Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

"We are semi casual"

And then Raiding heroic mode 4 hours a day 4 days a week and requiring being there without deviation and with everything prepared and done optimally.

Some people have to get their priorities straight, they can't be both casual and hard core, decide.

Uhhhhhhhhh. You can be whatever you want to consider yourself. Although most people just tell themselves whatever helps them sleep best at night. "Pfft I'm so good even though I'm on a casual schedule. If I raided 8 days a week I'd be world first easily."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    And then Raiding heroic mode 4 hours a day 4 days a week and requiring being there without deviation and with everything prepared and done optimally.

Some people have to get their priorities straight, they can't be both casual and hard core, decide.
    What's the problem here? I fail to see it.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm that's semi hardcore in my book, and I only pull 3 nights a week/3 hours a night.

It's all relative to what you as a team can get done. I mean I know a guild that raids for ridiculous times on my server (like 5 hours a night on progressions) and we still keep relatively close to them in amount killed or achieved by the end of the night. It's something of a joke.

Semi casual isn't even a 'thing' to me, that would be like... 'we run last tier raids for achievements' or 'we run flex raids...for fun! On several nights.'

Raiding just isn't 'casual' unless you're doing LFR or flex. Normal's have slowly inched up since the start of cataclysm to require a touch more coordination and focus from your average joe. And while I love the thrill of Heroic modes I still sometimes go to an 'alt normal run mixed with puggers' and the awareness/ability factor is just lacking...

So yeah...cows go moo, guilds incorrectly state their goals.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Uhhhhhhhhh. You can be whatever you want to consider yourself. Although most people just tell themselves whatever helps them sleep best at night. "Pfft I'm so good even though I'm on a casual schedule. If I raided 8 days a week I'd be world first easily."
    Though they harm their recruitment. e.g. they start young on casual and before they know it they are pretty much hard core 4 years later playing 8 hours or more a day and then pretend they are casual. They could say hard core or at least 'almost hard core' and get better recruits IMO.

its all about what you precieve to be hardcore, myslef i see 20-25+ hours raiding a week (5days or more) as hardcore.
    If i raid 16-20hours (4days) a week id say semi-hardcore.
    if i raid 9-15 hours (3days) a week id say i raid semi-casual.
    and less whould be casual raiding (1-2days)

but then others consider raiding 3 raids a week as hardcore. I guess it all depends on what you precieve as hardcore.. myself i used to raid 30hours+ in vanilla/tbc so natrually i consider 3 days a week to be casual raiding.

semi-casual is "we don't raid outside designated hours" to me. What you describe is exactly that.
    It doesn't imply you are willing to sacrifice on the quality of those raid hours. That is just... badness.

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    semi-casual is "we don't raid outside designated hours" to me. What you describe is exactly that.
    It doesn't imply you are willing to sacrifice on the quality of those raid hours. That is just... badness.
    My guild is designated to raid on progress days from 8 AM to 11 PM (15 hours a day) for all 7 days of the week. But we never go overtime, in fact, some days I'm nice and let them leave at 10:30 PM.

That's semi casual?

9-16 hours fits into semi-casual for me. We raid 12 hours a week though, and call ourselves semi-hardcore, because our attitude is hardcore, we just strictly limit ourselves to those 12 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post

Seem casual too me.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its all in the eye of the beholder, if most of the players are coming from 5 day 6 hours a night guilds then 4 days 4 hours a night would seem semi-casual to them.

Deleted
    16 hours a week IS pretty casual for a raiding guild in WoW. I don't really see the problem in calling it 'semi casual'. Potentially you could argue that requiring 100% attendance isn't particularly casual but really, 'casual' is a flexible adjective, can mean whatever you want it to. If you raided 100 hours a week but the atmosphere in raids was like nobody cares then that could equally be called casual raiding...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are gaming with a group of other people 4 times a week for 4 hours, with rigid attendance requirements, you may safely consider yourself hardcore.

16~ hours a week raiding is not casual in anyway shape or form. That's a part-time job for people in the UK.

The semi casual guild that I used to run ran two days a week, totalling no more than 10 hours in any given week. Kicked the week off on a Wednesday with a flexible raid start time starting no later than 9pm with no set finish time - was never any more than 3 hours except for some rare occasions where we were close to killing something and only if everyone agreed to. Sunday's however we'd have a big session starting late afternoon with a break in the middle. For those that could dedicate that Sunday to the game it was great fun.. Our progression wasn't too bad either if I recall.

Also to note I describe that guild as semi-casual as an "up" over "casual" purely because we had set raid days that people had to adhere to. There were "casual" guilds on the realm that were raiding guilds.. but didn't have set raid days and some weeks they'd probably skip raids. Sounds like a nightmare to me though and incredibly uncasual - imagine trying to organise your life around a guild's raiding when you don't even know in advance what days you're needed?
    Last edited by guybrush88; 2013-10-01 at 06:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.

Hardcore: Raid outside of raid times usually hitting half a day or more of raiding and as much as possible till everything is cleared, usually top 50 guilds type.

Semi-hardcore:Raid outside raid times a bit, like a hour extra, and then at least 4-5 times a week, this is where most annoying guilds fall into.

Semi-Casual: Anything between 3-4 raids without going outside raid times with a casual mindset of "Kill when we can without yelling at our bad players".

Casual:A couple of days, maybe 3 hours a night and whatever happens happens.

Depends where you fall into to what you are.
    Last edited by potis; 2013-10-01 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    This guy knows math lol.

it is all matter of relative approach - some guilds raid much less then others but have much better progress - my guild consist of mature people who know why they are going to raids we raid 2 nights a week 7 hours in total for progress and are so far 13/14 N while i know guilds which raid 3 times a week nearly to 12 hours in total and are stuck on 5-7/14 its all relative and its all matter of approach - for example how do u prepare to the fights in advance - if guild spends half and hour expalining tactics because people were to lazy to research them in advance they loose hell lot of time instead do actual progress - it depends how well geared are coming your raider from last tier , it depends if in free time/off raid night they are doing flex/lfr/ToT HC for possible upgrades for OSs so when u lack 1 person on progress night another one can just switch spec and play on lv as the main would play, theres a milion factors there . it all differes for each of guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Raiding just isn't 'casual' unless you're doing LFR or flex. Normal's have slowly inched up since the start of cataclysm to require a touch more coordination and focus from your average joe. And while I love the thrill of Heroic modes I still sometimes go to an 'alt normal run mixed with puggers' and the awareness/ability factor is just lacking...
    ???

T11 was arguably harder than T12 bar ragnaros and T13 pre-deathwing normals. Firelands was a step down in difficulty (although ragnaros a significant step up), Dragon soul an even larger step down.

I raid 2 nights a week (5-6 hours total) and I don't bother with doing everything to make my char the best anymore, I'd consider that fairly casual for raiding normals (and undoubtedly raiding heroics soon). Casual is about how and how often you take on the content, not about what content you are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."