Poll: Do you like/dislike Flex?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

SO, Flex Raiding!

You guys love it? Ya hate it?

Honestly since they've implemented it I haven't seen as many PUGS for raids going on since Wrath. The scaling technology is fantastic in each instance.

It feels like it's literally at the perfect level of difficulty between LFR and Normal.

Whatcha think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Love it, though I'm disappointed by how so many people treat it as just '10man easymode'.

Or worse, the people that are calculating "Well, if we bring 14 people this fight will be 3.42% easier so we shouldn't invite any more."

I'd probably pug into a lot more flex raids if they aimed to include people, even though all i get is a little VP for repeating it.

Regardless, I'm gonna keep running 25man pugs on tuesdays til the virtual servers come and we hopefully have 25 ppl raiding on my server again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think it's what LFR should have been, but still a bit too dull for me.

It has somewhat revitalized the PuG scene on my server....slowly. Time will tell if it sticks at the "local" level or if it transitions to something mainly for Open Raid or similar.

Nice step into actual raiding especially given its relatively low ilvl tuning. Allows people to gauge potential recruits on same faction but different realms since it's cross realm group enabled. The fact that you can have any number between 10-25 people is also amazing provided you have a good Healer:Other ratio (1:3.5).

Like it. Ran it with my new guild this week and enjoyed it; everything went smoothly. I actually found it to be easier than LFR. Since I've decided to go casual the remainder of this expansion, I'm glad this option is available to me. If not for Flex, I'd probably quit until the next expansion starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Personally I think it's what LFR should have been, but still a bit too dull for me.

It has somewhat revitalized the PuG scene on my server....slowly. Time will tell if it sticks at the "local" level or if it transitions to something mainly for Open Raid or similar.
    Why do people say this? LFR cannot be what Flex is. They are for two completely different demographics. As the devs have said repeatedly, LFR isn´t going anywhere.. it is for strangers. Not for guilds.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty good actually I like doing stuff with my friends and get rewarded with semi-decent gear.

love it. with my guild its soooo much easier then lfr and you get better gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Why do people say this? LFR cannot be what Flex is. They are for two completely different demographics. As the devs have said repeatedly, LFR isn´t going anywhere.. it is for strangers. Not for guilds.
    My reason for that view is that I believe that basic, easy-mode raids should be oriented toward teaching people who might not have raiding experience what it's about. One of the devs once made a comment along the lines that LFR lets you taste the (dangled) carrot...personally (read: opinion) I think that's ridiculous. LFR teaches nothing and has little to do with what the "carrot" is about.

Flex, unlike LFR, at least has some measure of accountability and potential to wipe (thus learn) if the fight isn't executed mostly well. LFR is an uninspired zerg fest where people move from loot pasture to loot pasture, endlessly grazing on free epics with no incentive to learn or see what real raiding is all about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    LFR is an uninspired zerg fest where people move from loot pasture to loot pasture, endlessly grazing on free epics with no incentive to learn or see what real raiding is all about.
    You really haven't been paying much attention to the problems people are experiencing in LFR for SoO the first few weeks.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You really haven't been paying much attention to the problems people are experiencing in LFR for SoO the first few weeks.
    Like my signature words it was like gouging your eyes out repeatably with a rusted spoon lol

Honestly think Flex should completely replace LFR. If the connected realms or whatever are a success, there's no reason not to make the transition. Would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    Honestly think Flex should completely replace LFR. If the connected realms or whatever are a success, there's no reason not to make the transition. Would be a good start.
    Yeah lets go back to 5% or less seeing content in the game and the rest watching it on youtube, great plan for returning to those thrilling days before.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think its great. It allows me to pull in more of my guildies on raid nights. It allows people to pop in or drop out as they want. I also pugged a few bosses through oQueue. I hope they add this scaling tech into normal modes next (not heroic) so guilds don't have to sit people who want to raid with the group.

I have mixed feeling about it.

Although it is great to be able to run with other people I know across servers, realizing half of them are horribly bad players who are trying to get carried isn't pleasant

Although the idea is great, it doesn't solve any of our current problems; non raiding-guild players will be obliged to simply start up flex raids rather than at least make an effort to do a legitmate, 10m or 25m run. During 5.2, I saw ToT 25m Heroic PuGs pop up on trade chat all of the time. Now that Flex raiding is out, i've have yet to see even ONE SINGLE SoO 10m Normal, instead all I see is SoO flex. This is a problem for me, because I have 5.2 BiS gear but I can't get 5.4 BiS gear because there are no SoO 10m or 25m PuGs happening, and I'm not in a raid guild.

