10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk View Post
    What is so interesting about Fiddle/Cait? What did I miss?
    /facepalm

Syndra Volibear.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing special there either.

Syndra was played during the LCS already. Volibear was an extremely popular pick for a while.

The way Voli went on a rampage was surprising though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    /facepalm

Syndra Volibear.
    What does that have to do with San and comA?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Nothing special there either.

Syndra was played during the LCS already. Volibear was an extremely popular pick for a while.

The way Voli went on a rampage was surprising though.
    yo, u need to watch more trick2g

10+ Year Old Account
    /facepalm

Syndra Volibear.
    Sidenote, the way you worded it, you suggested that it was the AD carry / support pick which was interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sidenote, the way you worded it, you suggested that it was the AD carry / support pick which was interesting.
    Aaaaand I'm out again.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Aaaaand I'm out again.
    Byeeeeeeeeee

Aaaaand I'm out again.
    Man, you're awfully touchy today.

Just played a Vi jungle game and, while I need to work on playing her mechanically... DEAR LORD she is strong.

they didn't take their opponents seriously and whipped out some more fun things that they knew would work
    that's what I get from their picks

So I've discovered my problem. I have 3 playstyles: 2 when ahead and 1 when behind. When ahead, I either play really passive with my advantage because I'm terrified of a gank or I play super aggressive when ahead and get ganked. First one generally loses me my turret, second generally snowballs it in the other direction. When behind, I try too hard to get back in and fall further behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    So I've discovered my problem. I have 3 playstyles: 2 when ahead and 1 when behind. When ahead, I either play really passive with my advantage because I'm terrified of a gank or I play super aggressive when ahead and get ganked. First one generally loses me my turret, second generally snowballs it in the other direction. When behind, I try too hard to get back in and fall further behind.
    That's just an experience thing. Keep playing and you should improve. One important thing, a lot of people seem to forget, is that you can influence your power a lot with your item build. For example an early haunting guise will usually delay your late game power but vastly boost your mid game which might compensate for the other mid lane being ahead (for example winning a dragon fight because you deal more damage) and turn the game around.

The other thing is: wards. You don't need tons of it, just strategically well placed ones. Knowing where your enemy is, makes plays possible (for a mid laner: burst your enemy down when he goes for wraiths or tries to gank (if you are too weak, you can still warn your bot/top), a top might all in when you see their jungler in the bot jungle etc).

Deleted
    Thing is, in that game they didn't play him like a jungler. He got blue buff and then pretty much just sat in lane.

Yorick was a decent 2v1 laner already and with blue buff his sustain and shoving is insane. Now add an Aatrox and things just turn real ugly real fast.
    Well they did have a pure objective based teamcomp there indeed, which was quite hilarious to see.

But I'm playing him like a jungler now and it's quite fun in todays assassin comps. See them waste all their burst on a carry which then simply revives. I'm liking it tbh, but like I said, I like Yorick overall, eventhough his skills aren't mindblowing.

(Have you heard the voice, it's just awesome.)

Deleted
    My problem in top lane: Oh I got him low I can take this guy. Minions OP #420 blaezf4got etc.

50%: Woop, got his ass, time to whoop some more.
    other 50%: Shit, he got away on 30 hp, and my lane is pushing into my tower. How did I miss that?

Imma try and watch it a bit more.

I got really frustrated by a bunch of people who, afterwards, complained that I didn't follow a Kat all the way to botlane as Vlad while they were overextending. Twice. On their turret. 4v5.
    Don't mind my triple farm and 2 pushed towers. Just keep feeding Yi.

Bah, I played so well that game, until the point they got too strong for me as well. Lost because of no communication, no cohesion. Such a waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Well they did have a pure objective based teamcomp there indeed, which was quite hilarious to see.

But I'm playing him like a jungler now and it's quite fun in todays assassin comps. See them waste all their burst on a carry which then simply revives. I'm liking it tbh, but like I said, I like Yorick overall, eventhough his skills aren't mindblowing.

(Have you heard the voice, it's just awesome.)
    Got him ages ago as well as the Pentakill skin. He's just totally awesome. Horrendous to play against though.

Got him ages ago as well as the Pentakill skin. He's just totally awesome. Horrendous to play against though.
    Yorick walks into a bar. There's no counter.

AMAGAWD I'M SO FUNNEH!

Anyway, just played my first game in 5 days.
    I got first pick and they do not ban Kassadin: awwyisss.jpg

Went 16-3-13 and ended up being referred to as xPeke by my team
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun thing that when i was leveling my main account, i've picked yorick on free week and stomped everyone with it. I thought it was not funny to stomp everyone and decided to not buy him
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Argh nooooo! As much as I like Slash and guitars and shit, such skins just don't do it for me.

I use his Undertaker skin, which is DA BOOOMMMBBB.

I noticed some discussions about Yorick going on earlier in this thread, and I can't really be bothered to search for all the details, but I have a question regarding jungle Yorick.

Would it be viable? All he has is a slow in forms of CC. Does this still make him a viable jungler? I'm expecting his sustain in the jungle to be top notch, so that shouldn't really be the main issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way the chinese team used him was different from a normal jungler, which shores up some of his weaknesses. They just got him a few levels + blue and then shoved down objective after objective.

I don't think he really does a lot in any other form of team comp, though he can be used in a Res Vayne sort of comp, I suppose.

--

Finally got bothered to finish the placement matches. Jarvan 4 to the rescue, because I was pretty damn sure the last match was lost from champ pick.

Twitch, Maokai, Tryndamere, Yi, J4 vs Lee Sin, Vayne, Volibear, Evelynn, Nidalee.
    Team starts raging in champ select already. Maokai + Trynda are apparently duo queueing and take bot lane, sending Twitch mid. Yi is raging from start to finish and the entire chat is filled with 'report team!' He clears my lane with Alpha strike and bitches when I take his golems in return in the meanwhile. That changes after we get a few kills on the enemy Evelynn and scare off Volibear (who apparently went top) a bit.

Hardest I had to work so far for a win. It helped the Vayne was absolutely atrocious.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2013-09-24 at 09:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Would it be viable? All he has is a slow in forms of CC. Does this still make him a viable jungler? I'm expecting his sustain in the jungle to be top notch, so that shouldn't really be the main issue.
    Well, LoveLin played jungle Yorick a couple of days ago, dorans blade start is obviously no problem with Yoricks sustain, but he played him more as a secondary laner that basically went into the 2v1 lane after double buffs and just bullied the enemy botlane out and then zoned them (there really doesn't seem much that they could do vs a blue buff Yorick + other laner), but your ganks really arent great.

The commentators did talk about his jungle Yorick on day 1 of worlds iirc, and said that if he doesn't just lane together with his toplaner, that he would usually try to fight the enemy jungler a lot, as he has the strong dorans blade start and the sustain to back up a lot of skirmishes, which the other jungler will most likely not have.

So if you have a coordinated group that doesn't really rely on ganks to survive in lane, he can work. For soloqueue, probably not that much.