Poll: Does this excite you?

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I used to be a major supporter of the "Bring back Alleria and Turalyon" campaign.

However, Cataclysm did something that the game world DESPERATELY needed; the introduction of new Heroes with some good depth. Many of these characters stories ended inconclusively, giving them the potential to expand on them later. *These* are the characters we need to be interested in.

Ultimately, Turalyon was a young human in Warcraft 2. Assuming he isn't in some bizarre, stasis state - he would now be quite old. Alleria may be immune to that trope, but the only real point for Turalyon coming back would be to act as a Heroic Sacrifice type character.

Thus I believe that bringing these characters back will not live up to players self-inflated view of how they should be by now. Wouldn't we be happier in that self-developed knowledge that those characters ended up happy and met the ending worthy of their sacrifices?

Perhaps the children of the two would make interesting characters?
    wouldnt be THAT old...i mean people that fought arthas are still around, and the scourge invasion of quel thalas didnt happen too long after turalyon and alleria's disappearance
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    wouldnt be THAT old...i mean people that fought arthas are still around, and the scourge invasion of quel thalas didnt happen too long after turalyon and alleria's disappearance
    2012-09-26
    Sir that post is 1 year old to the day.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Doesn't confirm a thing. Also video is gone.

Although i definitely don't mind a Burning-Legion xpac, for the love of good NO REVAMPS!!!! Outland revamp = sub loss guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    you necroed a 1 year old thread, man.
    Sorry, I thought the last post was in September of this year.

I am proud to know that I was the one that originally killed this thread.

They may have plans for them... at the end of the expansion to set up for 2 expansions from now. So we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    Sorry, I thought the last post was in September of this year.
    No you didn't. The likely scenario is that you looked for a thread that was last dated 1 year ago, and found a doozy of one. The only way you could come across this thread is if you searched specifically for this thread, as Turalyon and Alleria bring up many other posts before this one
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

I love the connection the Windrunner sisters have and it'd be nice if they communicated more. Very interesting lore.

My vote is on Turalyon and Alleria becoming neutral though; much like Tirion (who fought with Turalyon before he was sentenced for treason), they'd be the "Screw your Horde and Alliance, get your shit together. We've got the Legion to kill!" type, just like Tirion was with Scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I dread them being made neutral. But Blizzard/Metzen did at the very least note that they realised people disliked Thrall going neutral, so I see that as a good sign at the very least.

I would be devastated though if Turalyon went neutral.
    To be fair, Turalyon and Alleria have no reason to be a part of the modern Alliance as it has little in common with the Alliance they were members of (basically just the kingdom of Stormwind and now possibly Dalaran - which until recently was also neutral. Notably Silvermoon is a Horde city now). Similarly they have no reason to hate the Horde since it is in no way connected to the Horde that they fought.

When you get right down to it the new Horde and Alliance have no reason to fight each other at all post-Warcraft III, other than people on both sides being idiots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I used to be a major supporter of the "Bring back Alleria and Turalyon" campaign.

However, Cataclysm did something that the game world DESPERATELY needed; the introduction of new Heroes with some good depth. Many of these characters stories ended inconclusively, giving them the potential to expand on them later. *These* are the characters we need to be interested in.

Ultimately, Turalyon was a young human in Warcraft 2. Assuming he isn't in some bizarre, stasis state - he would now be quite old. Alleria may be immune to that trope, but the only real point for Turalyon coming back would be to act as a Heroic Sacrifice type character.

Thus I believe that bringing these characters back will not live up to players self-inflated view of how they should be by now. Wouldn't we be happier in that self-developed knowledge that those characters ended up happy and met the ending worthy of their sacrifices?

Perhaps the children of the two would make interesting characters?
    We met their son in Hellfire Peninsula back in TBC. He did precisely nothing.

Beyond the Dark Portal was 8 years after the first war. MoP is 29 years. Assuming time passed at the same rate wherever they are, they're 21 years older. If Turalyon was in his 20s or 30s, he'd be in his 40s or 50s now. Not that old :P

Source

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Wish they would have gone with this isntead of pandas. Was probably their original idea until marketing interfered.
    Marketing what?

They went with Pandaren because it's the number one most requested new race since Vanilla. Blame the playerbase if you hate them so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I would be devastated though if Turalyon went neutral.
    Turalyon wouldn't be neutral, but he wouldn't be an enemy of the Horde. During the second war, while Alleria and Danath both wanted to exterminate the Orcs, Turalyon himself did not approve of it. To quote from Beyond The Dark Portal the book,

