Page 41 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why is my WoWprogress simdps <200k, whereas it's over 250k for some guys with equal or worse gear and same talents ?!

http://www.wowprogress.com/character...rksorrow/Gouca

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    Why is my WoWprogress simdps <200k, whereas it's over 250k for some guys with equal or worse gear and same talents ?!
    Your sims was last updated 15 days ago. Mouse over the number to see details.
    You should use simcraft directly for more reliable results.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...x0l/details/4/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trike/advanced

Here is a warrior who is usually bottom DPS in our raid group. He does about 80% of what the sims show him to do, and compared to his sim, the damage ratios of all his abilities match. My personal theory is that the issue lies somewhere in his CS smash usage, but I don't play a warrior so I don't know much about that. If anyone can figure out what might be the issue, it would be helpful.

First off a training dummy isn't a great way to test dps only for practicing your rotation and even then lacking the 5% crit buff alters the playstyle a little with less RB procs. His bloodbath timing is terrible his 2nd and 3rd are used just when CS is done and missing a 5th one, 2nd reck isn't used when bloodbath is up. He doesn't seem to save RB stacks for CS and doesn't save berserker rage for CS, I doubt he gets many CS with 3x RB. Dragonroar>bladestorm single target.

Make him macro bloodbath into CS if he can't get it to work manually and have him focus on getting more RBs into CS that should help.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    First off a training dummy isn't a great way to test dps only for practicing your rotation and even then lacking the 5% crit buff alters the playstyle a little with less RB procs. His bloodbath timing is terrible his 2nd and 3rd are used just when CS is done and missing a 5th one, 2nd reck isn't used when bloodbath is up. He doesn't seem to save RB stacks for CS and doesn't save berserker rage for CS, I doubt he gets many CS with 3x RB. Dragonroar>bladestorm single target.

Make him macro bloodbath into CS if he can't get it to work manually and have him focus on getting more RBs into CS that should help.
    Surprisingly he actually increased his performance by a noticeable amount after following this suggestions. Thank you a lot, I'll ask him to just sit at a training dummy until he gets it right and understands how to line up his abilities properly.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...joz/details/5/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Jakkhel/simple

I'm a Warrior that is struggling with keeping up with the other people in my raid (at times I can keep up with our WW Monk, but I'm nowhere near most of the others with their cloaks. I know there's a DPS boost with the cloak, but I don't think it's as large as the gaps I see). I'm at 535 ilvl (539 shown because of a 2h weapon) for SMF, I assume I should switch to TG because I have a 530 weapon as well as the 561 that I got recently. I've simmed and it shows about 185k, but I find myself doing less than that on almost every single fight.

My issue is that I just can't seem to do as much as I should do, and I'm far behind most of the people in the group. I have issues with pretty much everything... I think my opener is roughly proper, but I don't actually know now that I've looked at the sticky nor do I know if my general play is right or not (I think I Wild Strike too much, and use Bloodbath/Berserker Rage improperly), but I do think I get a lot of 3 RB CS's. I guess I also don't know how to work in as much damage as possible on all kinds of fights, which I think is more on me than anything else. Could my frequent stance swapping to Defensive be hurting me that much? How often do other Warriors use Defensive Stance for mechanics that hit hard (for example, War Song or Tortos's slam, I would switch to and back after eating the hit)? If the lack of the legendary cloak is as big of a deal as I think it is, I have 11/12 runestones and will most likely be able to get it before my raid next lockout.

I apologize if this isn't enough, but I'm honestly at a loss for why I'm doing so poorly and it's extremely frustrating, as I know that we would be killing bosses faster as we wipe at times at very low percentages. And I also have to learn Arms, as there are a number of fights that are beneficial for it, and I do want to learn the spec (I find it pretty fun as well). I wouldn't be so frustrated with my poor performance if they weren't also on fights Fury does better on as well.

On nazgrim you're running after adds which drops your dps significantly. We did it with 4 ranged on adds 2 melee on the boss but I guess you have to with 3 melee. I took your Iron juggernaut kill this week as it's nice single target http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...?s=4046&e=4409. You used 4 bloodbaths instead of 6, 2 dragonroars instead of 6, only 2 berserker rage instead of 8-9, no potions used??

Looking at your opener you used dragonroar 20 secs into the fight when bloodbath has fallen off and since you had a feather proc your opener should look like this BT-CS-RB-BT-RB-RB-dragonroar(should be at 10 stacks at this point).

