re-resto shaman in need of help

Hey guys i would love help with my resto shaman i am trying to make myself better for my team but i feel like im lacking somewhere my toons name is krishlor from nagrand server horde side. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Some specifics (including logs) about what questions you have or what you are having issues with would help in answering your question.

I couldnt find me on world of logs, Want to know if my build is correct ive been going off askmrrobot for the mastery build and i dont seem to be healing in time against a priest and paladin in the team. should i be going for a haste/crit build more so and rotation/glyphing

- - - Updated - - -

like also what break point shoult to as my shaman and do they excliude the buffs

I looked @ your Galakras 9:22 wipe and straight away I can see you didn't use Ascendance or Healing Tide at all. Are they bound or on your tool bar?

Also seems you were using the unleashed fury talent, I would use Primal Elementalist.
    No potting. (WoL wont pick up a pre-pot, but will pick up one during the fight)
    Only 8 uses of Unleashed life during a 9 minute fight, where as on our 8:52 kill I use unleashed life 23 times.
    Your Earth Shield was only 65% make sure you always re-apply it

You never used your Fire Elemental Totem, although you were not talented into Primal Elementalist to benefit from Empower, you should still use it as it does some nice damage.

More chain healing, use the chaining glyph as I found it great for that fight. It was my top healing ability.

Copy of my log for that fight http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5845&e=6377
    ok I was a good 10 ilvls higher than you and had the LMG, but no cloak. Hopefully you can get an idea of the abilities you should be using.

Hope it helps
    Last edited by MaugrimEU; 2013-09-23 at 11:33 AM.
    “I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemoss View Post
    I looked @ your Galakras 9:22 wipe and straight away I can see you didn't use Ascendance or Healing Tide at all. Are they bound or on your tool bar?

Also seems you were using the unleashed fury talent, I would use Primal Elementalist.
    No potting. (WoL wont pick up a pre-pot, but will pick up one during the fight)
    Only 8 uses of Unleashed life during a 9 minute fight, where as on our 8:52 kill I use unleashed life 23 times.
    Your Earth Shield was only 65% make sure you always re-apply it

You never used your Fire Elemental Totem, although you were not talented into Primal Elementalist to benefit from Empower, you should still use it as it does some nice damage.

More chain healing, use the chaining glyph as I found it great for that fight. It was my top healing ability.

Copy of my log for that fight http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5845&e=6377
    ok I was a good 10 ilvls higher than you and had the LMG, but no cloak. Hopefully you can get an idea of the abilities you should be using.

Hope it helps
    i got a 404 on your armory page so hope nothing happened. Your uptime on riptide and healing rain needs some work. You don't really need to use HTT and AScendance in p1 for galakras since its low damage. Your Chain heal useage should be a lot higher and your ST spells should be a lot lower. For 10 mans you will need the glyph. On Galakras your chain heal is double important because it will jump to the friendly npcs that get charged by bonecrushers. Rushing Streams is the goto talent for SOO outside of Garrosh and his whirling corruptions every ~45s. COE should be used as well to maximize HST uptime. Furthermore don't forget to drop healing rain when you can get 3 or more targets. I saw you didn't use it much on iron juggernaut. I know that fight is spread out a lot but you put it on his but for the melee and mine eater tank and the ranged can sneak up into the backside as well. Furthermore its good to have during siege mode and you are all pushed against the fence.

It's hard to really say past that since you can only really accurately judge a kill attempt for resto shamans. Here are some of my logs to help you further as well and give you more of a comparison
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ne/?s=76&e=595

Thank you all for your help I've reworked the spammy and hopefully all should be better, the armoury link will be different as race changed for a better racial buff. I had originally been told not to use chair heal and focus only on healing surge and healing/greater wave I will see how I go this week in flexi thank you all for much needed advice and help

1. Practice keeping Healing Stream Totem Up
    2. Practice keeping Tidal Waves buff up.
    3. Practice keeping riptide up without re-applying the hot.
    4. Practice keeping ES 100% up
    5. Practice placing Healing Rain.
    6. Cast CH on your Riptide targets.
    7. Study the fights and make points where you can use your cooldowns like SLT/Ascendance/HTT effectively.
    Last edited by Geekboy; 2013-09-24 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekboy View Post
    1. Practice keeping Healing Stream Totem Up
    2. Practice keeping Tidal Waves buff up.
    3. Practice keeping riptide up without re-applying the hot.
    4. Practice keeping ES 100% up
    5. Practice placing Healing Rain.
    6. Cast CH on your Riptide targets.
    7. Study the fights and make points where you can use your cooldowns like SLT/Ascendance/HTT effectively.

Hey, I'm not OP, but I do have a question, kinda new to resto, just came back to the game. How do you keep riptide up without reapplying the hot? I thought that was the only way to keep it rolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Gosleepbaby View Post
    Hey, I'm not OP, but I do have a question, kinda new to resto, just came back to the game. How do you keep riptide up without reapplying the hot? I thought that was the only way to keep it rolling?
    Cast it on other targets that are taking damage.