Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well that's disappointing that Spark went Destro.
    Engineer = Mage

Biggest possible firepower, yet they keep whining. "SPY SAPPIN' MAH SENTRY!"

So, 3 Destro locks and 1 Affli .. I dunno it feels weird that Destro would perform on par with Affli on a fight that would seem to play (imo) to Affli's strengths. Dont get me wrong I love all 3 specs but I feel we're missing something, hopefully we'll know once we see a video of the kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious009 View Post
    So, 3 Destro locks and 1 Affli .. I dunno it feels weird that Destro would perform on par with Affli on a fight that would seem to play (imo) to Affli's strengths. Dont get me wrong I love all 3 specs but I feel we're missing something, hopefully we'll know once we see a video of the kill.
    With the amount of adds at the start, destro does a shit load of dps and with recent buffs, single target it's about on line with affliction. Depending on the amount of adds last phase greatly depends on which spec will outshine the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalanos View Post
    Well that's disappointing that Spark went Destro.
    He was destro on most fights. He was destro almost the entire last tier...

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Don't make wild assumptions based on one guild's kill of one boss in one week. There are a lot of factors involved and the sample size is ludicrously tiny.

- - - Updated - - -

And the disadvantage of the boss being tuned harder. Aderp.
    Not on ten man. That's why they went to ten man. Because they couldn't beat the boss tuned for their higher ilvl gear. They had to get the kill on the ten man version that wasn't buffed to compensate for their higher ilvl.

Infracted. You were asked to stop the world first debate.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-10-02 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    With the amount of adds at the start, destro does a shit load of dps and with recent buffs, single target it's about on line with affliction. Depending on the amount of adds last phase greatly depends on which spec will outshine the other.
    Yeah, I'm killing him on normal and I can't even imagine being Aff or Demo. We also had some attendance issues lacking our elemental shaman for adds damage. We don't use Iron Stars because I find it a silly tactic for normal so Destro is simply what I should play. There's also the fact that you can get 2x SB cleaved off each desecrate and the adds can be SB'd so you can kill 2 at a time.

I like Destro more and I find it better so meh :3

EDIT: If you still want to argue about this Asian vs EU/US wow, please get the fuck out of the warlock forum and do it here: CLICK HERE TO ARGUE!
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2013-10-02 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    Number of adds at the beginning doesnt really matter though Affli just SS's everything I know I went more than 1.2 M dps on my opener on Normal Garrosh SSing adds and weapon, no doubt Destro will do a lot too but thats not an advantage for Destro specificlly. I was actually thinking more towards the other phases, phase 2 I can see Destro being good at DPSing the weapons down since I imagine they'll have a shit load of HP on Heroic, even on Normal when Im doting the weapons up it seemed to take for ever to get them down so thats one thing I can think of that could give Destro some edge but then I think about phase 3 and how hectic it will be with something like "Get the boss down, ignore small adds, and focus on breaking MCs" which is where it will depend on whats needed, Affliction in execute is great and gets to regenerate shards very fast to chain gun those haunts and DS again to recharge but sadly cant break MCs as fast as Destro I would imagine. Destro's execute will be good if not even better than Affli's but the problem is generating those embers fast enough to start spamming SB.

Just feels that way to me :c

Isn't there a ton of adds on garrosh in several phases? I could totally see them being destro to shadowburn snipe down adds. Their aoe as destro is also stronger then affliction, so that may be another reason why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Isn't there a ton of adds on garrosh in several phases? I could totally see them being destro to shadowburn snipe down adds. Their aoe as destro is also stronger then affliction, so that may be another reason why.
    Not really in phase 2 or 3. You have the option in phase 2 to shadowburn cleave off the weapon to garrosh, which is decent damage. Same with the adds spawned out of the whirling corruption, easy sniping there.

Affliction will end up being more garrosh damage, though, but of course we know nothing about phase 4. Could be a load of adds, who knows!

Deleted
    I feel like a lot of people are missing one big point in that destro is super awesome for breaking the mind control, I don't know about hc but in normal 25 you get to FnB conflag+incin 2-4 people and break 'em out really fast, compared to affli which sucks because you do not want to dot the MCs up with hardhitting dots and risk killing them. I can't confirm since I only played destro for garrosh but that is usually how MCs in wow works, in a way that the dots stay up and you don't get fully healed up when it breaks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaeed View Post
    I feel like a lot of people are missing one big point in that destro is super awesome for breaking the mind control, I don't know about hc but in normal 25 you get to FnB conflag+incin 2-4 people and break 'em out really fast, compared to affli which sucks because you do not want to dot the MCs up with hardhitting dots and risk killing them. I can't confirm since I only played destro for garrosh but that is usually how MCs in wow works, in a way that the dots stay up and you don't get fully healed up when it breaks
    Pfft. Last week I toyed with Destro on Garrosh and this. Yummy CB vs. people who annoy me!

Deleted
    I personally love destro's state right now. Very high aoe damage, great cleave, and very efficient single target dps. Plus, it's working perfectly with the trinkets. 33% more CB damage with the totem, 20 secs of huge intell bonus with bindings, and a chance to actually launch a dozen of CB's full buff in aoe fights with malkorok's trinket.

Destro is great on Garrosh. I personnaly am in charge of ingeneers on 25man and do it solo, the output is great. When you get back to adds, charging embers is very fast for the next ingeneer. In P2, it's amazing to cleave axes and great fast dps output on mind controls, especially in p3. Only small prob would be in transitions where you don't really get the chance to launch chaos bolts as often as you want since you need to dodge his shit fast. But yeah, really, great spec for this tier, overall, and especially on Garrosh.

Destro on Garrosh is fun. When he is sub 20% and you get some MCed, you just havoc and 1 shot them with shadowburn :P

Because affliction is absolute shit for breaking MCs. If there were not MCs they would all be Aff 100%.

Seeing as you don't kill the little adds on normal or heroic because you kite with a frost dk or a brewmaster(brewmaster is better cuz they can actually live if the mess up) and damage really isn't that important on that fight if you have good players.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    If you bothered to read the first post you would have seen the answer to your question before you posted.
    always funny when this goes so wrong! there is no dmg comparison in that post.

Deleted
    obviously affli sucks for the mindcontrols. - so yea, destruction does not only shine in phase 1, but also during the rest of the fight - especialy phase 3.

Why not demo then? Shouldn't it be better for both adds and MCs (carrion silence, 2 CW burst + ToC spam)?

I think we're missing a few clues here cause quite few people have seen hc-only phase =)
    Last edited by Anthraxx; 2013-10-02 at 10:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthraxx View Post
    Why not demo then? Shouldn't it be better for both adds and MCs (carrion silence, 2 CW burst + ToC spam)?

I think we're missing a few clues here cause quite few people have seen hc-only phase =)

De-mo?

Does not compute.

Deleted
    Wow progress is not a good guide on spec played. Some of our kills have our tanks logged as healers and vice versa. I think it just goes off the spec you logged out in

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Sorry but this really can't be accurate via wowprogress. The list indicates 4 healers, 3 tanks and that 3 of their 4 rogues played sub.
    sub execute is insane, so yes it actually does make sense.