The legendary cloak is about ~20k dps so that's nice, defensive stance isn't a significant loss if you switch quickly depending if you can easily survive berserker stance is an option. Don't worry about defensive stance just focus on bloodbath and make sure you use a DR in every BB, and then more bererker rage and potions to fix your dps. Stormbolt is better for TG btw specially once you get the trinket from Galakras. Arms is really nice specially once you get the new 2set.

On nazgrim you're running after adds which drops your dps significantly. We did it with 4 ranged on adds 2 melee on the boss but I guess you have to with 3 melee. I took your Iron juggernaut kill this week as it's nice single target http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...?s=4046&e=4409. You used 4 bloodbaths instead of 6, 2 dragonroars instead of 6, only 2 berserker rage instead of 8-9, no potions used??

Looking at your opener you used dragonroar 20 secs into the fight when bloodbath has fallen off and since you had a feather proc your opener should look like this BT-CS-RB-BT-RB-RB-dragonroar(should be at 10 stacks at this point).

The legendary cloak is about ~20k dps so that's nice, defensive stance isn't a significant loss if you switch quickly depending if you can easily survive berserker stance is an option. Don't worry about defensive stance just focus on bloodbath and make sure you use a DR in every BB, and then more bererker rage and potions to fix your dps. Stormbolt is better for TG btw specially once you get the trinket from Galakras. Arms is really nice specially once you get the new 2set.
    I was a little worried about the Shaman healing the boss, and I didn't want to hit the boss while he may have Earth Shield up (that was a problem before, as our Ele Shaman didn't notice until the boss had gotten significant heals from it). I try to let the ranged deal with the whirlwinding mobs, but I wanted to help with the Rogues, Mages, and Shaman. I'm not sure if I should try to focus more on staying on the boss, though. I could ask the raid leader.

I recently went from default UI to a large amount of addons, so it's a bit of an adjustment. However, I am very bad with leaving Dragon Roar/Bloodbath on cooldown and not using potions (I hadn't noticed for a while that my previous potion keybind was now Vigilance), and I need to learn how to use them on CD more. I suppose I should also tie in the feather/talisman proc into my TellMeWhen, as I just... ignore it. I thought that was fine but I didn't realize just how bad my timings were until I tried to examine why I do so poorly. I'll make sure I work to monitoring these and getting timings down, now that I know exactly what I need to improve. I'm shocked that I just leave Bloodbath/Berserker Rage/DR available for so long, I just never looked at it.

I'll also switch to Stormbolt for TG as well, I'll try and weave that in if I can find the best places to put it. I don't have the Galakras trinket yet, but I did pick up my tier gloves just yesterday (sadly, replacing my perfectly itemized gloves). Thanks a bunch for your help and giving me exactly what I need to imrpove on!

10+ Year Old Account
    I started getting pieces here and there From Siege of Orgrimmar and currently feel like my dps is lower even though I have better gear. I have less optimization I would guess from my Heroic ToT gear that might be causing the issue but I really feel like I could be pushing it more.

I end up holding SB sometimes when CS has like 5 secs left to go and idk if I should be doing that or not. If my feather proc'd I def save it for the last 2 sec. My burst also went from 800K+ with 4piece T15 to around 600k now with 2P T16 and 2p15.

My armory and logs are in my signature. Iron Jugg/Malkorok are the main fights I am talking about for this. For Arms I might just not be used to it but I feel like I can def do more on like Galakras/Protectors. I might just need a dps tuned up but any advise would be appreciated.

Deleted
    Since the old weapon thread is all gone I am going to ask my weapon question here. I have been running with Qons Flaming Scimtar (543) and Shellsplitter Greataxe (536) in offhand and got my hands on Greatsword of Prides Fall (548) and have an Uroe, Harbringer of terror (510) for an offhand. So my question is which weapon setup is going to grant be with the better dps? Going with DR/stormbolt talents for single-target.

Darkfiend, u halpp me do bettar deeps pls? I really bad and need helps. You know where find me! kthx
    Ex top 20 world Warrior. Now casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagittary View Post
    Darkfiend, u halpp me do bettar deeps pls? I really bad and need helps. You know where find me! kthx
    it'll cost u. abut tree fidy.

First racechange to giblin.

