Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't think they should have anymore races. 13 playable and another 6-12 non-playable humanoid races is more than enough, at least till we get to a new world or something along that kind of story line.
    Maybe a new class or current races getting more classes, ie monk Goblins/Worgens or paladin Pandarens. I have a feeling that there will be a new class, probably something armed with mail armor that is similar in specs to the monk.

We got all of that for Mists of Pandaria.

Is it unreasonable to ask for all 3 again?

New continent/ world area.
    IMO, classes aren't balanced and they won't be ever if they keep trying to balance PvP and PvE numbers. I sort of want them to have smart-spells, for example, if you spec mastery, haste, crit, or PvP stats, the spells adapt to your highest stat. Like, PvP power gives your spell a stun or silence, crit gives you an added attack, haste gives increased duration, decreased cd, and mastery gives the attack an extra added affect like ebonplague.
    Also, make each spec and class feel different. Change it so each spec on a dps class feels and plays different, sort of like warlocks. Make each class individual, hots back to druids, pally tank heals, etc. I don't know, not like wrath when some were raid heals exclusively and others tank heals only. But make them feel different. Each heals has the same spells. Make them interesting.

Maybe make stats more interesting and viable for each spec, similar to pally tanks atm. Gear haste and you're viable, gear mastery, still great. More active mitigation. Something like that, but for all or most classes.

No fixed, go-to-icy-veins rotations. Maybe one may not be as optimal as the other but it won't leave you dead last every time. Comparable.
    Situational awareness like the MoP rares.

That's what I'd want over a new class or a filler race.
    This game is still good and IMO will keep getting better, despite the bitching and moaning.

/sigh. Then again, I am just a starry-eyed fool.
    Last edited by Raynos; 2013-09-28 at 05:53 AM.

New continent. It already feels like we have too many races.

Deleted
    I'm going for a new neutral Naga race next expansion. I don't think we'll get a new continent, but I do think we'll get islands and underwater zones all connected by a fully explorable ocean, which will spawn random events like say a Kraken or a pirate ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    The city of mental problems and bridge-jumpers, Finland
    I would gladly go with the new models as suggested previously. I am a slow leveler and, well... New class or even a race might just be tad much overwhelming

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    I wish blizzard put in sub-races instead of races; at the end of the day the 1-20 lvl experience just matters once. New race models with no starting zones would be just so much easier to implement.
    This quote just made me change my whole outlook on the new race topic. I feel like we should have sub-races along the lines of:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1764411258

This post describes everything I want for sub-races. As for Worgen and Goblins, we could give them Night elven Worgen and Hobgoblins respectively. Or maybe something else better suited for them.

Of course, all these new sub-races will have new models, and based on the post above, new intros or text lines based on whatever sub-race they chose. I do think we would get brand new races in later expansions, though. Maybe Naga as a future neutral race?
    Last edited by cmats4020; 2013-09-28 at 08:33 PM.

Deleted
    I want to explore new places, so a new continent is a must. I would like new races and classes, but not if they are going to be Furbolgs or Ogres. I want something more streamlined this time around after the furry pandas.

More than anything I want player housing.

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    Ogres - Needs a female model and newer models, new customization feature would be one head or two, etc.

Classes - Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Priest, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior
    I cant see ogres being druids or monks. What would their animal forms look like? Can you imagine a fat ogre flying across the screen? i ... i can picture it, i just dont want to. but then again, the same could apply to taurens flying across the screen too.