“Oof!” He stumbled forward, so lost in thought that he hadn’t seen the pair of children until they’d slammed into him.
    “Sorry, mister!” the boy cried. The girl gazed up at him with solemn brown eyes. Turalyon smiled and patted her hair as he spoke to the boy.
    “With an attack like that you’ll make a fine soldier one day,” he said.
    “Oh yes, sir, I hope so, sir! You think all the orcs will be dead before I’m old enough to kill them?”
    Turalyon's smile faltered. “I’m sure you’ll be able to serve the Alliance well,” he said, evading the question. Revenge. The fiery need and anger it kindled in the heart had cost Turalyon someone he loved. He would say nothing to foster racial hatred in a child.
    Turalyon felt a shiver run down his spine. “Alleria,” he began, pitching his voice low, “you’re talking genocide.”
    The smile that curved her lips was a cruel one. “It is only genocide when those being slain are people. This is nothing more than exterminating vermin.”
    He realized with a shock that she honestly believed her words. She really didn’t see the orcs as sentient people. She saw them as abominations, as monsters, as . . . rats. Turalyon knew he had slain his fair share of them--had done so at times with great anger in his heart at what they had done to his people. But this . . . Alleria didn’t want justice. She didn’t want the orcs to pay for the crimes they had committed, she wanted to hurt them. To exterminate an entire race, if she could.
    Turalyon does not fight to destroy the Horde. He fights to uphold justice. And if he saw that the New Horde also fought to uphold justice(as shown by their rallying behind Vol'jin to take down Garrosh and stop his desire to exterminate all races beyond Orcs), he would ally with them in a greater war against the Legion, as old racial hatreds are not something he wants to follow, but instead the pursuit of the greater good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although this is a year old thread...is it true? Like, was it confirmed Turalyon and Alleria are coming back next expansion? If so...pretty obvious it will be a Burning Legion Expansion.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL it went that many pages before someone told people its a year old? Man i don't even check mmo too often and it was obvious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by queberts View Post
    LOL it went that many pages before someone told people its a year old? Man i don't even check mmo too often and it was obvious
    He got told on the first reply...and it's only been one page anyway.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

10+ Year Old Account
    So is Alleria from Alliance? I googled some images and they were all of a Blood Elf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post
    Although this is a year old thread...is it true? Like, was it confirmed Turalyon and Alleria are coming back next expansion? If so...pretty obvious it will be a Burning Legion Expansion.
    Burning Legion without Sargeras? Yea highly unlikely.
    It could be that next expansion LAST PATCH is something like "Turalyon and Alleria coming back to warn about imminent Burning Legion invasion with Sargeras leading the charge". Or something like that.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulBlithe View Post
    I love the connection the Windrunner sisters have and it'd be nice if they communicated more. Very interesting lore.

My vote is on Turalyon and Alleria becoming neutral though; much like Tirion (who fought with Turalyon before he was sentenced for treason), they'd be the "Screw your Horde and Alliance, get your shit together. We've got the Legion to kill!" type, just like Tirion was with Scourge.
    Except it doesn't make a goddamn lick of sense from the lore, because Tirion was from the outset a neutral party, he gave quests to everyone. Meanwhile, Turalyon is a Priest who became a Paladin from his realization that Orcs are aliens and an abomination on this world. And Alleria is even worse, her whole schtick is that she's hell-bent on revenge because the Orcs killed everyone she ever knew. She singlehandedly killed an entire Orc clan, for heaven's sake!

If they're neutral it's entirely an ass-pull from Metzen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Except it doesn't make a goddamn lick of sense from the lore, because Tirion was from the outset a neutral party, he gave quests to everyone. Meanwhile, Turalyon is a Priest who became a Paladin from his realization that Orcs are aliens and an abomination on this world. And Alleria is even worse, her whole schtick is that she's hell-bent on revenge because the Orcs killed everyone she ever knew. She singlehandedly killed an entire Orc clan, for heaven's sake!

If they're neutral it's entirely an ass-pull from Metzen.
    Still she put Quel'thalas before anything else, I can see her joining the Alliance, trying to get Quel'thalas back in, or turning "neutral" insulting troll and orc players in her gossip text.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Still she put Quel'thalas before anything else, I can see her joining the Alliance, trying to get Quel'thalas back in, or turning "neutral" insulting troll and orc players in her gossip text.
    I'm not seeing her being pleased with what's happened (what's been allowed to happen) with Quel'thalas, honestly. Sunwell's back up, sure. But there's a giant hole in it and there are magic zombie junkies everywhere, pirates are invading, and half the place is Plagued...the steward of Quel'thalas is in for some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    No you didn't. The likely scenario is that you looked for a thread that was last dated 1 year ago, and found a doozy of one. The only way you could come across this thread is if you searched specifically for this thread, as Turalyon and Alleria bring up many other posts before this one
    O-kay? Try to act like you know what my intentions were, then.

I looked up Alleria and Turalyon in Google and came across this thread. It said September, so I thought it was of this year. Again, sorry.

I see Alleria having a strong bias against the Horde like before. Even with the Blood elves on the other side, I think Alleria understands better than anyone that before the Scourge invasion the High elves were jerks to their human allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    So is Alleria from Alliance? I googled some images and they were all of a Blood Elf.
    Don't google images, google facts. Facts like:
    http://wowpedia.org/Alleria_Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by High General Turalyon View Post
    BlizzplanetMost of all, it means that the Alliance will get back the hero from the Second War who at this point is probably the greatest living hero of the Alliance and the best card they have in their deck.

Anyway.
    The Windrunner sisters are working together. Turalyon, therefore, is a neutral guy now, helping to stabilize the planet vs a Burning Legion attack.