Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I went through the pages and might have missed it. But no one seemed to mention how similar the name is to Samwise Didier's Sons of the Storm. Deff has some dota vibe to it.

http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/
    My first reaction was: If this is real then its blizzard DOTA. Sounds so like HoN, though copying the other one might have been more advisable, Leage of Storms, lol. I fail to see what this would thematically bring for WoW in the future, because storms and heroes are so generic, even generic WoW wouldn't want to have such a generic title for an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by taurvanhiel View Post
    Without registering, I can't say. From what I've read here and here, it seems that when you apply for a trademark, you have to use your information either in the Applicant or Case Contact field. That said, I'm not 100% sure that those are instructions that indicate a mandatory limitation in place or if they are attempting to guide the applicant and assuming good faith on the part of the person filing the trademark. If it's possible to edit those fields and enter the valid information of any party, then that's a window of opportunity for a fraudulent application to be filed.

We also don't know what kind of verification they do to new registered users. If the verification of new registered users is solid, then the likelihood of fraud is very slim.
    Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrowshire View Post
    http://www.iponz.govt.nz/cms/iponz/a...istered-user#3

According to this, if you choose to represent an already existing company on your account - you have to submit a "Client Access Authority form" and get verified by the company

There's also a $150 fee after being verified
    And doubly so. Thank you both for the information. Must you recieve verification before submitting the application, or is that part of the examination process? Either way I doubt this is a hoax. Then again I still doubt The Dark Below was a hoax and think that Blizzard withdrew the application for one reason or another. That said, I'm not yet convinced HotS (really dislike that it shares acronyms with a SC expansion) is a WoW expansion.

I'm glad Blizzcon isn't too far away at this point. Frankly, I'm getting a bit tired of this dance.
    Last edited by D4NNYB0Y; 2013-09-25 at 07:05 AM.

Like the 'Dark Below' trademark, not believing this 'til it is successfully registered. Right now, it's just filed, and could very well be a fake.

That said, assuming it IS real, that's a really lame name, and it's pretty vague. What could 'the Storm' be?

Quote Originally Posted by taurvanhiel View Post
    That's if you're legitimately filing as AJ Park on behalf of Blizzard Entertainment – I'm talking about not being sure if the application itself actually has a mandatory requirement that either the applicant or the case contact field contain the information of the registered user. If both of those fields can be edited by any registered user to contain valid information for both Blizzard and AJ Park, then a fraud is still a possibility. Until some brave soul bothers to register and check the limits of the application, we don't know.

That $150 is for verified user registration or the verified trademark itself? If it's for the trademark itself, such a fee was also in place in the EU and didn't stop the fraudulent The Dark Below app from being filed.
    The fee is for the trademark itself but to trademark something as an already existing in the database (which AJ Park and Blizzard Entertainment are) you have to submit proof of it prior to completing your registration so you can pay to put up a trademark

If this is fake, someone went to great measures to trick the New Zealand Trademark Database with substantial enough proof to convince them they're AJ Park and/or Blizzard Entertainment, then pay the fee for the application.

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    nooooooooooooooo, shitty name and doesnt have the lore i want ffs blizz if you do this i WILL FUCKING CRY!!!!! GIMME DARK BELOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(
    because heroes of the storm couldnt be about the same plotlines most people assumed the dark below would be about?

some people are really freaking out over nothing, we have no idea what the hell heroes of the storm would mean, its not like mists of pandaria or wrath of the lich king we have no idea what the hell were getting into with that name
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Nothing registered in Europe so far:

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    My first reaction was: If this is real then its blizzard DOTA. Sounds so like HoN, though copying the other one might have been more advisable, Leage of Storms, lol. I fail to see what this would thematically bring for WoW in the future, because storms and heroes are so generic, even generic WoW wouldn't want to have such a generic title for an expansion.
    blizzard dota is now blizzard all stars.

i doubt they would rename it a 3rd time and i dont see what heroes of the storm would have to do with a motley crew of blizzard characters
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Like the 'Dark Below' trademark, not believing this 'til it is successfully registered. Right now, it's just filed, and could very well be a fake.

That said, assuming it IS real, that's a really lame name, and it's pretty vague. What could 'the Storm' be?
    This close to Blizzcon HotS won't pass all the necessary checks for registration until after the expansion announcement.
    Last edited by D4NNYB0Y; 2013-09-25 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Why would an acronym from a completely different game be confusing?
    Because of the large number of fans that play all of blizzards title's not just one.

