Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This could be also the name for Blizzard Allstars.
    You know there are the Sons of the Storm! See: sonsofthestorm(dot)com
    Its a group of the most important artist of blizzard, you see, a blizzard is some kind of a storm..

Heroes of the Storm = Heroes of the Blizzard = Blizzard Allstars
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2013-09-26 at 10:09 AM.

I just don't think it has anything to do with WoW at all.

It's trademark filing made specific mention of things like tablets, whereas the expansions never have that in it's listing. The name really doesn't fit with anything we know of in the established setting. While I still am very firm in my belief that the Dark Below is fake, seeing as nobody owns the trademark for that nor is anybody in the process of attempting to register it, I have to say that 'The Dark Below' sounds a lot more like an expansion than 'Heroes of the Storm'.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    This could be also the name for Blizzard Allstars.
    You know there are the Sons of the Storm! See: sonsofthestorm(dot)com
    Its a group of the most important artist of blizzard, you see, a blizzard is some kind of a storm..

Heroes of the Storm = Heroes of the Blizzard = Blizzard Allstars
    This is what makes the most sense to me. If they want their moba to be taken seriously, it really needed a better name than 'Blizzard All-Stars' which reeked of their hubris. While I can't say for certain, I've heared murmurings of people allegedly with sources within Blizzard stating we'd see All-Stars in some incarnation again this year, so I guess it's only a matter of time now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeyprime View Post
    The first thing I think of when I hear "Heroes of the Storm" is the Stormrage novel because of the speculation I have read about the Fey Drake and Storm Crow mounts maybe pointing to an Emerald Dream Expansion. So it could be very possibly the next expansion somehow relating to Azshara, The Emerald Dream and N'Zoth.

Just some crazy speculation on my part. =P
    what about N'Zoth body imprisoned on the bottom of the ocean by the Titans and his mind imprisoned in coma somewhere in Emerald Dream? for example in Rift of Aln?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    Because of the large number of fans that play all of blizzards title's not just one.

I dont think I know a single WoW player who hasnt or doesnt play Starcraft.
    Pretty sure I haven't played any other Blizzard titles outside of the Warcraft series, no Starcraft, DOTA, etc. so I'm fine with it's acronym HotS, it's fine But I'm pretty sure it isn't the new WoW expansion, and we'll find out in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield...09:m64ium.2.16

This is a trade mark for blizzard all stars
    FYI links to searches on that site don't really work so add screenshots or search terms or something.

Deleted
    Like I previously said, heroes of the storm has the same abbreviation as heart of the swarm which is sc2 expansion which is also blizzard product

it is highly unlikely blizzard would give same kind of name for different games

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heroes of the Storm has a sense of patriotism that dones't really fit with previous expansion titles. TBC, WotLK and Cata were hinting at the destruction of the enemies featured throughout the expansion. MoP seems more mysterious and exploration-based. I'd prefer The Dark Below.

Deleted
    I would hate that name, simply because its abbreviation would be HotS, and that is already used by Heart of the Swarm.

( Use the "Back" button of the Internet Browser to return to TESS)

Word Mark BLIZZARD ALL-STARS
    Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software, computer game discs, computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices, interactive multimedia computer game program
    IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games, providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network, providing online news and information in the field of computer games

Standard Characters Claimed
    Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
    Serial Number 85770099
    Filing Date November 2, 2012
    Current Basis 1B
    Original Filing Basis 1B
    Published for Opposition May 14, 2013
    Owner (APPLICANT) Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 16215 Alton Parkway Irvine CALIFORNIA 92618
    Attorney of Record Rod A. Rigole
    Prior Registrations 2410749;2490187;2492072;AND OTHERS
    Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
    Register PRINCIPAL
    Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    Actually I like the name as an expansion title. It just works for me.
    I also like it, but it doesn't feel like a proper expansion name.

It fills me with fantasies of some sort of cool Lightning theme with a new class that does Lightning/Wind based attacks (different than a Shaman or Druid) but I think IoT/ToT pretty much beat that theme to death.

Unless a new trade mark shows up and is real then this more and likely the next expansion

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Snip

Why not just make a post saying "Infracted me, I'm a fucktard!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    Unless a new trade mark shows up and is real then this more and likely the next expansion

We going to play this expansion on mobile devices?

We going to play this expansion on mobile devices?[/QUOTE]

Could be for mobile pet battles who knows with blizzard they come with crazy crap to do

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna say Warcraft 4. JK

I think it's an addition to Heartstone. Not necessarily an expansion pack.
    Last edited by ojg; 2013-09-26 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the irony is that given past expansion leaks (including a very detailed and prominent one on this site a few years ago), you have to assume the usual suspects know what is coming, but no longer have freedom or motivation to post it.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    the irony is that given past expansion leaks (including a very detailed and prominent one on this site a few years ago), you have to assume the usual suspects know what is coming, but no longer have freedom or motivation to post it.
    Yes yes be nice if they would

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay this has gone on long enough. Im casting my vote for it being the official name of Blizzard All-Stars.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Okay this has gone on long enough. Im casting my vote for it being the official name of Blizzard All-Stars.

Blizzard all stars is the official name.

Word Mark BLIZZARD ALL-STARS
    Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software, computer game discs, computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices, interactive multimedia computer game programIC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games, providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network, providing online news and information in the field of computer games
    Standard Characters Claimed
    Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
    Serial Number 85770099
    Filing Date November 2, 2012
    Current Basis 1B
    Original Filing Basis 1B
    Published for Opposition May 14, 2013
    Owner (APPLICANT) Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 16215 Alton Parkway Irvine CALIFORNIA 92618
    Attorney of Record Rod A. Rigole
    Prior Registrations 2410749;2490187;2492072;AND OTHERS
    Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
    Register PRINCIPAL
    Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    Most of the major fan sites have a positive relationship with Blizzard that they don't want to put in jeopardy. Even if we discount potential legal action, they do get perks like invites to press tours and free beta keys that would go out the window in a heartbeat if they were to post a major leak.

In general they'll discuss things leaked by someone else, but they aren't going to post any inside information they may have access too. I know WoW Insider at least got a lot of MoP information two weeks before the expansion was announced, but they didn't even let on that they had the information.

Overall though, "Heroes of the Storm" doesn't feel like an expansion name to me, but ultimately I think I'll file it along with "The Dark Below" in the "I have no idea" category.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.