Quick update on the SimC front.

The incredibly bad default APL has been updated to something resembling what we have been kicking around here. I haven't built the latest or gone through the code changes yet, but hopefully next release will bring us something much better.

Also, Theck changed the TMI bosses to hit harder (based on log data) and in the process fixed a bug.

Boss Old Values New Values
    T1610N Melee: 1,200,000
    DOT: 40,000
    Melee: 1,250,000
    DOT: 50,000
    T1625N Melee: 1,350,000
    DOT: 50,000
    Melee: 1,550,000
    DOT: 65,000
    T1610H Melee: 1,500,000
    DOT: 55,000
    Melee: 1,900,000
    DOT: 85,000
    T1625H Melee: 1,650,000
    DOT: 600,000 <-- BUG!
    Melee: 2,300,000
    DOT: 100,000

Too clarify, these changes will not be available until the next release of SimC. The current release (540-3) does not have these changes and has the serious bug in the T1625H boss regarding the size of the DOT.

Rivers Song is better defensively and if you average 50k vengeance then it is also better offensively.

Was watching Killars stream last night as Duality got Siegecrafter. Kronisaurus finished the fight at 615K.

Thanks Gliff

Another question, does crit increase the absorb value on SBar? Cus if it doesn't, then probably Dancing Steel > River's Song on SBar > Sblock fights, am I right?
    Last edited by Stolberg; 2013-09-30 at 04:46 PM.
    (Regarding DS LFR -> 5.0 LFR)
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehpounderer View Post
    Was watching Killars stream last night as Duality got Siegecrafter. Kronisaurus finished the fight at 615K.
    I was in their mumble talking to a few friends before they started last night. Kron was gonna be late and they didnt know if they could kill it without a Prot Warrior.

When was the last time you heard "IDK if we can kill this without our warrior tank"....... We are in a good place people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evelol View Post
    Thanks Gliff
    NP man. Credit to Eddie who simed it all out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    I was in their mumble talking to a few friends before they started last night. Kron was gonna be late and they didnt know if they could kill it without a Prot Warrior.

When was the last time you heard "IDK if we can kill this without our warrior tank"....... We are in a good place people.

- - - Updated - - -

Its so amazing to hear that, I think the last time I heard that was on Hodir or Mimiron for the spell reduction set bonus :P
    Definitely looking forward to that fight

You are such a sweetie Gliff <3

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, we have been the most hated tank since WotLK or something like that right? xD
    (Regarding DS LFR -> 5.0 LFR)
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelol View Post
    Thanks Gliff

Another question, does crit increase the absorb value on SBar? Cus if it doesn't, then probably Dancing Steel > River's Song on SBar > Sblock fights, am I right?
    The absorb value of SBar is a function of AP, STR and STAM. But don't overestimate the value of STR in the formula. By far, the biggest driver will be AP. I did 4 sims using the T1610H boss with both River's Song and Dancing Steel, prioritizing SB > SBar and then SBar > SB. Results below. By the way, the average shield size was within 0.01% of each other with Dancing Steel being slightly better.

DPS (+/- 0.05%) DTPS (+/- 0.16%) TMI (+/- 26.87%)
    River's Song
    SB, 63.91% Uptime
    SBar, 37.86% Uptime
    382.6k 70.4K 6,104
    Dancing Steel
    SB, 63.68% Uptime
    SBar, 37.54% Uptime
    0.50% worse
    0.99% worse
    78% worse
    River's Song
    SB, 30.93% Uptime
    SBar, 63.67% Uptime
    3.58% worse
    18.3% better
    461% worse
    Dancing Steel
    SB, 30.41% Uptime
    SBar, 63.46% Uptime
    4.05% worse
    17.4% better
    416% worse

Deleted
    Slootbag commented it here too, but... What do I miss on Siegecrafter? If it's dps on the add, why can't a monk do it just as fine if not better? Because 10% nerf or not, they are still above. Mobility? Monks.

