Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    NO. I hated dailies. I hated that I couldn't just run dungeons for VP then buy VP gear to get geared enough to go to LFR on my alts, without ALSO running the god DAMNED dailies over and over again until I had enough rep so that they'd *deign* to let my purchase gear with the VP I'd already earned.

The Barrens thing was better. At least a little. Timeless Isle is MUCH better - I might actually start playing my alts again after spending most of the expansion refusing to.
    I'm still amazed that so many people apparently like killing 20 mobs without a quest sooo much more then killing 20 mobs with a quest.

China has three guilds already passed the H12

Voted for Timeless Isle because fuck dailies. Even still, there really isn't enough to do on the island. It's really small.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
    One reason it's doing well on the poll, is as everyone has said, it's new.
    If you actually read the comments you'd see that has nothing to do with it and that people hating dailies is why it's winning.

Either this poll shows that people are excited by whats currently in front of them, or that they just love places that throw free gear at their alts. (Or maybe 5.4 is just that much better than everything else this patch.)

5.0 was great for variety, but ended up being too much work to get anywhere. Along with having gating a few reps to extend the pain and suffering.
    5.1 had a great storytelling aspect. It definitely felt like you were progressing and the solo senario's worked well. The patch lacked real content though.
    5.2 was insane to start. Too many people crammed in such a small space. The solo senarios did a decent job telling the story, but they felt a little boring (maybe the story just wasn't that good.) As the island opened up, I started to enjoy the dailies more. The gating was a waste though. You unlocked a world boss and different dailies. Not very exciting.
    5.3 was good. A decent storyline, along with a pretty simple catch up mechanic for alts. There wasn't a ton of content, but it was done well in my opinion.
    5.4 is a waste of time. It doesn't add anything to the story of the expansion. All you do is kill anything that moves. Its good for people who like to grind. It gives people the option to burn through the content as quickly as they like, without being gated by daily quests. It's not really for me. Too many people in a small area fighting over the same mobs. It seems to bring out the worst the game has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by lanstarfire View Post
    Asia doesn't count.

If they don't make tons of dailies like they did with Thunder Isle, you get the Timeless Isle where you have nothing to do at all if you're not achievement hunting and looking to gear alts. To me, the Timeless Isle feels like a tack-on, and bar the legendary cloak quests and killing Ordos and the Celestials each week, I was there exactly 3 times and am already super bored of it. I don't want to grind through 1000 mobs to get the rep up either.

I raid normal/heroic but I still like solo content and even daily quests if the rewards are appropriate, I was doing the Thunder Isle every day until the rep was done, but this new island is just boring, with nothing to do, except for the weekly boss kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    That is what I think the devs are missing.. they always have this all-or-nothing attitude. The probelm with 5.0 wasn´t dailies.. it was SO MANY GOLDEN LOTUS DAILIES.. There should always be a mix of things.. Storytelling dailies with scenario arcs like in 5.1, unlocking content like Isle of thunder, and then just a bunch of little cool things like timeless island.

Golden Lotus was terrible, the rest of the 5.0 dailies were fine.

But as others said.. in a few months, this poll will change when TI becomes nothing ( well, already is) but running in big circles looking for skulls on your minimap.

A little of this, a little of that, keeps things fresh. Shao really should have 4 daily quests per day out of a pool of 12 or so.
    You have to love the way Blizz fixed the problem of too many Golden Lotus dailies - they just had Garrosh blast them all away except for 3 in the west. LOL.

Deleted
    i'm quite shocked to see the timeless isle on top. i have no idea how could somebody enjoy it.
    its the most horrible grind ever introduced in wow... basically everything in it is a massive grind with 0 story.

5.1 was far superior in terms of story, while the isle of thunder was superior in every other aspect: ambience, long-term objectives, variety, lore.
    i'm an achievement whore and i absolutely hate the thought of staying there any longer...

If you don't collect pets or mounts, and you are a heroic raider, there really isn't anything interesting on Timeless Island.

Sure I got loot for my alts, but it's kind of pointless. What am I gonna do on them? LFR?

Timeless Isle is the laziest, cheapest content patch in the history of WOW.
    Stumble around on an island opening chests for epic gear, what a fucking joke. This is what they came up with after saying 5-mans were "too easy to gear up in".
    I'll bet some intern got a pat on the back for coming up with the idea of zero quest lines or story on the island and calling it "player directed".
    And hey let's not forget making areas "exclusive" with access only if you have the right gear, got to get people to do the RNG clusterfuck that the legendary quest line is somehow I guess.
    What they have done to professions is beyond stupid. Blathering about getting people out in the world while removing any need to do so for mats and turning them into a daily RNG pile of shit.

This dev team that took over mid Wrath is destroying the game and in the process they are removing just about every single thing the previous team did that made the game so popular, kind of like that new grocery store manager who moves everything around just to show everyone who's the boss.

Here's hoping one of the new games coming out don't suck ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Manaflask got a count of 195 pulls on Blackfuse from Paragon in order to down the boss!
    Jesus. How anyone could find that fun boggles my mind. To each their own, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanstarfire View Post
    Nope.

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/asia

Wouldn't matter anyways because their 25m geared players could probably just go faceroll 10m.

Deleted
    That post about Norushen reads like an apologetic love letter to WoW's small group of heroic raiders. I don't remember a time when changes to other areas of the game came with a big, wet, sloppy "i'm sorry".

Deleted
    For me, the most fun at Klaxxi reputation. This is a really powerful story same like quest for Anduin Wrynn. Actly, all of Operation: Shieldwall.
    Black Prince got me perfectly to fight, his dialogues are excellent. I would like to experience something similar in the future.
    Last edited by mmoccf4fd9111f; 2013-09-23 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    5.0 and 5.1 were my favorite with 5.0 only slightly pulling ahead.

I felt like I was actually part of the storyline and it felt like we had to slowly gain trust with the Pandaren before being allowed to tackle some of the real issues that faced the continent.

The same goes for 5.1 except that we were facing off against the opposite faction and the Mogu in a race for an item of power.

I was a bit surprised that anybody voted for the barrens weekly quests. I did them twice. One on 2 different toons for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblykiss View Post
    I was a bit surprised that anybody voted for the barrens weekly quests. I did them twice. One on 2 different toons for the title.

Yeah, I spent quite some time there...but I didn't enjoy a minute.

I like the timeless isle. Some interesting new mechanics(for open world PvE and PvP) and a lot to discover.
    Okay, the reputation grind was uncalled for(yes, you don't have to do it...on the other hand: Stupid grinding is NO content, Blizz!!!)....no idea why hunters and warlocks get a free ride when it comes to solo killing whatever they want on the isle due to easy mode tanking pets(and that after Blizz already had the same problem mit zandalari warbringers. You'd think they learned out of that)...and the bird-taxi could fly A LOT faster....but that's about all the things I can complain about.
    I'm on a completely dead server(and server pool) tho...so I can see it all without of getting killed every 5 minutes and I only have to fight for rep-mobs at high traffic(means 50 players are online) hours...and usually I'm then competing with xrealm players that try to farm on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Maho View Post
    World PvP? Lol. I tell you what is world PvP right now: 60+ players standing all in one place, spamming AoE, and everyone and everything around are lagging like hell. This is your "world PvP".

I don't like Timeless Isle. It's just non stop killing everything around. Very boring.
    Way to not talk about PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Nope.

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/asia

Wouldn't matter anyways because their 25m geared players could probably just go faceroll 10m.
    wowprogress never updates Chinese servers.

There is already a Chinese guild 13/14 now.

http://www.battlenet.com.cn/wow/zh/c...68:15107:a8481