Can't post logs not sure if we're suppose to share those so i only have a few videos. I'm having a really hard time trying to do good dps on nazgrim.
    As fury
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKAGpANDB48
    as arms
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvsm0-AaiOo

I tried arms first but I failed at it so hard I switched back to fury.

Armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../galvin/simple
    Last edited by galvin; 2013-09-27 at 05:33 AM.

You barely give yourself the opportunity to cleave as arms, stay on/near the boss and cleave everything that gets close only switching for shamans? Maybe have the assasins/mages on top of the boss(like in the fury vid). I feel like the 2set is almost mandatory for arms cleave feels just so much better with it. Gemming on your gloves 200 strength vs 160 crit?

Fury might be the better spec for the fight specially if you single target the adds so much. You don't seem to heroic leap much and for the heroic shockwave from the boss just move on top of the tank so the boss comes to you? You seem to loose a bit of uptime on those heroic shockwaves.
    Last edited by bigbad; 2013-09-27 at 09:30 AM.

You barely give yourself the opportunity to cleave as arms, stay on/near the boss and cleave everything that gets close only switching for shamans? Maybe have the assasins/mages on top of the boss(like in the fury vid). I feel like the 2set is almost mandatory for arms cleave feels just so much better with it. Gemming on your gloves 200 strength vs 160 crit?

Fury might be the better spec for the fight specially if you single target the adds so much. You don't seem to heroic leap much and for the heroic shockwave from the boss just move on top of the tank so the boss comes to you? You seem to loose a bit of uptime on those heroic shockwaves.
    The gemming is wrong, did some quick math on it.

Well the shaman has to die asap. So its single targeted. When the other adds come in I switch off to those. Where suppose to kill mage and shaman, and ironblade. We do a disarm rotation on ironblade. But if adds get close to boss then I switch off to them so they'll die faster. Heroic shockwave is just really hard to know where it'll strike. There is a ground animation prior to the fire. But its extremely hard to see. I only leap out of heroic shockwave if I can't run out fast enough. I want to make as much distance between the boss and my self so I don't get hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    Can't post logs not sure if we're suppose to share those so i only have a few videos. I'm having a really hard time trying to do good dps on nazgrim.
    As fury
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKAGpANDB48
    as arms
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvsm0-AaiOo

I tried arms first but I failed at it so hard I switched back to fury.

Armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../galvin/simple
    Can you tell me what your opening priority is as fury? Because the video makes you seem confused as to even what to press during a cs.

And Bloodbath, why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well BB is better in any AoE situation where you use BS, but since he's DR/TG he should be using SB.

I think I still have you on btag galvin just hit me up in game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Well BB is better in any AoE situation where you use BS, but since he's DR/TG he should be using SB.

I think I still have you on btag galvin just hit me up in game.
    Basically precisely my point. There is no aoe situation. The adds aren't in an AoE able situation. And even then unless you're reliably AoE'ing every 40 seconds or so you're not getting bloodbath's use properly anyway.

But that's not even it. ONE raging blow in the entire opener?

There were multiple raging blows used in the opener. Been playing fury a long time. We just don't burst as high on the opener.
    White/grey bar is raging blow charges, grey means 1 charge, white means 2 charges. I tried stormbolt didn't like the feel of it not lining up. Waiting to get trinket. But I doubt stormbolt is holding me back by 50k more or more dps. Looks like my 2pc kicked in giving me an extra raging blow during the start.

I did try stormbolt a few weeks ago didn't seem to hit all that hard. Maybe just bad luck.

I think I need to cleave more but the constant running out really hurts. But better than getting hit and dying.
    Last edited by galvin; 2013-09-28 at 05:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hiii, so...I've been having issues with fury.
    I'm 537 ilevel with two 561 weps...and I just can't seem to pull out the numbers I feel I should.(Armory(Especially compared to another warrior in my guild who is similarly geared)

I've been reading guides, watching videos, testing myself...and I just have so much trouble.
    Here's a log of a recent Flex...(I bugged on IJ and couldn't attack at all :s)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...2m/details/20/ (I'm Milolady)

I feel like I'm doing things right, which is making me want to pull out my hair in frustration. I know my itemization isn't the greatest(Only been 90 for around a month and a half now), but I shouldn't be consistantly 20-30k behind another warrior with only 1 ilevel higher(And a 548 offhand)...right?

Any help with what I could be doing wrong would be a godsend ;-;
    Last edited by seam; 2013-10-01 at 02:14 PM.