I may.. understimate our class, but logs are there. A lot of N/H mixed, but it's clear which ones are what.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-09-30 at 06:33 PM.

Its warrior burst with Dragon roar. They can burst down the adds asap.

On Siegecrafter, and more precisely, the Shredders, we do by far the most damage. When the Shredder dose Death from Above he gets a debuff that increase the damage it takes for three globals, and warriors is the tank that can do, by far, the most damage in that time window.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Ah, those 3M executes on normal... good point, thanks.

Deleted
    Haven't played my prot warrior since tanking Cata hour of twilight heroics. Good time to return? Any advice that doesn't fall into the usual guides?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Haven't played my prot warrior since tanking Cata hour of twilight heroics. Good time to return? Any advice that doesn't fall into the usual guides?
    The best time to return. Advice? Never miss out on rage, always press your rage regen buttons as soon as you can. Your job is to smooth the damage to make the healers job easier, your job isn't necessarily to take the smallest amount of damage.

Hey guys, I didn't want to create a thread for this, so I hope it's alright i ask it here.

I'm playing in a 10 man HC raiding guild. Not long ago we recruited a new tank, a prot. warrior, he's been doing a fairly great job throughout SoO normal & first 2 HC bosses (Immerseus & The Fallen Protectors). But on Norushen HC we got into some problems, he could not survive in the realm against his add. He kept getting slain over and over, which forced us to get one of our melee dps to use his OS tanking spec (Blood DK) so we could down Norushen.

So my question is: Is our Prot. warr doing somthing wrong, or is it just damn hard surviving in there as his class? He says that it's the mobs Piercing Attack which kills him every time. I can't be a gearing problem as he's running with around 555 ilvl.

All help is welcome as I'd like to count him in for next resets kill on Norushen.

Deleted
    You take quite a beating but the attack itself can be blocked and avoided. Was he taking a complete unmitigated hit? It only hits 200k more in heroic (600k -> 800k) so its not a massive increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
    You take quite a beating but the attack itself can be blocked and avoided. Was he taking a complete unmitigated hit? It only hits 200k more in heroic (600k -> 800k) so its not a massive increase.
    He says he keeps his Shield Block up in there, but he just gets so low that he dies. Is it because he should go into a more dmg oriented spec for this? As to kill his add before it manages to kill him, instead of trying to "just" survive?

I'm raidleading in our guild, therefore I'm running with the Death Note addon which list damage by what etc. on each player, letting me know what killed each specific player. Though from what I can remember it can't really figure it out when he is dying inside the realm with his add, I believe it just showed as sudden death. (100-0% HP with no ability listed, ergo unknown death).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
    The best time to return. Advice? Never miss out on rage, always press your rage regen buttons as soon as you can. Your job is to smooth the damage to make the healers job easier, your job isn't necessarily to take the smallest amount of damage.
    Oh, surprised to hear that. Any particular reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    Hey guys, I didn't want to create a thread for this, so I hope it's alright i ask it here.

I'm playing in a 10 man HC raiding guild. Not long ago we recruited a new tank, a prot. warrior, he's been doing a fairly great job throughout SoO normal & first 2 HC bosses (Immerseus & The Fallen Protectors). But on Norushen HC we got into some problems, he could not survive in the realm against his add. He kept getting slain over and over, which forced us to get one of our melee dps to use his OS tanking spec (Blood DK) so we could down Norushen.

So my question is: Is our Prot. warr doing somthing wrong, or is it just damn hard surviving in there as his class? He says that it's the mobs Piercing Attack which kills him every time. I can't be a gearing problem as he's running with around 555 ilvl.

All help is welcome as I'd like to count him in for next resets kill on Norushen.
    I haven't attempted the fight in HM, but as far as NM is concerned there is absolutely no way a wartank can die if he avoid the cone attack, manage to cut (or reflect) the cast and uses a SBar for the "big unavoidable attack".

If you had a log of this Nemezis, you'd get your answer in 30 seconds. Without it, everyone is poking in the dark.