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    I cant see ogres being druids or monks. What would their animal forms look like? Can you imagine a fat ogre flying across the screen? i ... i can picture it, i just dont want to. but then again, the same could apply to taurens flying across the screen too.
    Well, there are Ogre Brewmasters, so I just thought it'd be reasonable enough. And there aren't any current Ogre Druids, but since we've always had an equal numbered Druid ratio (since I gave Druids to High elves since they most likely wouldn't be Warlocks), I thought we could just stick it with them. Maybe instead, Orcs could be Druids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there are Ogre Brewmasters, so I just thought it'd be reasonable enough. And there aren't any current Ogre Druids, but since we've always had an equal numbered Druid ratio (since I gave Druids to High elves since they most likely wouldn't be Warlocks), I thought we could just stick it with them. Maybe instead, Orcs could be Druids.
    You can give High Elves whatever you want, THEY AREN'T BEING ADDED AGAIN. If you want to play an elf like that so badly, the Blood Elves are there. And don't trot out 'oh, we can give them a new model' schtick like so many others plugging this nearly extinct race do. They're the same races as Blood Elves. It would be like giving Gilnean Humans and Stormwind Humans different models. The only Elf model that looks a bit different is Nozdormu's, and that's a heavily modified Night Elf model. And that's not saying there's a chance of them adding Elves that look like that,more that they wanted a big ass NPC like Nozdormu to look relatively distinct. Like the Thrall model doesn't mean theres a subset of Orcs that look like him waiting in the wings to join the Alliance. As I'm fond of saying, this topic has been beaten to death in multiple threads. But if it tries to rear it's head, least I can do for the anti High Elf side of the discussion is a deliver a quick smackdown.

To the main topic of the discussion, a new continent is a guarantee so it's irrelevant to the choice, which boils down once again to new races or new classes.

I'd prefer neither. I'd like them to add some sort of alternative advancement system to the existing classes so I can get excited about something new for my character, rather than a new race or a new class that I will only play in their start zones.

BUT. If we absolutely MUST choose between new races or new classes, I'm going to go with a new class. The Horde and the Alliance feel complete to me, not needing new races. Besides, the existing races in the Alliance don't get enough attention as it is. How are the Gnomes or the Worgen or the Draenei or the Night Elves going to have THEIR turn in the sun if Blizzard has, by necessity, to devote substantial screen time to the new Alliance race?

And what niche could new races possibly fill? Each side has their big race, short race, ugly race, magical race, tech race, core race, elf race. You name it, the niche is likely filled.

New Race, more options for races within races (give a free appearance change with the xpac),.

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    You can give High Elves whatever you want, THEY AREN'T BEING ADDED AGAIN. If you want to play an elf like that so badly, the Blood Elves are there. And don't trot out 'oh, we can give them a new model' schtick like so many others plugging this nearly extinct race do. They're the same races as Blood Elves. It would be like giving Gilnean Humans and Stormwind Humans different models. The only Elf model that looks a bit different is Nozdormu's, and that's a heavily modified Night Elf model. And that's not saying there's a chance of them adding Elves that look like that,more that they wanted a big ass NPC like Nozdormu to look relatively distinct. Like the Thrall model doesn't mean theres a subset of Orcs that look like him waiting in the wings to join the Alliance. As I'm fond of saying, this topic has been beaten to death in multiple threads. But if it tries to rear it's head, least I can do for the anti High Elf side of the discussion is a deliver a quick smackdown.

To the main topic of the discussion, a new continent is a guarantee so it's irrelevant to the choice, which boils down once again to new races or new classes.

I'd prefer neither. I'd like them to add some sort of alternative advancement system to the existing classes so I can get excited about something new for my character, rather than a new race or a new class that I will only play in their start zones.

BUT. If we absolutely MUST choose between new races or new classes, I'm going to go with a new class. The Horde and the Alliance feel complete to me, not needing new races. Besides, the existing races in the Alliance don't get enough attention as it is. How are the Gnomes or the Worgen or the Draenei or the Night Elves going to have THEIR turn in the sun if Blizzard has, by necessity, to devote substantial screen time to the new Alliance race?

And what niche could new races possibly fill? Each side has their big race, short race, ugly race, magical race, tech race, core race, elf race. You name it, the niche is likely filled.
    The difference between a Blood elf and High elf is the factions. I hate the Horde so much, but I've loved High elves since Warcraft. Since High elves are already a part of the Alliance, what's the problem of adding them in, even as a sub-race? To argue your point on near extinction, by lore, the High elves outnumber the Darkspeare Trolls and the Gnomes, so your point is moot. And so that no one brings up the theory that High elves can't be added because they'd have the same model as the Blood elves, well, look at the Pandaren. They look the same on both sides of the aisle, so what's the difference with High/Blood elves? And if model difference really is that big of an issue, than what's the problem of giving them brand new models with brand new emotes? Blizz could even change the Lore about the Blood elves to at least give them a significant physical distinction (since, as we all know, Blizz just loves to retcon). And with Alleria's return coming soon, High elves are more viable than ever before.

Also, if it's that big of a deal, why not move the Blood elves to the neutral zone (dubbing them High elves) with the Pandaren, and give Horde the Ogres; a race that was going to be given to the Horde for Cata. The High elf starting zone could then be set back during the Scourge invasion, and their zones could continue through until Kael'Thas ventures to Outland where the elves split: the Blood elves remaining in Quel'Thalas, and the High elves following Jaina to Theramore. I would assume their ending quests would be at level 12 like the Pandaren.

On a final note of the subject, just to be clear, you didn't give the High elf idea a "smackdown," you've clearly just started an argument.

~~~~~~~

Something I would like to see for classes, is Prestige Classes. At a certain level, we could "upgrade" our classes into something different. An example for Hunters would be Beastmasters (heavily pet-influenced) and Rangers (no pets but heavily nature-influenced and long range). For Magi: Archmage (emphasis on long-ranged) or Warmage (can carry a staff in the main hand and a sword for off-hand; emphasis on melee-ranged spells and weapon attacks but can also have long ranged spells). Etc.
    Last edited by cmats4020; 2013-09-28 at 10:45 PM.

New Continent > New Race >= New Class

And please no High Elves for Alliance, and no Ogres for the horde. High Elves for Alliance doesn't sound good and much logical, and Ogres are one of the worst choices for a new race.

Quote Originally Posted by Violet Neliel Boa View Post
    New Continent > New Race >= New Class

And please no High Elves for Alliance, and no Ogres for the horde. High Elves for Alliance doesn't sound good and much logical, and Ogres are one of the worst choices for a new race.
    How are High elves illogical for the Alliance? They're already a part of it. And the Ogres are a race Metzen wants to add to the game, so who knows for them.
    Last edited by cmats4020; 2013-09-28 at 11:08 PM.

I'm hoping specifically for them to NOT add a class in next expansion, instead spending time and design ideas tweaking and adding more unique mechanics to make individual specs more distinct and balanced.

Likewise, I'd like for them to NOT add a new race, and instead focus on adding lore and interest in races that are currently almost excluded from the lore (like Blood Elves, Draenai, Worgen, etc) as well as getting started updating the models for old races.

New Continent/Zones is pretty much a given. There's not much space for them to expand to in the current world, so the next expansion may have us actually headed to legion home turf, adding more to outland, or making use of what little of Azeroth is left (the central islands, underwater, underground, etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference between a Blood elf and High elf is the factions. I hate the Horde so much, but I've loved High elves since Warcraft. Since High elves are already a part of the Alliance, what's the problem of adding them in, even as a sub-race? To argue your point on near extinction, by lore, the High elves outnumber the Darkspeare Trolls and the Gnomes, so your point is moot. And so that no one brings up the theory that High elves and Blood elves have the exact same model, well, look at the Pandaren. They look the same on both sides of the aisle, so what's the difference with High/Blood elves? And if model difference really is that big of an issue, than what's the problem of giving them brand new models with brand new emotes? Blizz could even change the Lore about the Blood elves to at least give them a significant physical distinction (since, as we all know, Blizz just loves to retcon). And with Alleria's return coming soon, High elves are more viable than ever before.

Also, if it's that big of a deal, why not move the Blood elves to the neutral zone (dubbing them High elves) with the Pandaren, and give Horde the Ogres; a race that was going to be given to the Horde for Cata. The High elf starting zone could then be set back during the Scourge invasion, and their zones could continue through until Kael'Thas ventures to Outland where the elves split: the Blood elves remaining in Quel'Thalas, and the High elves following Jaina to Theramore. I would assume their ending quests would be at level 12 like the Pandaren.

On a final note of the subject, just to be clear, you didn't give the High elf idea a "smackdown," you've clearly just started an argument.

