Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    I dunno, they would have lawyers on retainer so I'd think they'd be paid the same regardless of a little additional workload. Even if they were, I doubt it would take more than an hour or two for a competent trademark lawyer to fill out 2 US trademark apps and submit 1 app to the OHIM, especially when you consider it all would have been done through e-filing.

Also, keep in mind that even if it cost them say 2k this marketing ploy would only need to sell 50 more Virtual Tickets to break even, which I don't think is a huge risk.

I think more people would be chomping at the bit wanting to see blizzcon even more, if there was no leak at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I was skeptical at first because it's a rather silly sounding name, but I thought that about mists at first too and now I feel sort of alright about H-Storm (H-Storm is the new DaLow, deal with it.) Anyway, when you really think about it, wow is probably the obvious use for it if it's real... Unlikely they'd be trademarking some random "expansion" for Hearthstone, when the game seems to be set up for content to be delivered via patches and revenue from micro-transactions... Diablo 3 just had its expansion announced, the two SCII expansions are already known... so unless they're planning a brief sneak peak and name reveal for Titan at Blizzcon, or have a second new game in development besides Hearthstone... Wow seems like the likely candidate.

I'm still more inclined to believe it has something to do with this.

http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I was skeptical at first because it's a rather silly sounding name, but I thought that about mists at first too and now I feel sort of alright about H-Storm (H-Storm is the new DaLow, deal with it.) Anyway, when you really think about it, wow is probably the obvious use for it if it's real... Unlikely they'd be trademarking some random "expansion" for Hearthstone, when the game seems to be set up for content to be delivered via patches and revenue from micro-transactions... Diablo 3 just had its expansion announced, the two SCII expansions are already known... so unless they're planning a brief sneak peak and name reveal for Titan at Blizzcon, or have a second new game in development besides Hearthstone... Wow seems like the likely candidate.
    You're forgetting about Blizzard All-Stars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I think more people would be chomping at the bit wanting to see blizzcon even more, if there was no leak at all.
    I doubt it, TDB created *a lot* of hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're forgetting about Blizzard All-Stars.

Which is already trademarked. You on the other hand are forgetting

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt it, TDB created *a lot* of hype.

It did, it didn't create I need/want to see blizzcon hype IMO. Mostly just speculation

[QUOTE=D4NNYB0Y;22586298]You're forgetting about Blizzard All-Stars.

- - - Updated - - -

It be kinda odd to trademark blizzard all stars in two country's then change it

They might have decided that the name isn't that great after all. Happens.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They might have decided that the name isn't that great after all. Happens.
    If that was the chase they just admin the trademark

I'm aware. They can trademark HotS to rebrand All-Stars. BAS might just be a working title.

And I posted that very link on page 7 of this thread.

I have a hard time believing they'd trademark something WoW related in Australia before the US/UK.

Ever thought it could BE the Australian name for Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft? To avoid Warcraft in the name, to allow it to appeal to younger kids?

- - - Updated - - -

It did, it didn't create I need/want to see blizzcon hype IMO. Mostly just speculation
    Right, but the use of sons of the storm would be with a new game, or as part of one of the existing games, since the TM is for a game.

My point is that from the games we know of now, wow seems the most likely if it isn't something entirely new out of nowhere like Hearthstone was.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    If that was the chase they just admin the trademark
    I'm not sure what you mean. You can't completely change a trademark like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I have a hard time believing they'd trademark something WoW related in Australia before the US/UK.

Ever thought it could BE the Australian name for Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft? To avoid Warcraft in the name, to allow it to appeal to younger kids?
    New Zealand =/= Australia. xD

I'm not sure what you mean. You can't completely change a trademark like that.
    I think his brain spontaniously turned to mush. He completely mangled that sentence o.O

[QUOTE=D4NNYB0Y;22586503]I'm not sure what you mean. You can't completely change a trademark like that.