IMAO, flex was meant for casual groups of 10 people or less, not 20 people looking for easy gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletpiston View Post
    Yeah lets go back to 5% or less seeing content in the game and the rest watching it on youtube, great plan for returning to those thrilling days before.
    Nah, let's continue pretending that doing LFR is seeing content. ToT LFR is the exact same experience as Normal/Heroic ToT, YEP.

Make LFR loot proportional to the difficulty and personal effort, see how many people queue up to "see the raids" then. It's a "Roll dice, see if you get loot" simulator.

I want you to find me a person who actually pays attention to the aesthetics / new models or lore after the first week of LFR, and isn't just there mindlessly performing their rotation as if the boss was a training dummy.

the rest watching it on youtube
    Watching a Normal/Heroic boss on YouTube will give you a much better idea of what the boss is about, than LFR ever will.

Yeah lets go back to 5% or less seeing content in the game
    Have you tried Flex? If you aren't bothered to join a Flex raid to see the content, you really don't want to see the content.

Sorry for going slightly off topic OP

I absolutely adore flex mode. If it wasn't for that I don't think I could have stomached keeping a sub going (Or accepting game-time as a gift, thanks guys.) as I would have just been spending it afking in Shrine or never actually logging on beyond Tuesday to do LFR. This patch would have been less than worthless to me. Why? Because I'm no longer in a position to be a serious raider and I wouldn't dream of putting other people's progression run on a slippery track to accommodate my other responsibilities. I now have a raid night again where it's okay if I have to run off mid-boss or I'm heavily distracted outside the game for short periods of time. I'm simply there to add extra DPS and crack jokes so everyone feels like they're "hanging out" instead of progressing. And if I'm in a position later to come off the bench, I won't have the debilitating handicap that is LFR ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    Have you tried Flex? If you aren't bothered to join a Flex raid to see the content, you really don't want to see the content.
    Completely irrelevent to his point, though. The Devs didn't say "People who want to see raids should go do that. What's this LFR, you're talking about?" They said "Those who either can't commit to a raiding schedule or don't want the stress have another option and it allows us to say 'we made content for all of you' not just 'a small percentage of you who can't possibly pay us enough to make up for the rest of the people not participating.'"

You can hate the concept of LFR all you want, the reason for it being there is set in stone, regardless of how "good" or "bad" that reason may be.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2013-09-29 at 04:05 AM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Honestly it is exactly what LFR should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I absolutely adore flex mode. If it wasn't for that I don't think I could have stomached keeping a sub going (Or accepting game-time as a gift, thanks guys.) as I would have just been spending it afking in Shrine or never actually logging on beyond Tuesday to do LFR. This patch would have been less than worthless to me. Why? Because I'm no longer in a position to be a serious raider and I wouldn't dream of putting other people's progression run on a slippery track to accommodate my other responsibilities. I now have a raid night again where it's okay if I have to run off mid-boss or I'm heavily distracted outside the game for short periods of time. I'm simply there to add extra DPS and crack jokes so everyone feels like they're "hanging out" instead of progressing. And if I'm in a position later to come off the bench, I won't have the debilitating handicap that is LFR ilvl.

Completely irrelevent to his point, though. The Devs didn't say "People who want to see raids should go do that. What's this LFR, you're talking about?" They said "Those who either can't commit to a raiding schedule or don't want the stress have another option and it allows us to say 'we made content for all of you' not just 'a small percentage of you who can't possibly pay us enough to make up for the rest of the people not participating.'"

You can hate the concept of LFR all you want, the reason for it being there is set in stone, regardless of how "good" or "bad" that reason may be.
    Completely relevant to the point. Next time read the actual conversation instead of taking the post out of context...

"FLEX SHOULD REPLACE LFR"

"YEA LOL, BUT PEOPLE WONT SEE CONTENT"

"PEOPLE WHO CANT BE ARSED TO JOIN A FLEX RAID DON'T ACTUALLY WANT TO SEE CONTENT, JUST LOOT"

Meaning if people can't be bothered to join a Flex Pug, the argument that people won't see content is completely idiotic, because that means they don't actually want to. Flex takes maybe 10~ minutes on average longer to join and wait for a group to fill up than an LFR queue (at least DPS) on my server (remember connected realms? no more ghost realms).

I'm not worried, as I do honestly believe that LFR will either be reworked or completely removed next expansion. I get that vibe from Blizzard with their recent patches (HC Scen, Flex, Group Content). They seem to want to get away from this "queue with randoms, collect loot" business. Probably still some of it, just not as much. They're (very) slowly making a transition. Maybe even some server community inc?
    Last edited by Etrigan; 2013-09-29 at 04:26 AM.