Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

World Fastest Ordos Kill? - 5 Players, 23 Seconds!

Hey everyone, wanted to explain to you guys a bit about how our guild <ONE> at Firetree US achieved what we believe to be the quickest kill (and thus the quickest strategy) for Ordos, the world boss added to the Timeless Isle in 5.4.
    Unfortunately, anyone wishing to participate in the kill will still need the cloak, but this will allow you to do the encounter with less people, but will require an incredible amount of effort and coordination.
    Ultimately, this presents a trade-off. On one hand, you can choose to find a group of 30-40 players and get them out there to get the kill the normal way, or you can employ our strategy and with the right level of coordination, land a kill this way.

In order to fully describe the strategy, it would be best if you all took 2 minutes out of your evenings to view the video we have assembled on this topic.
    It can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2np82v7VFY

Our complete mental progression on the topic can be seen here. It is a lengthy video no doubt, but if you'd enjoy seeing exactly how this idea blossomed and transformed into a strategy, and then was refined to a kill, you should enjoy it. Within the video is a time stamp for those simply looking to see exactly how we gripped the people with the frogs up. Happens multiple times through out as well.
    It can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnGBbZJCiq8
    Also, if you know of anyone who has done this faster, or would like help doing this yourself feel free to let us know!
    Last edited by blackhammer99; 2013-10-01 at 04:12 PM.

So you mind controlled some frogs and stacked 10 debuffs on the boss. This is hilarious and genius, but the question is how did you get the frogs up there? I don't have a legendary cloak so not been in that particular part.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How in gods name did you get those frogs out there LOL

Grats on posting the exact bug Blizz will fix in approximately a week.

Absolutely love it! But yeah, that'll be fixed super quick.

Massive props to you folks for ingenious tactics & I forsee a nerf coming.

I do wish they wouldn't fix it though, probably takes a lot more effort than doing it with a raid group.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well that was hilarious. I imagine there will be a lot of easy Ordos kills this week until they patch it.
    Butts.

Think how much easier the celestials will be with this bug too.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    Think how much easier the celestials will be with this bug too.
    An interesting point. Has this been tested on the celestials OP?
    Butts.

I laughed really hard ... love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    An interesting point. Has this been tested on the celestials OP?
    indeed it has.

Hey everyone, thanks for the warm response so far!
    I'll address some things for everyone's benefit.

How in gods name did you get those frogs out there LOL
    An astute observation, because its not as easy as you would think.
    The frogs themselves can NOT cross the broken bridge, even if the player they are aggroed to does, so we needed to get a bit more inventive.
    This will be shown in the 27 minute video being uploaded soon, but for now, understand that it involved a priest aggroing the frog, getting it to the base of that mountain directly under the bridge, then getting a chain of 3 lifegrips up a progressive series of rocks. Its quite difficult to explain through text, but you'll see it if you care to watch that full-process video tomorrow (or later today depending.)

I imagine there will be a lot of easy Ordos kills this week until they patch it.
    Insightful observation, but once you see how difficult it is to actually get the frogs there you would not think that.
    Another huge issue is the fact that the frogs do not have hit cap against Ordos. In the full video you will see this, but we started this with only 1 frog, and wiped 3 times because the frog would miss 2-3 times in a row and the stacks would fall off, causing the fight to last too long and kill the tank.
    Ultimately, we decided to do it with 3 frogs, which required 3 priests for lifegrip, and 3 for mind controls.

Has this been tested on the celestials OP?
    I'm sure this is indeed not something they would like to see in their game, but because of how much effort it required to get up there, I feel we deserved the kill. However, for the celestials, it is an absolute joke and indeed does work, so we elected to not include this information.
    But yes, you will see how we do it on the full video once it is uploaded.

Exploiters like the OP and everyone who agrees with this disgust me. I've already informed the cyber police of your transgressions. They've backtraced your logs and will be there for your account shortly. Consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    Exploiters like the OP and everyone who agrees with this disgust me. I've already informed the cyber police of your transgressions. They've backtraced your logs and will be there for your account shortly. Consequences.
    Good luck, we're behind seven proxies.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    I laughed really hard ... love it.
    Thanks a lot man, we had a LOT of fun doing it.

Pretty clever and inventive I must say.

I forsee a hotfix in the future "Gulp Frogs no longer Mind Controllable"
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Pretty clever and inventive I must say.

I forsee a hotfix in the future "Gulp Frogs no longer Mind Controllable"
    Thanks!
    I agree, it may likely be hotfixed, but it really is difficult to pull off.
    I would say seeing a 23 second kill of Ordos would raise some flags though, but only time shall tell!

10+ Year Old Account
    Was pretty hilarious. Good idea and happy to see it work out like that.