Poll: Bow or Gun?

Thread: Bow or Gun?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Bow or Gun?

Guns are awesome. I wanted to level a hunter only because they had guns. I transmogrified every bow or xbow I had into a gun. Guns are awesome. Think sniper. Think gunpowder and bullets. Think eyepatch and the smell of smoke coming out of the gun barrel. And yes, the SOUND. What could be better than finishing a foe off with a well placed loud-sounding Kill Shot?

Bows are weird. I don't get those "woosh" "woosh" sounding arrows coming out from my bow. The sound is boring, bland, unnatural, repetitive. All attacks seem the same and unnatural. How can I pull the string so fast that I shoot a powershot, and autoshot, and a serpent sting all at the same time? It's a bit more believable with guns.

I think I would have never leveled a hunter if I didn't have a chance to use guns. That's how much I love 'em. What's your take?
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

i hate the sound of guns...
    i like bows tho wish i had one IRL... then again id also wish i had a yard big enough to beable to shoot it.....
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

I hate the gun sound and prefer the quieter bow sound instead. They tend to have better animations as well.

I am using a gun at the moment, but that's because it shoots lightning bolts.

Night Elf hunter with a gun, no way! Bows for me until the end of time!

Quote Originally Posted by lexonio View Post
    All attacks seem the same and unnatural. How can I pull the string so fast that I shoot a powershot, and autoshot, and a serpent sting all at the same time? It's a bit more believable with guns.
    3 arrows with one draw of the bow? And, if we're talking believably realistic, serpent sting is just some poison added to a normal arrow (autoshot), so more like 2 arrows with one draw of the bow.

The gun noises in WoW are mostly just annoying, so bows. With the right race (trolls!) the bow animations are also much better than the gun ones. Seriously, troll bow animations are the best thing ever (both genders).
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never got into the whole transmog thingy, but I was under the impression you can't transmog between guns and bows?

Anyway, I play with no sound so I don't really care which. Bows feels more fitting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    I never got into the whole transmog thingy, but I was under the impression you can't transmog between guns and bows?

Anyway, I play with no sound so I don't really care which. Bows feels more fitting though.
    You can transmog any bow, gun, or crossbow into any other gun, bow, or crossbow. They can cross over.

No crossbow option ? If the crossbow didn't shrink when held on back I would lean more towards that. But bow over gun for sure.

Deleted
    Funny fact about gun to bow transmog (if you didn't already know it): transmogging a gun into a bow and running marksman will make your character hold the bow like a gun and the gun noise will go off whenever you proc Mastery: Wild Quiver (unless they bugfixed this one). Transmogging a bow to a gun might make the gun behave like a bow on Wild Quiver, I haven't actually tried it lol.

Bows are so badass I can't think of why you'd want to have anything else. Most of the guns in the game (aside from the Wolf Slayer one) look horrendous and sound just as bad as they look. There's way too many cool looking bows to think about transmogging to a gun IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lexonio View Post
    How can I pull the string so fast that I shoot a powershot, and autoshot, and a serpent sting all at the same time? It's a bit more believable with guns.
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

Races that look better with a gun:
    -Human
    -Dwarf
    -Draenei
    -Orc
    -Tauren
    -Undead
    -Goblins

Races that look better with a bow:
    -Worgen
    -Night Elf
    -Troll
    -Blood Elf
    -Pandaren

This is of course my opinion, but if you like just having a gun because of the sounds, then cool, be a Troll Hunter with a Gun.

The guns look and sound horrendous in this game. The animations are also just complete shit as they're spazzing out in your hands while you're mashing attacks. Everything about guns in WoW is just bad.

Sometimes one or the other just fits better with the looks and feel of the character. But generally I think bows win for me (though Wolfslayer... That is just pure win any day =P).

I use Envoy of Mortality from Kel'Thuzad in Naxxramas, since I am an undead Hunter.

But I love the sound the guns make, especially since it helps me play better since I can hear exactly what skills I'm using. I'm one of those people that always has to have my game sounds on, heh.

Back in vanilla when I finally got my Rhok'Delar and ditched my blastershot launcher for it I saw my dps drop about 25%. Turns out I was doing my rotation entirely by ear, took me a few raids to get my dps back up... I'll always like guns because of that
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

I use a gun now because it fits my transmog better, but I use the bow sound pack so I don't have the annoying gun sounds.

Deleted
    i prefer crossbows, although lately i have been using a bow as transmog.

the gun is just super annoying sound wise, and i wish my fellow guild hunter would stop using a gun transmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main is a dwarf, so I gotta go with gun. Nothing more appropriately dwarfy than using a gun as a dwarven hunter, if you ask me.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers