Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Yet another Priest nerf :(

Shadow priests are already struggling to have decent DPS an they go an nerf SW:P by 15% !!! wow u have to be kidding me.
    Not only are disc priests way too OP but shadow keeps getting stepped on over an over, I have 3 and am ready to retire them.
    Days like today make me consider quitting wow.

U serisouly have no idea about the state of Priests right now lol
    Shadow are struggling? Shadows are at the top in a lot of heroics kills, Raidbots.com says its top 4 spec right now in both 25 and 10man aswell

Discs are to OP? Both Shaman and Druid are way better than priests right now healing wise but disc is still viable tbh

Looks like every other dps got a buff, and we get a nerf, wtf?.

If we are looking at raid bots, it appears that Fire Mage and Demo Locks have their necks sticking out several % ahead of the roster... have they been nerfed as well to pull their heads in?

Mages and Warlocks are those chosen children and for some magical reason are just meant to be better. Blizzard denies the Hybrid tax but Mages, Locks, and Rogues are usually poking out the top 5 spots.

Sorry Hunters, I guess you shouldn't of worn mail. Blizzard probably thinks you're a Shaman and hates you.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Shadows are at the top in a lot of heroics kills
    Do you have any proof of this claim?

Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    Do you have any proof of this claim?

I would like to see some proof also. Everything I see shows priests at the bottom of the dps rankings.

Deleted
    Play the class you enjoy, not the class who can do more DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Raidbots.com says
    Like raidbots? Here's something from raidbots:

"Be smart about using this data in discussions of class balance. Don't just look at the overall charts and QQ on forums. The truth is usually more nuanced than what is shown here."
    "As usual, this score is not the end-all, be-all measure of anything. It's merely an interesting collection of data trying to compress a whole lot of data into a single comparable value."

Numbers aren't stupid. People are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Looks like every other dps got a buff, and we get a nerf, wtf?.
    Warlocks were nerfed, and UVLS was nerfed for warlocks pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

What the hell, why to nerf shadow again.
    Blizzard really wants people stop playing.

I was afraid this would happen, most of the buffs we got was for multitarget dmg and many fights in SoO are multitarget. What we really needed was a buff to single target dmg and 5.4 buff wasnt nearly enough to our single target dps and this nerf will make single target even worse. Shadow was in decent state, even so that it wasnt hurting any raid group to bring shadow with. Now with poor scaling we'll see spriest benched again in 10 mans (and yes GC, it happens). Just for information, here are spriest ranks among other classes in SoO, 10 man normal mode, all parses.
    Immerseus 8th
    Protectors 2nd
    Norushen 5th
    Sha 10th
    Galakras 2nd
    Juggernaut 11th
    Dark Shaman 2nd
    Nazgrim 2nd
    Malkorok 11th
    Spoils 9th
    Thok 5th
    Siegecrafter 11th
    Paragons 4th
    Garrosh 9th

Average rank 6.5 out of 11 classes - slightly below average and thats before the nerf. For single target fights shadow has been the worst class and after the nerf gap will be even bigger and with higher ilvls gap gets bigger and bigger.

How about fixing shadow finally? Make something to our single target and burst dmg so we dont have sitout all single target/prio target HC fights, pls.

As someone who plays a pure dps CLASS, I am glad to see when a dps SPEC of a healer class gets a nerf. At the start of MoP, you were probably quietly enjoying the madness spriests had going for them, all the time hoping Blizz didn't catch on.

Posting solely with the hope of starting a flame war isn't very nice, you're welcome to discuss topics - but please keep this in mind in the future.

Thanks,

~ Yva
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-09-25 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kichigaijin View Post
    As someone who plays a pure dps CLASS, I am glad to see when a dps SPEC of a healer class gets a nerf. At the start of MoP, you were probably quietly enjoying the madness spriests had going for them, all the time hoping Blizz didn't catch on.
    Yvaelle pls

I noticed a huge difference in flex raid 2 last night. Maybe a small nerf but it had a huge impact on my dps and confidence.

zomgosh they dropped our single target dmg by ~3%. Its a multi target nerf where we were definitely OP. Regardless of that, shadow's in the best place its been in since 4 piece dragon soul where we really couldn't lose.

-8/14H first week Spriest
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Sorry Hunters, I guess you shouldn't of worn mail. Blizzard probably thinks you're a Shaman and hates you.
    /chuckle /chuckle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wycked View Post
    zomgosh they dropped our single target dmg by ~3%. Its a multi target nerf where we were definitely OP. Regardless of that, shadow's in the best place its been in since 4 piece dragon soul where we really couldn't lose.

-8/14H first week Spriest
    ^ I second this. The lack in single target I can sort of live with, considering the raid is pretty much tailored for us. Only fight where it might become an issue is Thok heroic. Otherwise you wont be sat unless under performing. I'm not looking to be OP FOTM class. I'm fine with being balanced.

-7/14H first week (if that makes a difference)

Quote Originally Posted by Wycked View Post
    Regardless of that, shadow's in the best place its been in since 4 piece dragon soul where we really couldn't lose.
    I beg to differ. Actually I don't remember sucking so bad on single target since I started playing shadow in WotLK. Sure, you can top meters on multitarget non dps-check fights. But when damage actually matters, when priority targets must die ASAP, we are nothing but a burden on our raid groups ATM.