Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I find it incredibly depressing that anyone outside the Bush administration is still defending that war.
    It was and still remains the right thing to do despite the cost. Iraq is the most democratic country in the Arab world, thanks to that war.

And as we've seen in Syria, there are things worse than the addage of "installing democracy at the point of a gun", a stupid saying 2003, made stupider by the fact that the alternative to it is a Syria-style blender of death.

And without Saddam removed, we would have seen what we're seeing in Syria, in Iraq, which would have been bigger and worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the government who steal from you through taxation know how to effectively and efficiently spend that stolen wealth *sarcasm*

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    I find it incredibly depressing that anyone outside the Bush administration is still defending that war.
    the same could be said about the guy who without congressional approval bombed the crap out of Libya and was about to do the same in Syria before RUSSIA took the high ground and found a diplomatic solution..
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    Fact still remains that non-essential means "not critically necessary". And in our current state, America needs to stick to "critically necessary", i'm afraid.
    So publicly accessable information from the USGS, NOAA, NASA, ect should just stay offline? Do you have any idea how much that hampers research, such as investigating WNV outbreaks?

Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    Hmmm, is going after the guys who killed 3,000 innocent people and were terrorizing the country they occupied not good enough for you? K...

I lost hope for you wells. The world really isn't how it seems from your basement.
    Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. Nobody even says it did. 9/11 was the catchphrase to get us into the war, but after we were in it and it was obviously they were completely unrelated, even the Bush administration backed away from that ridiculous claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah, fuck it, they're all brown
    We were fighting the same enemy, Al'Qaeda..
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    the same could be said about the guy who without congressional approval bombed the crap out of Libya and was about to do the same in Syria before RUSSIA took the high ground and found a diplomatic solution..
    Allies typically have higher influence on other allies than enemies would. Hense Russia being able to solve that problem.

and i thought our involvement in Libya was minimal compared to France?

- - - Updated - - -

We were fighting the same enemy, Al'Qaeda..
    that was never part of the argument for going into Iraq.

What is an essential worker in my mind all the soldiers in Afghanistan aren't essential anymore so they should be the first to be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    It was and still remains the right thing to do despite the cost. Iraq is the most democratic country in the Arab world, thanks to that war.

And as we've seen in Syria, there are things worse than the addage of "installing democracy at the point of a gun", a stupid saying 2003, made stupider by the fact that the alternative to it is a Syria-style blender of death.

And without Saddam removed, we would have seen what we're seeing in Syria, in Iraq, which would have been bigger and worse.
    Exactly, thank you.
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Quote Originally Posted by Raamm View Post
    What is an essential worker in my mind all the soldiers in Afghanistan aren't essential anymore so they should be the first to be cut.
    what part of the world are you in raamm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, in happier news, one of my ex's sister just became an American citizen today, from canada! Even with the shutdowns

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Well, in happier news, one of my ex's sister just became an American citizen today, from canada! Even with the shutdowns
    woot, good for her eh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    woot, good for her eh
    The U.S just became a little more polite

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Reducing it can bring worse quagmires, and the issues that followed the successful invasions of both Iraq and Afghanistan had far more to do with not spending enough money in those countries than anything else.
    I'm sure if we threw another trillion dollars and another few thousand dead servicemen at it we'd magically achieve our objectives. Whatever they are.

Hmmm, is going after the guys who killed 3,000 innocent people and were terrorizing the country they occupied not good enough for you? K...

I lost hope for you wells. The world really isn't how it seems from your basement.
    -Get attacked by 15 Saudis, 2 guys from the UAE, 1 Egyptian and 1 guy from Lebanon.
    -Invade Afghanistan and Iraq.
    -Catch their leader (a Saudi) a decade later in Pakistan.

WOOO LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Think I enjoyed the Forays into that shithole Wells?

We don't get to pick and choose our conflicts as service-members. Be pissed at our politicians.
    He was personally attacking your involvement, yep.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    No appreciable Al'Qaeda presence in Iraq until we invaded.
    we didn't invade Iraq to kill Al Qaeda.. we invaded Iraq because Saddam Hussein threatened us repeatedly.. and after just 20 people managed to take down the twin towers and kill 3000 people.. we were not taking any chances..

remember that Bush went through every proper channel before beginning any military action..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'm sure if we threw another trillion dollars and another few thousand dead servicemen at it we'd magically achieve our objectives. Whatever they are.

-Get attacked by 15 Saudis, 2 guys from the UAE, 1 Egyptian and 1 guy from Lebanon.
    -Invade Afghanistan and Iraq.
    -Catch their leader (a Saudi) a decade later in Pakistan.

WOOO LOGIC.
    so we should declare war on people based on where they were from rather than who actually supported them and made their actions possible?

WOOO LOGIC.
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    we didn't invade Iraq to kill Al Qaeda.. we invaded Iraq because Saddam Hussein threatened us repeatedly.. and after just 20 people managed to take down the twin towers and kill 3000 people.. we were not taking any chances..

remember that Bush went through every proper channel before beginning any military action..

- - - Updated - - -

so we should declare war on people based on where they were from rather than who actually supported them and made their actions possible?

WOOO LOGIC.
    Yeah no they didn't. It was about dem evul WMD's which he lied about. Why was saddame such a big threat until 9/11 happened or rather after it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Because we don't need to explore space in order for our country to function?
    no but considering that they have historically repaid every cent invested 7 times over.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah no they didn't. It was about dem evul WMD's which he lied about. Why was saddame such a big threat until 9/11 happened or rather after it.
    you mean the ones currently being used in Syria?

So you're saying we should invade everyone who says mean things to us?