Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Hardly - there's really nothing here that could kill a tank other than a high stack calamity which is very predictable and we have plenty of cds for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you don't have enough interrupts for Gloom I really can't see why you wouldn't put the Rook tank on Misery. (heck I even tanked Gloom+Misery on our first attempts when we only had 1 melee anyway)
    => Rook tank tanks Misery on top of the priestess to cleave/interrupt her.
    => DPS takes Gloom and pulls him to Sorrow (that thing really doesn't hit for anything)
    And then your He tank has no adds but can't be in melee anyways cause noxious poison. But you have a dps tanking an add...

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    And then your He tank has no adds but can't be in melee anyways cause noxious poison. But you have a dps tanking an add...
    So...?
    That way you have less damage on the He tank, more damage done by the Rook tank (because that gloom thing gives next to no vengeance) and well some 100k hits every 2 seconds on the dps tanking him (woopdeedoo)

Also He tank not in melee range?!

Deleted
    So...?
    That way you have less damage on the He tank, more damage done by the Rook tank (because that gloom thing gives next to no vengeance) and well some 100k hits every 2 seconds on the dps tanking him (woopdeedoo)

Also He tank not in melee range?!
    Can't be in melee range of the other mobs since he drops poison puddles.

You should move He into melee for cleave when he swaps to Instant though and back out the instant you see Noxious and you will never drop poison in melee(helps on 10h, def not needed on 25h)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    You should move He into melee for cleave when he swaps to Instant though and back out the instant you see Noxious and you will never drop poison in melee(helps on 10h, def not needed on 25h)
    well obviously. But the point simply was that half the time you have noxious in that part of the fight so you can't reliably get in melee anyways.

And how does that stop you from attacking He?

Generally i picked up gloom as a he tank and just non stop back peddling to deal with puddles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Generally i picked up gloom as a he tank and just non stop back peddling to deal with puddles.
    off topic. how'd you end up with protection legs and ret gloves ? o.o

off topic. how'd you end up with protection legs and ret gloves ? o.o
    Forgeting to switch loot spec to prot when i killed celestials . And gms telling me to gently fuck myself when asked to switch to prot ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Forgeting to switch loot spec to prot when i killed celestials . And gms telling me to gently fuck myself when asked to switch to prot ones.
    :/ although there's not much GMs can really do about that.

Deleted
    Hey guys!

I have one more question, last time i got some great answers ;-)

How much does haste outweight mastery/dodge/parry?

Thanks!

:/ although there's not much GMs can really do about that.
    Apparently depends on GM, some of them have been known to switch items like that (tier vs tier).

Quote Originally Posted by NesloAkaSpoon View Post
    Hey guys!

I have one more question, last time i got some great answers ;-)

How much does haste outweight mastery/dodge/parry?

Thanks!
    Large enough that on same ilvl haste + anything > dodge/parry item

Small enough that if difference is this tier vs next you should go for next tier.

Matter of preference imo.

Just some rough guidelines:
    higher armor (generally from ilvl) >= gem slot >> haste on item >> exp/mastery/(hit) > crit/parry/dodge
    14+ ilvl req: haste + mastery/exp ring/neck/(cloak) vs parry/dodge with less socket slots
    13 ilvl req: haste + mastery/exp item vs parry/dodge item
    8+ ilvl req: either crit or overcapped hit on the haste item or exp/mastery on the avoidance item
    <8 ilvl req: badly itemized haste item (like the awfully low haste on Lei Shen legs) vs a really well itemized non-haste item (high exp and/or mastery....)
    ~same ilvl : Extra socket on a ring/neck/(cloak) like the trash/twins necks in ToT.

Deleted
    Just some rough guidelines:
    higher armor (generally from ilvl) >= gem slot >> haste on item >> exp/mastery/(hit) > crit/parry/dodge
    14+ ilvl req: haste + mastery/exp ring/neck/(cloak) vs parry/dodge with less socket slots
    13 ilvl req: haste + mastery/exp item vs parry/dodge item
    8+ ilvl req: either crit or overcapped hit on the haste item or exp/mastery on the avoidance item
    <8 ilvl req: badly itemized haste item (like the awfully low haste on Lei Shen legs) vs a really well itemized non-haste item (high exp and/or mastery....)
    ~same ilvl : Extra socket on a ring/neck/(cloak) like the trash/twins necks in ToT.

