Hold on matchmaking, d-don't ramp up like that D:

All these Diamond Is....
    9/21 Ez op... or something.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelly View Post
    Why cant I hold all these diamonds? /insertmemepicture

Werent you bitching about all the Diamond V trolls earlier before you got up to IV, though? :P
    At least you'll get a chance to improve by playing with Diamond 1s!

I find playing Normals or ranked 5s with my Plat friends a lot more fun than my Silver YoloQue adventures, at least :P So satisfying when you beat a double Plat botlane as Gold ADC and Silver Support ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post

Werent you bitching about all the Diamond V trolls earlier before you got up to IV, though? :P

I find playing Normals or ranked 5s with my Plat friends a lot more fun than my Silver YoloQue adventures, at least :P So satisfying when you beat a double Plat botlane as Gold ADC and Silver Support ^^
    I've managed to get to gold V in soloq, then i've dropped to silver V due to ~25 loss streak by duoqueing with friends (one is major flamer, other played bullshit like "vi support", third was "only nautilus" player), then get back to silver I (thanks to my wife, she carried me from yolomid trolls), and dropped back to silver II. I don't want to play with my friends anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I've managed to get to gold V in soloq, then i've dropped to silver V due to ~25 loss streak by duoqueing with friends (one is major flamer, other played bullshit like "vi support", third was "only nautilus" player), then get back to silver I (thanks to my wife, she carried me from yolomid trolls), and dropped back to silver II. I don't want to play with my friends anymore
    Well in my case my friends are miles better than me (I've played for barely 6 months, a few of them have played since Beta) :P Though I do have a few of "that kind" of friends as well :P One is a guy whos in Bronze III and isnt that good with the game and always gives up and starts raging whenever he doesnt stomp his lane... "Ehmegerd I died once our Jungler is so bad we lost this now".

I just dropped to Silver II myself. I was at 75 LP at best in Silver I but got a streak of 6 losses under my belt which ended up dropping me down :P My last game at 0 LP we had no AD carry with Leona+Veigar BOT-lane.

I was supposed to go Support but this guy after me told me he can only play Support and instalocked Leona so I ended up going Zyra MID which wasnt that bad as I was ike 9/3/something at one point but we still lost cause our BOT fed their Corki like 10 kills :P

Luckily one of my Plat friends is most likely gonna be playing his brothers account to gold soon (who is Silver II) so I can probably duo with him and get slightly carried :P But that way we can have 2 lanes that wont lose which will most likely win us almost all the games.

picture
    All these Diamond Is....
    9/21 Ez op... or something.
    clearly its a counter to cait who pokes you XD
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    A small bit of news, a new ggLA roster of bischu, Quas, Otter, NydusHerMain, and Kor Kez has been formed as a challenger team. This is coming off the news that Arthelon and Nydus are no longer part of TBD.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted

Yeah well, I don't like Diamond V trolls (I -did- get an amumu mid the game before that), but I don't like how it suddenly goes from "Well okay, you know how to play so play vs trolls and ebayers" to "Lol these people have 1-2k games good luck bro".
    It was one of the hardest games I've played, (having 9/21 might've contributed to that) but it actually did feel like I was playing in a serious match for once. Riven mid was pretty terrible though, losing to Swain as the "FAKER SMURF" and all (15/14/5), And that's Diamond I >_> I ended 12/3/21 myself so kinda good I guess

