Thread: MM hunter!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MM hunter!

I have been looking around the forums and mostly is about SV or BM post. I am thinking if there is people out there using MM cause I am using MM but need some guidance like, should i got for haste > cri > mastery or Mastery > cri> haste and what is the rotation like for MM? any suggestion? thanks.

Deleted
    I´m playing mm. And i go for crit-haste-mastery
    Only 2pc T16 atm, no new trinket, weapon only 561.
    And i really get good results, playing with toth and amoc.

Deleted
    you can just go hardcast AiS ^^ so toth is not nessasary also direbeast sims higher

Likely the reason Ganove is using TotH is because the 2pc T16 bonus is so valuable with arcane spam.

If you don't have 2pc T16, yes Dire Beast will sim higher in most situations.

Deleted
    Thats right, i doubled my uptime on rf with 2pc T16 to around ~22% uptime atm in a boss fight.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scranton, PA...yes where the office was made!
    30 mins, flask, food, pots, reforged and regem for all haste, no leg. cloak, have meta, 547ilvl with 2p, on a level 90 dummy at 50% hp (raider's training dummy's are always at 100%, careful aim would inflate your #s way to much) 247k dps for marks, it was sexy spamming those aimed shots!

Deleted
    AFAIK MM still doesn't come anywhere near BM, or even survi =( I'd never even consider bringing MM spec to my hc raiding guild's comp while progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by EverdayMJ View Post
    30 mins, flask, food, pots, reforged and regem for all haste, no leg. cloak, have meta, 547ilvl with 2p, on a level 90 dummy at 50% hp (raider's training dummy's are always at 100%, careful aim would inflate your #s way to much) 247k dps for marks, it was sexy spamming those aimed shots!
    You would only need 13494 Haste rating as MM.

With my gear I can reach 12721 without any regemming, so I would need 2x Quick and 1x Deft to reach the haste plateau.

Quote Originally Posted by Bemnech View Post
    AFAIK MM still doesn't come anywhere near BM, or even survi =( I'd never even consider bringing MM spec to my hc raiding guild's comp while progressing.
    With the new hotfix that just went live, and a 558 ilvl with 2pc (best talents taken for each spec) on FD:
    SV - 271K DPS
    MM - 273K DPS
    BM - 274K DPS

They are very close but MM simply doesn't have the AOE of SV, and BM still slightly edges ahead for single target. It's very viable in raids now, as far as I can tell, but it's still not a min/max spec. However, after about halfway heroic geared, I believe MM will take lead over BM in single target.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2013-09-24 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    With the new hotfix that just went live, and a 558 ilvl with 2pc (best talents taken for each spec) on FD:
    SV - 271K DPS
    MM - 273K DPS
    BM - 274K DPS

They are very close but MM simply doesn't have the AOE of SV, and BM still slightly edges ahead for single target. It's very viable in raids now, as far as I can tell, but it's still not a min/max spec. However, after about halfway heroic geared, I believe MM will take lead over BM in single target.

I'm wondering how you got those numbers, dummy targeting? Is the Aimed Shot buff on targets above 80% hp included?

I'm wondering how you got those numbers, dummy targeting? Is the Aimed Shot buff on targets above 80% hp included?
    He says "on FD" so, femaledwarf.com spreadsheet.
    I really wish there was a boss dummy we could test on that didn't inflate careful aim.

Here are my own numbers that I posted in the main thread on the new hotfix changes:

SV (DB, MoC, GT) - 258.5K
    MM (DB, MoC, GT) - 256.8k (Aimed only during CA and below 1.5 cast)
    MM (DB, MoC, GT) - 255.6k (Aimed-only rotation)
    BM (DB, BS, GT) - 251.4k

So, if the changes stick, Survival comes out on top single target, with MM 2nd and BM now in 3rd (at least for me).

If I equip a heroic warforged bow, I get

MM - 292.2k
    SV - 277k

I would imagine as the rest of the gear got upgraded, that gap would narrow, but with buffs now to both Aimed and Chimera, weapon damage scales so high now that MM could easily be #1 in BiS gear. And Powershot/Barrage will edge out Glaive, given they use weapon damage also.

Also, as an aside, I suspect the more immediate gap for me between MM/SV and BM is that I have the Haromm trinket, and the Multistrike works better with those two (particularly MM).

As for MM AoE, it is not the multi-dot of SV, nor the set-it-and-forget cleave of BM, but if you plan ahead it can be quite potent. For instance, on Sha of Pride, you have a predictable batch of small adds. If you build up a little focus heading right into their appearance, you can tear into them with a crazy number of rather hard-hitting Multi-Shots courtesy of Bombardment.

For focus dumping using aim or arcane will be a better choice? Given that aim is not below 1.5 cast

You can reach Under 1.5 Aimed Shot cast at 13 494 Rating(that is with Steady Focus and Raid AtkSpeed buff). Very easy to reach in SoO gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelram View Post
    For focus dumping using aim or arcane will be a better choice? Given that aim is not below 1.5 cast
    use aimedshot since the dmg buff you also benefit if its under 1.6 seconds so its no problem to use it as a focusdump

To be clear, 1.5 was chosen in my sims because forcing Aimed to cast any slower was a loss. As my weapon damage goes up, I expect that the max cast time will go up until there is no cast speed at which it is a loss. That is, the Aimed-only rotation will beat the Aimed-sometimes rotation.

I'm currently rolling with a Normal Warforged 2/2 wep. MM would be good, but I just hate the playstyle, too clunky with 50 Focus cost Aimed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I'm currently rolling with a Normal Warforged 2/2 wep. MM would be good, but I just hate the playstyle, too clunky with 50 Focus cost Aimed.
    im currently rolling without a wf weapon but its still a gain of 4k dps to sv ^^ well since you regenerate focus like hell ! it feels like 2 ss generate about 70 focus ( im using db and amoc) my current gear is 556 and i have 2 set bonus it feels reals smooth atm ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I am absolutely not trying to spark any sort of flame war, but I've read in other class forums that Icy-Veins/Noxxic are garbage. I see that a reputable Hunter has reviewed the guide, but I don't know the details of his approval. Is the Hunter version of this site substantially more accurate than the other class' seem to believe?