ever again. Well...unless of course you nerf the other two specs into the ground.

Swapping specs mid-raid will suck ass without a bag full of offspec gear as the priorities are opposites for aff & destro.. Although 2sec CB's are fun incinerate will end up under GCD cast time with backlash..
    Yep. You would think that they could actually ponder these types of issues when they make these 'balancing' tweaks. As a warlock you will now be forced to play one spec and one spec only, as switching between affliction and destruction just isn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard View Post
    This is the crap that kills me. They had a PTR cycle for months. The release this crap, people go out and re-gem, re-enchant, and then they flip a switch to make thousands of players do it all over again.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if that is the case with the double nerf to Demo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    wow that pointless demo nerf. Hopefully some buff to fury generation to compensate at some point, demo is back to being super tedious and slow to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I'm don't suck as Aff, but I really don't like to play as one, and blues stated over the past few months that we should be able to play any spec we wanted to. But we're all seeing something different. I think I could play Destro, but my fav wil always be Demo, and that should be enough. Unfortunately, If it shows needed, I'll respec, to maintain my role as one of the primal sources of dps in my raid group. And I'll push all my limits again to keep that, playing as Destro, Demo or even Aff. We warlocks are used to it, as Blizz is teaching us over the years.

My favorite spec is affliction anyways, but still, I would still want the option to swap into destro for certain fights.

- - - Updated - - -

This hotfix already came out right?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard View Post
    Honestly, I was mad...then I read:

Unerring Vision of Lei Shen now has a 40% reduced chance to activate its effect for Warlocks.

Started looking for a chair to throw.
    Don't get why they put this trinket in the game in the first place. How did they not realize on the drawing table how broken this would be?

This hotfix already came out right?
    No, it'll probably be out during maintenance tomorrow.

Blizzard trolled me good. Got the leishen trinket today after waiting all of T15 for it. Time to pick up destro again
    Yea just did an Alt run on my ex-main warlock and got UVLS last night on my first kill on him. So annoying...