~~~~~~~

Something I would like to see for classes, is Prestige Classes. An example for Hunters would be Beastmasters (heavily pet-influenced) and Rangers (no pets but heavily nature-influenced and long range). For Magi: Archmage (emphasis on long-ranged) or Warmage (can carry a staff in the main hand and a sword for off-hand). Etc.
    Started an argument? STARTED AN ARGUMENT? You're not the first player to suggest High Elves for the Alliance and this debate has gone on for literally months.
    If you like I'd could give you links to the seven or eight threads, some of them that are quite lengthy, where this subject has been beaten to death.

Trust me when I say every point you've raised has been raised before and countered. And then countered back. And then re-countered. There's been a lot of countering going on.

But I'll give a quick summary of the anti position. Firstly, you at least admit that the two races are the same and that the difference lies solely in the faction. This is not enough to justify adding them as a new race. You may hate the Horde, but I pretty much hate the Alliance too. I sort of like Draenei but I'm not demanding they be added as an option to the Horde.

Adding them to the Alliance weakens the character of the Horde, a something that is unique and popular to the Horde (Belves are the top Horde race) is given to our opposite numbers in the Alliance. Blizzard have just spent the entirety of the Blood Elf storyline in 5.2 cementing them in the Horde. These guys aren't leaving the Horde or going neutral any time soon. And frankly I don't want to share them. They add a dimension to the Horde that would be undermined if they were freely available to the other faction. It's also mildly insulting. You want to play our most popular race, but you don't want to get down with our faction?

I don't want to see the faction wall fall but once you start cheerypicking I say bring the whole edifice down and abolish the Alliance and Horde completely.

New models is a joke. It's a stupid suggestion and I've no nicer way of phrasing it. It's one put forth time and time again by Alliance fans who've never been able to accept a pretty race left the fold and have been desperately trying to think up ways of arguing why High Elves are possible. They say that somehow, miraculously, a political split has led to a physical split as well. That the exact same people ten years ago now look wildly different when compared to each other, so much so that they appear to be physically different races. It's daft, ridiculous, and a suggestion it is one that reeks of desperation and is worthy only of contempt. Next thing you'll be telling me Labour and Conservative voters in England can now be told apart at a distance of thirty meters due to decades of never voting for the other party.

And how do the High Elves outnumber the trolls and the gnomes? Let me guess, you've been looking at the Warcraft RPG figures. Those figures are bunk. Blizzard declared the RPG non-canon, so while they may raid it for ideas, population numbers in game definitely do not reflect those figures. Take the Gnomes and the Trolls for example. You say the High Elves outnumber them. My friend, I am sorry to disabuse you of this mistaken notion.

The nearly 'extinct' Darkspear have been able to maintain settlements in Orgrimmar, their racial capital in the Echo Isles, Sen'Jin Village, Shadowprey Village in Desolace, Malaka'jin in stonetalon mountains, zoram'gar outpost in ashenvale as well as two bases in zangarmarsh in outland.

The nearly 'extinct' Gnomes have been able to maintain settlements in Tinkertown, New Tinkertown, Toshley's station in Outland and Fizzcrank Airstrip in Northrend.

The High Elves maintain a single lodge somewhere in the Eastern Kingdoms as the sum total of their holdings.
    The majority of what remains of the High Elves are in the Dalaran aligned Silver Covenant, which is the only place they appear in any sort of numbers.

High Tinker Mekkatorque is also included in high level Alliance meetings, such as the gathering that took place prior to the Cataclysm or the meeting in Dalaran inducting the Worgen into the Alliance. The High Elves were not afforded such representation, as they are no longer a major part of the Alliance. They are no longer a major part of the Alliance because the majority renamed themselves and switched sides to the Horde. Blizzard never said that the Gnomes and Trolls weren't low on numbers. What they said was that the High Elves ARE so low on numbers compared to other near extinct races that they couldn't really function as a player race. That is how bad they are. And don't say 'all the Goblins escaped from Kezan on one ship', that is the usual response.

