Thread: What to do???

Deleted

What to do???

ok so i played wow for my first time last week and have been playing most days since. i have upgraded from the start to MOP. i have levelled up to 24 so far by just questing but what else can i do? its getting so boring just questing on my own. i picked a realm with high amount of players in and hardly ever see anyone. just the odd lonely guy running around questing like i am. so what other things can i do? and how? and where is everyone? i have tried reading in the beginners section on the wow forums but nothing!

All hope is not lost... GET OUT NOW!! While you still can!

That aside... queue for some dungeons, be friendly and meet people. Don't be discouraged if half of them are asshats, you will meet some nice people along the way eventually. The game is much more fun with the mmo element.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there are probably a lot of leveling guilds...many advertising in Stormwind (or Orgrimmar) that you can join that level as groups.

You have unlocked the dungeon finder feature by level 24, if you press the "I" button it should open up an interface where you can queue up for the dungeons, its an alternative to questing but not without its pitfalls.

1) People might not have patience to play with an inexperienced player if they are trying to level an alt character super fast. Explain that you are new to the game at the start of the runs and at least they will either a) understand your situation b) Give you a hint or tip (or even gold and gear if they are nice and believe you're new ) c) kick you immediately. Of course c) isn't ideal but at least you save yourself from it happening 10 minutes in and wasting your time.

2) People can be dickheads. If you've not had much interaction with other players yet, then brace yourself, it is a shame to have to say it but such is the situation with mots online games.

3) You might die, get lost, lose track, accidently pull lots of mobs and cause the group to all die. This is pretty natural for new players so don't worry about it just yeah, be aware that the environment is designed to be riskier than in the outside world, so don't be too hasty when exploring

Questing is essentially faster if done rapidly, but like you, I find it massively boring sometimes. The dungeons are an alternative.

There is also PvP - the battleground queue system ("H" button) but thats gonna be a lot rougher, so you'll be at the mercy of whether you get a good team as to whether you win and losing doesn't get you experience very quickly
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can use the dungeon finder tool.. .
    Or PvP in Battlegrounds, although not as efficient.
    I like juice

Deleted
    thanks guys for such a quick reply. i will give some of your ideas a go . really appreciate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by christbear View Post
    thanks guys for such a quick reply. i will give some of your ideas a go . really appreciate it.
    You could also post in this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tner-Post-here!

Give your battletag (google Battletag for more info) where you can group up cross-realm with other new players to level together in a group!

Deleted
    ok well i gave my first dungeon a go and loved it, didnt do great but really enjoyed it and got some good exp. thank you i think this will keep me occupied for a while again .

10+ Year Old Account
    Professions, achievements, that pet battle stuff, dungeons as suggested... I don't think it's uncommon that some start/early level areas might be kinda quiet since higher people often don't have much reason to return, you'll prob start running into more people in the world after a bit and get on toward the busier cities/places.

Quote Originally Posted by christbear View Post
    ok so i played wow for my first time last week and have been playing most days since. i have upgraded from the start to MOP. i have levelled up to 24 so far by just questing but what else can i do? its getting so boring just questing on my own. i picked a realm with high amount of players in and hardly ever see anyone. just the odd lonely guy running around questing like i am. so what other things can i do? and how? and where is everyone? i have tried reading in the beginners section on the wow forums but nothing!
    This doesn't sound like a post from someone playing for the first time. At all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Once you played one MMO, you've played them all. And WoW isn't exactly a difficult game to pick up and understand if you've ever played games before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    i dont really see why i would lie :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi christbear,

Welcome to World of Warcraft and MMO-Champion community
    If you want to do something else besides questing, there are a LOT, really, things you can do:
    1) Pet Battles! You can go out in the world, capture pets (small creatures) by battling against them. Then you can battle against other players or against NPC pet battle trainers!
    More info: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/pet-battles/
    2) In game events! Those are really interesting and they only happen certain times a year so if an event is up do not miss your chance to participate! Currently, there is a Brewfest going. You can participate in events at any level
    More on events: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/events/
    3) Player versus Players. If you want some action against players, you can queue for battlegrounds. But be careful here, as a new player there will be some opponents with much better items than you (Heirlooms) so they will prove to be a difficult challenge
    More on PvP: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/events/
    4) Role playing. Maybe it is not your thing, maybe you never tried. You could look around for a guild or some heavy RP areas.
    5) Proffesions!
    a. Fishing, you can fish even at level 1 Some people enjoy it, you could try that.
    b. Cooking. There are some 'fun' things you can cook, like a fish that transforms how you look
    c. Archeology. If you want to know more about WoW lore, this is the best thing to occupy your time, plus you can get some really cool items.
    6) Making gold! If you are interesting in being a millionaire (or billionaire, aim big hehe) you can always go and 'play' the Auctionhouse. Best start is to get mining/herbalist/skinning and just gather mats and sell on AH. Later you can move on.

Probably more things I forgot, but these should get you started
    Good hunting.
    Last edited by Cyrops; 2013-09-26 at 08:32 AM.
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest thing to avoid while leveling is joining a heavy raiding guild, most of us in them are a bit hardened and don't want to help too much.
    So not much of a chance of a leveling partner there.

Instances are a fun way to level if you need the companionship some want.
    I like questing even today and I played from start of WoW.

If you're just accepting quest and running with it, it does get boring very fast.
    Read the quest text and don't be afraid of going off the normal path they do have some quests hidden around maps even mob drops.

And I see pet battles were mentioned.
    They are a lot of fun I have close to 500 pets now and you can get decent XP doing them as you go.