Thread: [TV] Dexter

Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    Aww come on, you didn't enjoy Miguel "I'll do what I want to whom I want, to whoever I want! Count on it!" Prado? I loved that hammy character, he was all over the place
    I fully expected to shout at Dexter "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN"
    Yeah, that was one of the more memorable bits, along with "I am the last person you wanna fuck with, because I will fuck you back, in ways you never even imagined!"

Season 3 was pretty stale, but it did sort of pick up towards the very end. The whole affair about Rita's pregnancy and them culminating it with as pivotal a turning point in the series as their wedding sort of made up for some of the blandness, and it helped that it was flanked by seasons two and four, the two best ones in my opinion.

If I had to rate them all, it'd probably be something like 2 > 4 > 1 > 6 > 7 > 3 > 8 > 5.

would have preferred a happier ending to what could come. Heres what could have gone down.
    Deb gets shot and goes into surgery, just before she Tells Quinn she loves him and she hopes she'll make it out alive just to see him again
    Dexter gets Hannah out of the country via the same way by bus and whatnot losing Elway via a tranq to the neck or whatever. Saxon comes back to the hospital and Dexter manages to catch him, but instead turns him over to the police with a complete GSR and everything to convinct him of 6 life sentences. Dexter goes back to Deb.. whos still passed out from surgery, and tells her "we got him" . Suddenly Deb wakes up and smiles. The surgery was a success. Quinn comes in and she agrees to marry him. Dexter nods and says goodbye and good luck, flies to Argentina and meets up with Hannah and Harrison. Dexter realizes that bad people are everywhere, and its his job to protect his family from them.. and he'll remember the monsters.. and what hes done.
    Oh and Saxon gets murdered in prison by some inmates or whatever.

A good show like this deserves a good ending, See Dexter was spose to have learned responsiblity. Like when he realized it wasnt his dark passenger that killed people, it was his own desire. He wanted to protect his sister (Season1) and his family in season 3 as the ending, he failed in season 4 which made him really upset, and season 5 he tried to redeem himself, seasson 6 got a lil screwy but with Debra finding out that was really epic. and S7 ending was just terribly predictible. and 8 was goddam awful.

imo best to worst
    1 will always be the best, cause of Doakes and its introducing all the characters, i didnt like the flashbacks that much but its whatever.
    2 Doakes again, Lila was kinda funny as a distraction as well.
    53 5 was great cause of Lumen, 3 was alrite I loved Miguel but idk, something about the series didnt appeal as much.
    76 both very interesting cause of Isaac and the Bible murders happening
    4 didnt understand it as much, but moreover i was mad at Dexter for not killing trinity right away.. i mean hes already figured out who he is and he got careless.

and of course. 8 cant even make the list.
    Last edited by announced; 2013-09-24 at 10:52 AM.

Deleted
    Probably the worst season so far and also the worst season finale/series finale ive ever seen.

It kind of went with the quality of the last couple of seasons tho tbh. Glad its over!

I hated the ending so much I honestly wish I hadn't seen it. My best friend, who is a huge Dexter fan but doesn't get Showtime, was completely baffled and finally caved in and asked me what happened. When I explained it to him he thanked me for saving him the purchase price of S8 on DVD.

Deleted
    So many hated the end - I just hated that it ended - but all good things come to an end. The end, while sad and emotional, was perfect in keeping with Dexter's thought process.

At the end of the day Dexter was a serial killer, he was never going to have a happy ending. Deb dying was perfect fit with Dexter losing his father and wife...All because of him and who he was. Everyone he got close to died or got hurt. Dexter survived because he is unique. A force of nature himself but he had to sacrifice his happiness to protect Harrison and Hanna. What happened to Deb proved it to him.

“I destroy everyone I love. And I can’t let that happen to Hannah. To Harrison. I have to protect them. From me.” –#Dexter

I'm going to miss Dexter so much.. Especially soundtracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2xxizpHuoo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSsOnShqhw4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekeBs9uTu4E
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yigfh8MDB0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkEl9TVJBMw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKR6BZxE4yg

Quote Originally Posted by Evix View Post
    So many hated the end - I just hated that it ended - but all good things come to an end. The end, while sad and emotional, was perfect in keeping with Dexter's thought process.

At the end of the day Dexter was a serial killer, he was never going to have a happy ending. Deb dying was perfect fit with Dexter losing his father and wife...All because of him and who he was. Everyone he got close to died or got hurt. Dexter survived because he is unique. A force of nature himself but he had to sacrifice his happiness to protect Harrison and Hanna. What happened to Deb proved it to him.

“I destroy everyone I love. And I can’t let that happen to Hannah. To Harrison. I have to protect them. From me.” –#Dexter

I'm going to miss Dexter so much.. Especially soundtracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2xxizpHuoo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSsOnShqhw4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekeBs9uTu4E
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yigfh8MDB0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkEl9TVJBMw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKR6BZxE4yg
    I think you hit the nail on the head.