Clearly Gallywix evacuated a substantial portion in his entire fleet, you just happened to get out on the ship he was on and that was the one that got lost, which is the only explanation. Because Gallywix has mentioned his fleet before, and the idea that many Goblins got off on one ship is clearly risible. The Goblins have bases all over the place. You know who doesn't have bases all over the place except for one hovel in the eastern kingdoms? The nearly dead High Elves.

And what niche would the High Elves hold in the Alliance? Elf race? Nope, covered by the Night Elves. Pretty Race? Night Elves, Draenei, Humans. Magical race? Draenei and Gnomes. No reason to add this nearly dead race to satisfy a very small vocal minority and instead invoke from a majority a collective 'wtf? blizz just allowed alliance players to elves? more elves? blizz out of ideas!'.

That's a very brief summary of everything that is wrong with your ideas. But if you wish to take it further, you should check back from some older posts. The arguments in some lasted for days and days.

If you REALLY want to play an Elf, swallow the anti Horde stuff and play a Belf. If you can't swallow the anti Horde stuff, I am sure there are seven options blue side who can meet your needs.

Deleted
    Oh, god... Is this thread too turning into a high elf debate?

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Started an argument? STARTED AN ARGUMENT? You're not the first player to suggest High Elves for the Alliance and this debate has gone on for literally months.
    If you like I'd could give you links to the seven or eight threads, some of them that are quite lengthy, where this subject has been beaten to death.

Trust me when I say every point you've raised has been raised before and countered. And then countered back. And then re-countered. There's been a lot of countering going on.

But I'll give a quick summary of the anti position. Firstly, you at least admit that the two races are the same and that the difference lies solely in the faction. This is not enough to justify adding them as a new race. You may hate the Horde, but I pretty much hate the Alliance too. I sort of like Draenei but I'm not demanding they be added as an option to the Horde.

Adding them to the Alliance weakens the character of the Horde, a something that is unique and popular to the Horde (Belves are the top Horde race) is given to our opposite numbers in the Alliance. Blizzard have just spent the entirety of the Blood Elf storyline in 5.2 cementing them in the Horde. These guys aren't leaving the Horde or going neutral any time soon. And frankly I don't want to share them. They add a dimension to the Horde that would be undermined if they were freely available to the other faction. It's also mildly insulting. You want to play our most popular race, but you don't want to get down with our faction?

I don't want to see the faction wall fall but once you start cheerypicking I say bring the whole edifice down and abolish the Alliance and Horde completely.

New models is a joke. It's a stupid suggestion and I've no nicer way of phrasing it. It's one put forth time and time again by Alliance fans who've never been able to accept a pretty race left the fold and have been desperately trying to think up ways of arguing why High Elves are possible. They say that somehow, miraculously, a political split has led to a physical split as well. That the exact same people ten years ago now look wildly different when compared to each other, so much so that they appear to be physically different races. It's daft, ridiculous, and a suggestion it is one that reeks of desperation and is worthy only of contempt. Next thing you'll be telling me Labour and Conservative voters in England can now be told apart at a distance of thirty meters due to decades of never voting for the other party.

And how do the High Elves outnumber the trolls and the gnomes? Let me guess, you've been looking at the Warcraft RPG figures. Those figures are bunk. Blizzard declared the RPG non-canon, so while they may raid it for ideas, population numbers in game definitely do not reflect those figures. Take the Gnomes and the Trolls for example. You say the High Elves outnumber them. My friend, I am sorry to disabuse you of this mistaken notion.

The nearly 'extinct' Darkspear have been able to maintain settlements in Orgrimmar, their racial capital in the Echo Isles, Sen'Jin Village, Shadowprey Village in Desolace, Malaka'jin in stonetalon mountains, zoram'gar outpost in ashenvale as well as two bases in zangarmarsh in outland.

The nearly 'extinct' Gnomes have been able to maintain settlements in Tinkertown, New Tinkertown, Toshley's station in Outland and Fizzcrank Airstrip in Northrend.