I like duoqueueing, but the people I -want- to duo with are Silver V - I , since they're... not super good.
    Not to mention that the plat players you get in duoQ will complain to the Silver player if anything goes wrong, and ofcourse to the Diamond player who "ebayed" his account . It's fun to play with friends, but when your friends are low elo it doesn't always turn out to be that fun. And playing normals is just... Terrible, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Maybe you should just play till Gold V with your wife then? Seeing as she carried you lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    clearly its a counter to cait who pokes you XD
    Well, it worked out somehow, so I guess that it was hidden OP or something!
    Also props to my anonymous Thresh support who played better than Faker mid. Almost Madlife levels of support man.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like duoqueueing, but the people I -want- to duo with are Silver V - I , since they're... not super good.
    Not to mention that the plat players you get in duoQ will complain to the Silver player if anything goes wrong, and ofcourse to the Diamond player who "ebayed" his account . It's fun to play with friends, but when your friends are low elo it doesn't always turn out to be that fun. And playing normals is just... Terrible, IMO.
    Eh, normals arent that bad. They're a nice change of pace, at least for me :P And you can try out some unconventional champs and comps in them.
    I usually play a good 20 normal games or so on a new champ before I dare to play it in ranked and it usually pays off. Only lost lane once out of my 8 ranked Zyra games after I practiced her for ages in normals against Plat/Gold opponents :P

Also, you should just go ahead and play with your Silver buddies as a way of TRAINING them! Coach Zelly carrying peeps out of Silver, yo! At least for me the best way to learn was to play with people a lot better than myself :P

Deleted
    Eh, normals arent that bad. They're a nice change of pace, at least for me :P And you can try out some unconventional champs and comps in them.
    I usually play a good 20 normal games or so on a new champ before I dare to play it in ranked and it usually pays off. Only lost lane once out of my 8 ranked Zyra games after I practiced her for ages in normals against Plat/Gold opponents :P
    It's not that great for practice when you practice something like Kass mid, and have your entire team yell at you for "SHIT KASS GO BACK TO BRONZE EBAY DIAMOND LOOOOOOOOL XD" and so on. There's also a high chance of people trolling in normals, compared to ranked.
    Also, you should just go ahead and play with your Silver buddies as a way of TRAINING them! Coach Zelly carrying peeps out of Silver, yo! At least for me the best way to learn was to play with people a lot better than myself :P
    I do that, but they usually go like "I KNOW THAT MAN, JUST LET ME PLAY!". Some friends -do- appreciate advice, but rarely do something with it. I'd coach them but.. well I can't do much if they don't learn

Deleted
    I just got the "You must play a game within 7 days or become inactive and lose elo.." message, I had no idea it had been that long since I played a ranked match. Time flies when you're having fun in normals :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess for some people it takes some time for advice to seep in :P

As for Normals I never play them solo... it's always me + 3-4 others so theres really no flaming going on :P And I'd rather practice a champ in the Normals than in Ranked as even a trolling Plat in a normal game is usually a lot more challenging to play against than a try-hard Silver in ranked!

I've kind of lost my will to play ranked after being almost gold at 75 LP in Silver 1 and then losing 6 games in a row due to AFKers, trolls or genuine bad players

Normals are fun to play unconventional champions like AD thresh...

So much fun.

http://puu.sh/4zJJw.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I just got the "You must play a game within 7 days or become inactive and lose elo.." message, I had no idea it had been that long since I played a ranked match. Time flies when you're having fun in normals :P
    Gotta invest more time in ranked then! Once you get over the anxiety to play ranked you'll start preferring it over normals, really.
    I guess for some people it takes some time for advice to seep in :P

As for Normals I never play them solo... it's always me + 3-4 others so theres really no flaming going on :P And I'd rather practice a champ in the Normals than in Ranked as even a trolling Plat in a normal game is usually a lot more challenging to play against than a try-hard Silver in ranked!

I've kind of lost my will to play ranked after being almost gold at 75 LP in Silver 1 and then losing 6 games in a row due to AFKers, trolls or genuine bad players
    I guess so, one of them is really aware of his own mistakes and accepts my advice though. He also mains support so I like asking him when I need to practice ADC

I never played Normals solo but lately I just did a few to train champs, just said "Twitch/Vayne/Kass/Fizz/Jax/Vi only"
    I think I was forced support once, which resulted in the only loss lol.
    Plats are the same as Silvers in laning phase though, so practicing is less convenient with a troll on the enemy team.
    The only thing I cba to practice against is Caitlyn, it's just so boring since she outranges everyone >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Normals are fun to play unconventional champions like AD thresh...