Very usefully post!

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I can't do the maths right now because I'm way too hungover but as you said, the aim is to get as much haste as possible up until the cap whilst keeping hit cap and as much exp as you feel comfortable running with. It's simple as that. Doesn't matter what the other stats are, as long as it's a haste upgrade. Really that simple. If these gloves have crit on them or dodge or spirit then it does not matter in the slightest - get the one that gives you the most haste.

The whole Crit/Mastery thing comes into it when you hit the haste cap at which point you can get either Crit or Mastery as your next stat. Both are good, just depends which you want. Both are good for throughput, one is offensive the other defensive. I don't know about if there is a definitive winner now with the EF change and our set bonus.
    Wait wait wait, is this accurate? Should I equip a 491 intel/spirit/stam/haste ring over a 524 str/stam/dodge/parry ring if I can still reach Hit/Exp cap?
    Last edited by Frostcrest; 2013-09-27 at 05:56 PM. Reason: added ilvls

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostcrest View Post
    Wait wait wait, is this accurate? Should I equip a 491 intel/spirit/stam/haste ring over a 524 str/stam/dodge/parry ring if I can still reach Hit/Exp cap?
    491 and 524 is quite a big jump so probably not. Depends a bit on the exact stats. A int/haste/mastery ring would obviously be better than one with spirit.

It both rings was the same item level I would prefer the int/haste/x vs str/dodge/parry. Presuming no sockets aswell.

But I would probably take a 524 ring over a 491 ring regardless of stats just due to the stamina increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    491 and 524 is quite a big jump so probably not. Depends a bit on the exact stats. A int/haste/mastery ring would obviously be better than one with spirit.

It both rings was the same item level I would prefer the int/haste/x vs str/dodge/parry. Presuming no sockets aswell.

But I would probably take a 524 ring over a 491 ring regardless of stats just due to the stamina increase.
    Alright, that makes me feel better. Also I've been looking at the top 10 alliance paladin tanks for my server (Emerald Dream) on wow-heroes. On AMR, Alacrity of Xuen +8 is very very highly rated, yet no tank above me is using it. Is the CD on the proc so long that it makes it unattractive for tanking?

I have terrible trinket luck, finally got a good one last night. I have Orders of Lei Shen LFR, Juggernaut Focusing +8, and Lao-Chen. Would rather save valor of upgrades than buying the 1.1k trink.

Tried linking, but not enough posts done. I'm Phillipuh on Emerald Dream.

It's probably a combination of the coin cost, and the fact that it's just a str trinket with a 115 ICD haste proc @ 15% proc chance. There are other better options for trinkets available to raiders of normal/heroic variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostcrest View Post
    Alright, that makes me feel better. Also I've been looking at the top 10 alliance paladin tanks for my server (Emerald Dream) on wow-heroes. On AMR, Alacrity of Xuen +8 is very very highly rated, yet no tank above me is using it. Is the CD on the proc so long that it makes it unattractive for tanking?

I have terrible trinket luck, finally got a good one last night. I have Orders of Lei Shen LFR, Juggernaut Focusing +8, and Lao-Chen. Would rather save valor of upgrades than buying the 1.1k trink.

Tried linking, but not enough posts done. I'm Phillipuh on Emerald Dream.
    It's possibly because nobody can be bothered farming up 50,000 coins. And there are much better trinkets in LFR/Flex/NH/HC SoO.

Has anyone gotten a BoA weapon from Garrosh yet? I am trying to get a 100% confirmation on if the weapon drops based on the spec you killed him in or if it goes by your loot specialization? I have had nothing but speculation on this so far, nothing concrete. Has anyone here killed in in prot with ret selected and gotten a 2h?