I dont think I know a single WoW player who hasnt or doesnt play Starcraft.

It shouldnt be the title of anything based on this alone.

Am I the only one who, if this is indeed an expansion, or another game, is bothered most by the fact that it shares an acronym with Heart of the Swarm?

1) The fact that its acronym is HotS is just too weird, they probably could've come up with a ton of different names that mean the same thing that don't have the "HotS" abbreviation. And, it's a bit too similar to Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft.

2) The name is just....lame. Sounds like a kiddy thing. Doesn't sound like an expansion name.

3) I don't remember the specific criticism of Mists of Pandaria (I like the name myself), but I'd guess most of the criticism was just people thinking the name "Pandaria" was dumb. If it was "Mists of Panadia" or some non-Panda thing I don't think people would've hated it. But Heroes of the Storm sounds reaaaallllly lame. Mostly the Heroes part, I like "of the Storm." The word "Heroes" just doesn't really sound good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Am I the only one who, if this is indeed an expansion, or another game, is bothered most by the fact that it shares an acronym with Heart of the Swarm?
    Very much so

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope we hear of the new expac soon, fuck dis panda shit. High elves for alliance pl0x

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

i doubt they would rename it a 3rd time and i dont see what heroes of the storm would have to do with a motley crew of blizzard characters
    Why not? Is it anywhere near release at this point? Do we know much about it? (Honest questions.)

Quote Originally Posted by MrWilson View Post
    Nothing registered in Europe so far:

cute but deadly |m|

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

Maybe they will rename it another 2 times and finally find a name that doesn't suck? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Not at all. It bothers me too.
    Last edited by D4NNYB0Y; 2013-09-25 at 07:08 AM.

A physical phone/tablet game?
    You are taking the classification too literally. It's a best fit match, never exact.
    For example, the Hearthstone trademark does not mention "downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs" even though it has publicly announced plans as such. And this new one does.
    The information is too conflicted to rule out any product.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    Why not? Is it anywhere near release at this point? Do we know much about it? (Honest questions.)
    this is everything we know about blizzard all stars. the only reason they renamed it in the first place was because they allowed dota 2 to be made and gave up ownership of the dota title (even though they rightfully owned it)

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Blizzard_All-Stars

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    You are taking the classification too literally. It's a best fit match, never exact.
    For example, the Hearthstone trademark does not mention "downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs" even though it has publicly announced plans as such. And this new one does.
    The information is too conflicted to rule out any product.
    You're grasping at straws if you seriously don't think specifically saying one game will come on a disk and the other will not is vague. It's okay to think it's a physical expansion/CE for a closed beta f2p digital only card game or the same for a f2p friends and family alpha at most MOBA but the evidence there is against that

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.iponz.govt.nz/app/Extra/C...57236771292786

Trademarked today. As far as I'm aware, you cannot submit false applications to the New Zealand trademark office. This is real.

AJ Park is the same man who helped Blizzard file Mists of Pandaria, Reaper of Souls, Hearthstone, etc.

UPDATE:

Hearthstone's description is "9 Computer game software; downloadable computer game software; computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices; interactive multimedia computer game program" because it's digital only. Heroes of the Storm's is "9 Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs." which EXPLICITLY mentions physical versions - which Hearthstone does not have, and the also digital-only Blizzard All-Stars will not have.

There are NO TRADEMARKS for books/toys/etc in NZ. ONLY services and games. As mentioned right before this, there is NO mention for a physical game in Hearthstone's trademark. There is in Heroes of the Storm's. There is no chance this is a Hearthstone related item unless they're planning on releasing a PHYSICAL, boxed expansion for their closed beta DIGITAL ONLY F2P card game.

CATACLYSM TRADEMARKED: July 1st, 2009. Announced two months later at Blizzcon on August 20th. (Entirety of July and majority of August. Much closer to two months than one month.)

MISTS OF PANDARIA TRADEMARKED: August 2nd, 2011. Announced two months later at Blizzcon on October 21st.

HEROES OF THE STORM TRADEMARKED: September 25th, 2013. Possible announcement two months later at Blizzcon on November 8th?
    I guess this explains the Stormcrow mount.