The High Elves maintain a single lodge somewhere in the Eastern Kingdoms as the sum total of their holdings.
    The majority of what remains of the High Elves are in the Dalaran aligned Silver Covenant, which is the only place they appear in any sort of numbers.

High Tinker Mekkatorque is also included in high level Alliance meetings, such as the gathering that took place prior to the Cataclysm or the meeting in Dalaran inducting the Worgen into the Alliance. The High Elves were not afforded such representation, as they are no longer a major part of the Alliance. They are no longer a major part of the Alliance because the majority renamed themselves and switched sides to the Horde. Blizzard never said that the Gnomes and Trolls weren't low on numbers. What they said was that the High Elves ARE so low on numbers compared to other near extinct races that they couldn't really function as a player race. That is how bad they are. And don't say 'all the Goblins escaped from Kezan on one ship', that is the usual response.

Clearly Gallywix evacuated a substantial portion in his entire fleet, you just happened to get out on the ship he was on and that was the one that got lost, which is the only explanation. Because Gallywix has mentioned his fleet before, and the idea that many Goblins got off on one ship is clearly risible. The Goblins have bases all over the place. You know who doesn't have bases all over the place except for one hovel in the eastern kingdoms? The nearly dead High Elves.

And what niche would the High Elves hold in the Alliance? Elf race? Nope, covered by the Night Elves. Pretty Race? Night Elves, Draenei, Humans. Magical race? Draenei and Gnomes. No reason to add this nearly dead race to satisfy a very small vocal minority and instead invoke from a majority a collective 'wtf? blizz just allowed alliance players to elves? more elves? blizz out of ideas!'.

That's a very brief summary of everything that is wrong with your ideas. But if you wish to take it further, you should check back from some older posts. The arguments in some lasted for days and days.

If you REALLY want to play an Elf, swallow the anti Horde stuff and play a Belf. If you can't swallow the anti Horde stuff, I am sure there are seven options blue side who can meet your needs.
    Okay, then does "starting another argument" suit this better? Gosh, no need to be so melodramatic.

Let's face it, High elves were always supposed to go to the Alliance. Neutrality is something that can help with that, and there's no real reason not to go this route other than, "they're the horde's race now, and they're not going back . . . whine, whine, whine." Does it really matter? At least it's sensical unlike Draenei crossing over to the Horde.

Blood elves were the most played race on the Horde due to them being able to role paladins. I would also argue that a lot of people like High elves anyway, and Blood elves are the only way to actually play a race similar to them (similar as in looks, not motives or faction).

RPG, lore-book, guide, game statistics or not, population shouldn't matter when discussing a new race. That has nothing to do with the creation of races as evidence by Gnomes, Trolls, Pandaren, etc. Even the Pandaren we play as come from a school on the Wandering Isle. Also, the High elves hold numbers in Quel'Danil Lodge, Quel'Lithien, Stromwind (the city with the most High elves inhabiting it), Dalaran (being the second most populous), and Theramore ("they take two out of the seven seats on the ruling council that advises Lady Jaina and play a key role in the governing of [Theramore]"). So again, your argument on the mater of population is moot.

And does a race need to hold a niche to be viable? What would the Ogres, a race that Metzen personally wants to see as a playable race, niche be? Brutish race? Orcs. Potentially evil race? Undead. Greedy money-grubbing race? Goblins. Peaceful race? Tauren. Ugly race? Troll, Orc, Undead. Pretty race? Blood elves. The only niche I could see would be the stupid race, and that doesn't even work since Ogre Magi are smart. So no, that's just an illogical argument with no argument behind it other than what a person makes out of it.

Also, stop calling the High elves a dead race considering they have a higher population than other playable races. You might as well call the Trolls and the Gnomes dead races as well.
    Last edited by cmats4020; 2013-09-28 at 11:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    Oh, god... Is this thread too turning into a high elf debate?
    Everything with new race suggestions eventually turns into a High Elf debate. It's sad but inevitable.