So much fun.

http://puu.sh/4zJJw.jpg
    Stuff like this makes normal game practice trivial.
    Since I can just win with full damage build jungle Vi, or ADC Soraka.
    I dunno where I'm supposed to practice... custom games? Lol.

Stuff like this makes normal game practice trivial.
    Since I can just win with full damage build jungle Vi, or ADC Soraka.
    I dunno where I'm supposed to practice... custom games? Lol.
    try placing a ward from dragon to tri bush that shit needs srs custom game practice lol

also aram if you wanna dodge nid spear for your reaction :P

what playing normal in oceanic feels like

enemy:GG they have diamond and all we have is silver/gold gg riot matchmaking system -_-
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    try placing a ward from dragon to tri bush that shit needs srs custom game practice lol
    I actually Scarra Warded yesterday on stream... shamefur dispray.
    also aram if you wanna dodge nid spear for your reaction :P
    I actually played against a Nid in a Jarvan game. I just proclaimed "I like catgirls, rawr~" in all chat and just dunked her every time she was in EQ range.
    what playing normal in oceanic feels like

enemy:GG they have diamond and all we have is silver/gold gg riot matchmaking system -_-
    That's what happens every time I duo queue with silver friends
    Oh and my "Lol noob Diamond ebay" counter is at 35 times now. I'm keeping count

Deleted
    Gotta invest more time in ranked then! Once you get over the anxiety to play ranked you'll start preferring it over normals, really.
    Honestly I don't plan to play any more ranked - I'll play one match a month to keep myself in gold I guess but I queue normals now with at least 2 more people, but usually a full pre-made 5 and I have way too much fun with that to go back to solo q

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Normal drafts are okay. However it seems like more times than not most of the game is filled with those filthy people who queue with others. It's not uncommon to see the entire enemy team being a premade.
    Damn, I'm one of those filthy people... I only queue with others, and sometimes we take troll picks and do crazy stuff but we have a very high win rate (played 6 games as a pre-made 4 or 5 yesterday, won 5 of them, the previous day, we won 8 out of 10 games played and so on). Almost always if we queue as 4, and there is one pug 5th, he will add me to friends afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just some feedback to you all so you can all laugh in my face:

I spam too much as Sona necessitating Clarity. So at 25-33 I'm just going to stop playing her. Her single-target heal is the most inefficient in the game at rank 1 and only mediocre at rank 5. So I went and did a chart of all the healing "supports" I could think of (7?) and did rank against HP-per-mana-cost of their non-ult abilities with 0AP, and this is what I got:

I'm 6-5 for Kayle Support at the moment, and am at the precipice for not taking Clarity any more because Philo is almost enough. Two questions though:

*Why don't people play Kayle Support, and
    *When to take E?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Just some feedback to you all so you can all laugh in my face:

I spam too much as Sona necessitating Clarity. So at 25-33 I'm just going to stop playing her. Her single-target heal is the most inefficient in the game at rank 1 and only mediocre at rank 5. So I went and did a chart of all the healing "supports" I could think of (7?) and did rank against HP-per-mana-cost of their non-ult abilities with 0AP, and this is what I got:

I'm 6-5 for Kayle Support at the moment, and am at the precipice for not taking Clarity any more because Philo is almost enough. Two questions though:

*Why don't people play Kayle Support, and
    *When to take E?

1) She is inferior to other supports in the current meta.
    2) if i had to chose, after Reckoning and heal are maxed, since you'll want CC and heal as support.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    *Why don't people play Kayle Support
    Good question, I wonder why too.

Decent ranged poke, a slow, a heal and a life saving ult.

Deleted
    Because Kayle doesn't do much other than just using her ulti as a support. She can do more in lane because she gives dmg + cc and has the actual time to do damage, with little repercussions, her heal is pretty trivial and costs a bit of mana.

Also, Kayle's heal < Sona's heal. I prefer mr/armour increase over a MS boost which is pretty worthless most of the game unless you're doing a chasing but that's like...