Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Moonkin][AMR] Stat Weights for Boomkins on AMR

So, since the new patch, the stat weights on Ask Mr. Robot have changed, highly prioritizing mastery to what it was previously.
    I think this is not at all correct, since, mastery value has not gone up, the value of crit has just gone down (after a certain point).

So basically, I want to know what stat weights are you guys using for your boomies, since I do not think reforging everything into mastery correct :P
    What would you recommend?

Thanks =)

Deleted
    5273 Haste/Crit/Haste/Mastery. If you get to a gear level where you can reach 10296 Haste without dumping all your Crit then go for 10296 Haste/Crit/Mastery/Haste.
    This is what i do anyhow.

Use default build from dropdown menu and manually select +4 ticks as your haste breakpoint.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Use default build from dropdown menu and manually select +4 ticks as your haste breakpoint.
    That makes it so that mastery is worth way too much, and it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalastrian View Post
    That makes it so that mastery is worth way too much, and it's not.
    ^ ^ ^
    AMR overvalues mastery.

Personally, I used reforge lite. Was easier than using a bogus website.

It values mastery as the lowest stat other than haste over cap. This is correct. Just because you may be reforging into mastery does not mean it's wrong.

Deleted
    So basically, I want to know what stat weights are you guys using for your boomies, since I do not think reforging everything into mastery correct :P What would you recommend?
    Load your character into WrathCalcs > get stat weights by pressing F9 in the second tab > import those stat weights into Ask Mr Robot

There, problem solved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boomkinhero View Post
    It values mastery as the lowest stat other than haste over cap. This is correct. Just because you may be reforging into mastery does not mean it's wrong.
    It's sacrificing an unreasonable amount of crit for mastery. It may not be wrong, but I do not believe it to be right either.

Deleted
    Oh and when inputting proper stat weights into Ask Mr Robot, make sure to set a manual Haste breakpoint to 10296.

Deleted
    Thank you! Very helpful input, I didn't think about wrathcalcs!

Deleted
    Afaik, some guy from AMR told us some time ago that there was a problem with stat weights atm, and that crit was supposed to be higher than mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutheru View Post
    Load your character into WrathCalcs > get stat weights by pressing F9 in the second tab > import those stat weights into Ask Mr Robot

There, problem solved.
    That would be a good advice if Wrathcalcs actually made sense, to me it just looks like a crazy spreadsheet that makes no sense at all 0_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    That would be a good advice if Wrathcalcs actually made sense, to me it just looks like a crazy spreadsheet that makes no sense at all 0_o
    That's why I made a guide for using it! http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...SimCraft-Guide

Ask mr robot is fine, if you just check stat weights to make sure crit is above mastery and mastery is above haste over 10296, my amr works perfectly and actually is probably the best reforging tool

Deleted
    Thank you all so much for the answers! Very helpful all of you. I'll be trying the WrathCalcs approach for the raid tonight!

Thank you all so much for the answers! Very helpful all of you. I'll be trying the WrathCalcs approach for the raid tonight!
    Problem with WC is that it takes about 30 sec to calculate 1 change (for me).
    Last edited by Reyzzz; 2013-09-30 at 09:38 PM.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Problem with WC is that it takes about 30 sec to calculate 1 change (for me).
    What? WC changes show instantly in the DPS box. The only thing you need to refresh for is for stat weights etc in second sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    That's why I made a guide for using it! http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...SimCraft-Guide
    Thank you slippykins

10+ Year Old Account
    AMR is fine, and in my experience, correct. Since the patch it has defaulted to the 5273 haste cap for some reason (which is why some people report it dumping crit for mastery). This is easily fixed by clicking the "Edit Weights" button, and clicking the green "Change Soft Cap" button under the haste section. Pick the 10289 option and save. Boom, you're set.

You need to learn how to edit stat weights in AMR.

Especially once you get Purified Bindings of Immerseus. Reforgelite doesn't know wtf to do with that trinket.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.