Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would run EF for scaled gear content.
    For Challenge Modes, you should be running a mastery heavy build and low spirit, since you'll be able to use the amber to regen mana.
    For Endless Proving Grounds, should be running a spirit/mastery stacked build, as you only drink every 10 waves.

Deleted
    Greetings everyone, been reading a lot here before and i appreciate all the work you guys put into helping fellow holy paladins.
    I've been following Bouchebaguettes blog and the discussions here, too.
    Because of all the possible ways to gem and forge, i currently am a bit unsure about how i'm handling my paladin...but having options can be fun, too

My guild is running 2 10man groups and i'm normally healing with a disc priest and a resto druid...going well so far...

Bouche stated, that gemming for pure int results in "wasting stats"...if that is the case why are so many pallys gemming for int anyways? The only reason that comes to mind is that due to high lvl gear and the massive amount of spirit it is no longer necessary to gem for spirit in any way...but even if so...there would be the 15th EF tick that one could try to achieve or the pure mastery way...

I chose to set myself the following goals...
    The first one was to maintain about 16k spirit, the second one was to reach the 7170 breakpoint for the 14th EF tick...
    After reaching those i started gemming for pure mastery in yellow sockets, int/mastery in red sockets and pure int in blue sockets with as many spirit/mastery gems as possible to maintain ~16k spirit and reforging for mastery...
    These goals resluted in 7171 haste , 27.72% mastery, 15834 spirit and 24463 int unbuffed...
    I'm topping the meters most of the time...but i don't know...i still have the feeling that i'm doing something wrong here...as some others have stated...i'm not sure if it's really worth to go for the second breakpoint...bouches spreadsheets suggests it does but sacrificing 5% mastery hurts...and the difference seems barley noticeable.
    I've been using spirit food and flasks until now (~ 18k spirit buffed) but due to two hymns from both the disc and the shadow and the fact that mana seemed fine until now, i'll be switching to int food/flasks the next id...that should boost throughput a bit more...
    I guess most of you are using int flasks and food?

The other thing that bugs me is holy prism...i've been using light's hammer up until know because i hate the way prism works and the fact that many fights allow the raid to stack...but it seems and has been stated in the guide, that prism is the way to go now for most fights because of it's use as both aoe and st heal? The 15 yard range seems a bit low...especially during fights when theres a range camp that needs healing i would favor hammer because it has no target limit (correct me if i'm wrong here)...
    Last edited by mmoc58f5648a0e; 2013-09-27 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallerian View Post
    Bouche stated, that gemming for pure int results in "wasting stats"...if that is the case why are so many pallys gemming for int anyways? The only reason that comes to mind is that due to high lvl gear and the massive amount of spirit it is no longer necessary to gem for spirit in any way...but even if so...there would be the 15th EF tick that one could try to achieve or the pure mastery way...
    The general reason why so many top pallies are gravitating towards Int customization is because its a standard, it effects all abilities and doesn't leave you with gaps in your healing throughput. When you use the Mastery focus, you're losing out on 5-10% healing when ever you're healing someone with EF ticks. Ultimately though its not a huge amount, you're talking about a 2-3% difference in overall healing done at most with Int > Mastery.

Deleted
    To be honest...thats something i have never thought about...thank you for pointing that out...

Is there any bist list for holy paladin? or we dont know which stats to roll yet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    Is there any bist list for holy paladin? or we dont know which stats to roll yet?
    I personnaly get all the mastery/spirit gear i can get during progress, then when its over i will probably aim for haste gear

Deleted
    Yup...same here...i prefer mastery/spirit gear. Sadly many many items have crit on them which seems like 60% wasted stat to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Vallerian View Post
    Yup...same here...i prefer mastery/spirit gear. Sadly many many items have crit on them which seems like 60% wasted stat to me...
    /signed, entire raid gave me a gz when I got the Spirit/Crit helm on our first kill, meanwhile I sighed to myself at replacing Spirit/Mastery with Spirit/Crit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    /signed, entire raid gave me a gz when I got the Spirit/Crit helm on our first kill, meanwhile I sighed to myself at replacing Spirit/Mastery with Spirit/Crit
    I felt the same way. Getting rid of that four piece was no issue for a H WF helm, but crit? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerfax View Post
    I felt the same way. Getting rid of that four piece was no issue for a H WF helm, but crit? Really?
    Luckily I kept my 2 piece (was running 3/5 as I never got my ToT gloves, QQ) but it felt awful, was a similar feeling to the heroic chest of just "yuck, where is the spirit on this?!"

Heh, I feel your pain... first week got the crit gloves and crit shoes... BLEH, but they were both technically upgrades. :P

Is anyone else seeing success with an SH build?

Heroic Norushen

I get that everyone's stuck on EF from last tier, but SH feels better.

Deleted
    The thing is...Norushen as an example is (in my eyes) a very AoE heavy fight...thus it favors the usage of holy radiance as HP generator and light of dawn as HP spender...thus replacing EF...
    So yes...for fights where theres fast incoming AoE dmg, speccing something different than EF can be better because u are not using it anyway...

If you have time to apply EF (HolyAvenger -> HR -> EF -> HS -> EF -> HR -> EF and so on) i would prefer it over SH...

Another log where yo use EF instead on the same fight would be great to compare both speccs

Quote Originally Posted by Deipotent View Post
    Is anyone else seeing success with an SH build? Heroic Norushen
    I've done both builds on that fight and they both work though SH is less mana intensive at the end, and probably more "friendly" to it.

That said, your actual rank on the fight is inflated (or rather, not deflated?) due to the fact that you were the logger.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I've done both builds on that fight and they both work though SH is less mana intensive at the end, and probably more "friendly" to it.

That said, your actual rank on the fight is inflated (or rather, not deflated?) due to the fact that you were the logger.
    You honestly believe anyone 1-50 on that fight wasn't logging?

Quote Originally Posted by Deipotent View Post
    You honestly believe anyone 1-50 on that fight wasn't logging?
    I have a 1-50 without logging.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Is eternal flame still best for 5 man challenges? And is mastery still the way to go?
    If you're planning on optimising for challenge modes beyond simply getting gold, spirit/haste is the way to go. You can't afford to drop much spirit because you won't get out of combat much and DPSing as holy is extremely mana inefficient. Haste tends to work out better for a couple reasons. Mastery has no affect on your DPS whatsoever, but haste does (lowering the cast of denounce and CD of holy shock), while also still being a better throughput stat for challenge modes during intensive pulls.

Deleted
    Has anyone played around with Nazgrims Burnished Insignia yet ?

I got it tonight on a coin roll and I'm not sure I want to swap out my normal Horridon trinket for this. I got the Prismatic Prism of Pride already. I tested it out briefly on Malkorak and thought it was pants. So basically, I'm curious if it's useful in any fight at all or if I can safely disenchant this bad boy.

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by JenJen View Post
    Has anyone played around with Nazgrims Burnished Insignia yet ?
    It's dook as far as I can tell. I have it and I think had it accidentally equipped for a malk kill and it did like 3% healing which might have been better than the chalice which was my option but got amp trinket and I'm keeping Horridon's forever.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    I'm keeping Horridon's forever.
    Is there some math to that? Got H TF Horridons and H Amp Trinket. Just got the Blackfuse Trinket and am contemplating on using that instead of Horridons.