I'm going to miss dexter too. That music always gives me chills. (in a good way. )

So much bad writing in the last few episodes:

Wanted fugitive Hannah Doesn't bother to cut or dye her hair or attempt to change her appearance in any way, proceeds to walk around in broad daylight.
    Wanted fugitive Hannah can't be bothered to even put on a big hat and sunglasses when taking Harrison to the hospital.
    Also apparently no hospitals or hotels in miami has security cameras, or the cops / marshal never think to check them.
    Airport security does not recognize a woman who is on the US marshals wanted list.

Nobody recognizes the most wanted man in miami as he strolls around a hospital.
    ...or sees him when he knifes a guy a parking lot.
    Cliche "take a vet hostage cause I can't go to a hospital" scene.

Climatic Saxon vs Dexter fist fight literally ends before it even starts.

Dexter letting saxon live is retardedly implausible, he knows everything about Dexter and the possibility that he could tip the police off to him is to much of a risk, especially when Dexter has already been accused and narrowly avoided these accusations before. It's probable that Batista or what's his name, the chief of police guy, would get suspicious that maybe laguerta was right. Even though he is planning to flee the country the attention is bad for him AND Deb.

Also how many times does Dexter not kill someone only to have it come back to bite him in the ass? Learn from your mistakes dumbass.

Ellway just magically finds Hannah on the bus when "one of his sources comes through". Bullshit. Plot convenience. Bad writing.
    Hannah drugs him with a needle in public. Nobody notices. Flat out describes what she just did on a crowded bus. No one hears it.
    She also apparently had her peripheral vision surgically removed to not see him flat out sit down next to her.
    Ellway knew where she was going and what... he just wakes up on the bus and never tells anyone or looks for her? ever?

Aster and Cody mentioned once, in passing, the entire season.
    Guess the grandparents aren't going to care what happened to their grandson? or his father?

Dexter leaving his kid with poisoner who he has known for what? A month? Less? Who has poisoned him and his sister (twice). Love really is blind.
    Also harrison is apparently wolverine and his chin magically healed without having to have the stitches removed.
    Nobody is going to question the disappearance of harrison?

Nurses don't rush into a room with a crash cart when a patient flatlines.
    Nobody even looks at Dexter as he walks out with a body.
    ...or loads the body on a boat.

The whole Matsuoka's daughter plot point going nowhere. We don't even get an emotional father / daughter scene or something? Existed solely to pad the episodes. Insulting.

Dexter dumping his sisters body in the same manner he dumped countless pedophiles and murderers.
    Also, why even do this? Pulling the plug, sure. But dumping the body? Why rob Quin and everyone else who loved her from the closure of burying her?

Dexter talking his way out of his killing saxon when he wasn't supposed to be there.
    ...and then they just let him go.

Dexter surviving a hurricane.

Lumberjacks, fucking lumberjacks.

Fantastic show, but this entire final season never should have happened, didn't even feel like the same show.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-09-25 at 12:23 AM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

The best part of the Hannah-taking-Harrison-to-the-hospital bit is that she calls Dexter, can't reach him, and then decides to take him herself, instead of calling Deb. Had the foresight to use Deb's name, but not call Deb to take care of it herself.

I mean, who better than her unemployed (at that moment) aunt to take Harrison to the hospital? Certainly a better option than the wanted fugitive actively being hunted by the U.S. Marshall's Service. But of course, the shitty writers needed an excuse for Hannah to be seen so there could be that artificial pressure of getting out, EVEN THOUGH SHE'S BEEN WALKING AROUND MIAMI UNRECOGNIZED FOR VIRTUALLY THE WHOLE SEASON. Guess pulling your hair back really does make you unrecognizable. Apparently that admitting nurse in the ER is a super sleuth as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    EVEN THOUGH SHE'S BEEN WALKING AROUND MIAMI UNRECOGNIZED FOR VIRTUALLY THE WHOLE SEASON. Guess pulling your hair back really does make you unrecognizable.
    dexter wouldn't love her if she wasnt blonde. he has a type.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got around to watching the last three episodes, and I was fairly disappointed. I came close to shedding a tear at Deb's death and Dexter's sailing into the hurricane, but I was too busy being pissed at how stupid some of the characters were acting and some of the plot holes, most of which have already been mentioned over the last few pages.

A hope I've had for the ending for a while now was for everyone to figure out who and what Dexter was, but with him making a successful get away to a new life. And while he did get the new life part, it was pretty clear that it was more of an exile then a getaway.

I don't think a single character got a happy ending. Dexter didn't, Debra died, all of Miami Metro Homocide lost two good friends, or even closer than friends for some characters. Harrison loses his dad. Astor and Cody have been consistently less plot relevant for a while now, but I'm sure they're upset. Hannah loses Dexter and is now a single mom of a kid that isn't hers. Sure she loves him and was intending to be his stepmom anyway, but becoming a single parent and sole guardian over a kid who you really haven't known that long, in a country you are new to probably isn't easy, even if you have money and seem to be living somewhat comfortably.

Also, I'm sure a lot of the characters are wondering where Harrison is... and now it just occurred to me that unless Elway decides to keep quiet to avoid humiliation, he could probably reveal that he knows that Harrison is with Hannah, probably in Argentina.

Favourite seasons were 1 and 2, followed by a slow yet steady decline. 3 and 4 were good, but not as much as the first two. 5-7 were all hit-and-miss. 8 was just disappointing, and mostly anti-climactic.

I like how the studio was caught bullshitting in saying they always knew how Dexter would end and this was, apart from little details pretty much it while the showrunner of the first 4 seasons in Reddit AMA revealed what the original plan was and it was nothing like this.

I am sorry I watched the last season. 6-7 wasn't anything to write home about (Even though I did enjoy the exploration of religion in one of them) but damn was the season 8 dead before it was even born.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

All of that character development for Dexter thrown out the window. Harry literally disappeared because dex didn't need him anymore, and then he just decides that he's a monster that hurts everyone he loves. He seemed to finally have his shit together, Saxon was dead (kinda iffy that they just let him walk away but that's not the worst problem with the episode, whatever), he had a plan to leave the country, and then he fucks it all up and fakes his death.

The core of Dexter's character was the question, "can i balance my normal life and my secret life?" I would have been okay if the answer was yes, or if the answer was no. But since Dex seems to think the answer was no, they could have had him either be discovered and arrested or have him die in some meaningful way. Instead he just runs away to become a miserable lumberjack for the rest of his life.

wtf

I liked the idea of Dexter being caught, sentenced to death, and then he sees his victims in the attendance when he is put down, with Brian, Lila, Miguel, Arthur, Rita and Debra making the headlines.

Maybe even Lumen.

That would have been awesome.

I liked this TV Show so much! Amazing TV show!!!

Deleted
    Just started watching Season 1 on Sunday as a freind asked me why i don't watch it. To be honest not heard much about it. Started Sunday and just on Episode 12 of season 2 and OMG i love this stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noahsark View Post
    Just started watching Season 1 on Sunday as a freind asked me why i don't watch it. To be honest not heard much about it. Started Sunday and just on Episode 12 of season 2 and OMG i love this stuff.
    The earlier seasons are good indeed, definitely a series worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Noahsark View Post
    I really loved the first few seasons, but eventually, to me at least, it always felt forced in that there [U]always[U] had to be some Big Bad. In the first couple of seasons, you got to see Dexter work, stalk his victims, learn about them, and then kill them, and him trying to balance that with life. You almost never see that in the later episodes. It is just him trying to catch the Big Bad. The Ice Truck Killer and Trinity were both good in this case, but others... not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchaeus View Post
    I really loved the first few seasons, but eventually, to me at least, it always felt forced in that there [U]always[U] had to be some Big Bad. In the first couple of seasons, you got to see Dexter work, stalk his victims, learn about them, and then kill them, and him trying to balance that with life. You almost never see that in the later episodes. It is just him trying to catch the Big Bad. The Ice Truck Killer and Trinity were both good in this case, but others... not so much.
    I agree, but I like the way they dealt with each "big bad". Some were simply his enemies that he wanted to kill, some he needed more evidence, and some he got close to like a friend :P I know what you're saying, but I enjoyed some parts of it and it had good ideas that just weren't implemented properly. Shame the last few seasons went to shit, if the original producer/director stayed on and ended Dexter how he wanted to, combined with having a better experience with the latter seasons as a whole then it would be up there with some of the best series around instead of being viewed as a joke compared to the "big boys" and its former self.

Isaak Sirko ( Ray Stevenson ) was a better antagonist than Trinity, in my opinion.

I loved the guy.. and he put Dexter on his toes. For all of Trinity's ''horrifying'' presence, when Dexter got his hands on him he could've choked him to death. He posed no physical threat to Dexter.

Isaak? He was chasing Dexter guns blazing, a true assassin.

Probably why I liked Bane more than the Joker, too. I prefer antagonists to push the ''protagonist'' to his limits both physically and mentally.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, I think Isaak was the better antagonist. I didn't think season 4 was as good as people make it out to be, it was good, but not the best Dexter season imo. I think season 1 and 2 were the best, it just felt like they had so many ideas and more depth to the writing, not to mention it didn't seem as farfetched and stale as the latter seasons. I enjoyed every season in their own way, but nowhere near enough for me to rewatch them. The ending alone puts me off watching it, terrible. Real big shame as I was saying because it had the potential to be one of the big greats.