- - - Updated - - -

If I'm right you can Admin something on a trademark for a fee

If I'm right you can Admin something on a trademark for a fee
    You can amend small things:

Quote Originally Posted by OHIM
    Amendments (other than list of Goods & Services)
    Amendments are changes to the registered CTM. Only certain items may be amended. The amendment of a registered CTM is governed by Article 48 CTMR, and Rules 25 and 26 CTMIR.

It should be understood that the meaning of amendments here:

Firstly excludes limitations of the list of goods and services (that is detailed elsewhere)
    Secondly refers exclusively to such amendments of the CTM which are requested by the proprietor on their own initiative, and not such amendments or limitations that are made in the consequence of an examination, cancellation or appeal procedure.
    The following elements of a registered CTM may be amended although in some cases conditions apply (see Guidelines, Part E, Section 3 for details):

Name, address and nationality of applicant or representative.
    Representation of the mark
    There is a specific form for the Change of name and / or address of an owner / a representative and an other one for the Replacement / appointment or deletion of a representative. Both are accessible from the “Downloadable forms” page.

Nevertheless, the alteration of a registered Community Trade Mark (under Art. 48) does require the payment of a fee. The declaration should be made in writing to the Office. A fee of €200 is due and you may use the Recordal Application form . Further details can be found in the following Guidelines, Part E, Section 3 .
    not the entire mark.

http://oami.europa.eu/ows/rw/pages/C...ter2.en.do#400
    Last edited by D4NNYB0Y; 2013-09-27 at 01:32 PM.

"Heroes of the Storm"

If looking at it literally... could be Hero variants for all classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm aware. They can trademark HotS to rebrand All-Stars. BAS might just be a working title.

And I posted that very link on page 7 of this thread.
    some times the easiest answer is the right answer. Not everything is a complicated plot.

Heros of the Storm.....
    Sons of the Storm.....

Do we really need to go further?

Anyway if this the next wow expansion then blizzard hasn't trademark it yet which is odd seeing how close we are to blizzcon. I don't see them waiting to last sec to do it either all the expansion have been trademark prior to the announcement. They haven't try to hide them before why now would they. Yea the dark below sounds good but it was good hoax. And blizzard want wait till after they announce it to trade mark cause some could Jump in and take the before them causing drama. At this point this could be it or might not be it we don't no.

some times the easiest answer is the right answer. Not everything is a complicated plot.

Heros of the Storm.....
    Sons of the Storm.....

Do we really need to go further?
    ?

I'm not arguing against you I was just pointing out something else it could be. I agree, it could very well be linked with Sons of the Storm, that's why I originally posted the link near the beginning of the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway if this the next wow expansion then blizzard hasn't trademark it yet which is odd seeing how close we are to blizzcon. I don't see them waiting to last sec to do it either all the expansion have been trademark prior to the announcement. They haven't try to hide them before why now would they. Yea the dark below sounds good but it was good hoax. And blizzard want wait till after they announce it to trade mark cause some could Jump in and take the before them causing drama. At this point this could be it or might not be it we don't no.
    Honestly, it doesn't really matter when they trademark it as long as it's not currently in use by someone. They could trademark it after Blizzcon, and they would still have priority over anyone else.

Neither TDB nor HotS are in use by anyone as far as I'm aware.

i like how so many of you guys are so sure of what you think it is when in reality none of you have a shred of concrete evidence to back yourselves up. All we can do is have our guesses and see who's right

?

I'm not arguing against you I was just pointing out something else it could be. I agree, it could very well be linked with Sons of the Storm, that's why I originally posted the link near the beginning of the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, it doesn't really matter when they trademark it as long as it's not currently in use by someone. They could trademark it after Blizzcon, and they would still have priority over anyone else.

Neither TDB nor HotS are in use by anyone as far as I'm aware.

I'm just saying could trade mark to a butt about force to buy or fight in court for it that

Deleted
    The Lost Vikings: Heroes of the Storm!