Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

UA doing more damage than agony?

Anyone else notice this? Did they ninja nerf agony or something?

Yeah looks like they hotfixed it and nerfed it by 10%. Brewmasters also got another 5% nerf too. Dunno why they haven't posted a hotfix list.

Deleted
    Sure you're not looking at short fights where Agony didn't get to deal full damage at 10 stacks for a while? Agony just dealt 33% of my damage on Ordos, while UA dealt 30%. Went ahead ant compared that to my last week logs, where Agony was generally 3-4% higher than UA as well.

Deleted
    Tested ingame and my agony hits less than it used to do.

He means that the overall damage scaling relative to Unstable Affliction has been changed during Tuesday maintenance. My own Agony ticks are about 15% weaker than the 5.4 values going into the patch.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldion View Post
    He means that the overall damage scaling relative to Unstable Affliction has been changed during Tuesday maintenance. My own Agony ticks are about 15% weaker than the 5.4 values going into the patch.
    Wouldn't make sense they BUFFED agony for the sake of us losing MG damage overall why would they revert it?

edit: Yeah agony is fucked just tested it myself lol
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-10-02 at 10:42 AM.

Deleted
    because we should play destro! nerf is actually live, 10-15% nerf i guess, I've tested it on dummy

Nice. blizzard wait for method to kill paragons then nerf demonology to SHIT then wait for method to kill Garrosh to nerf affliction.
    Method the only guild allowed to use warlocks or something holy crap.
    This is so retarded, mid tier Hotfixes that BREAK demonology and then on top of it more nerfs to affliction. Why not just give chaos bolt 1000% damage increase if they want us to play destro so badly.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Nice. blizzard wait for method to kill paragons then nerf demonology to SHIT then wait for method to kill Garrosh to nerf affliction.
    This is so retarded, mid tier Hotfixes that BREAK demonology and then on top of it more nerfs to affliction. Why not just give chaos bolt 1000% damage increase if they want us to play destro so badly.
    haai chris haha d: oh well i kinda agree..

My UA is also doing more damage than Agony... wth =[

Hmm there is no hotfix info. Ninja nerf or bug?

10+ Year Old Account
    Method locks were destro for garrosh just fyi.

Deleted
    Well if they nerfed agony 10-15% then it's less than 5% overall nerf and I'm fine with it. Affliction was and still is best spec in game damage wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    Well if they nerfed agony 10-15% then it's less than 5% overall nerf and I'm fine with it. Affliction was and still is best spec in game damage wise.

at super high ilvls yeah sure, but at the current obtainable ilvls this is prob going to put destro ahead in single target tbqh.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    at super high ilvls yeah sure, but at the current obtainable ilvls this is prob going to put destro ahead in single target tbqh.
    Pretty much.

From testing in last night's raid, even with the agony nerf, it's still higher single target than destro (although, that's destro with affliction reforges). It would be nice to know if this actually was a ninja nerf, or if it's just a bug, though.

Blizzard seems to have bugged the Malkorok fight with whatever they did Tuesday, so I'm hoping it was just a mistake and will be reverted. I'm not expecting that to be the case, sadly.

Another stealth nerf. Chaos bolt in PvP, now this.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldor View Post
    From testing in last night's raid, even with the agony nerf, it's still higher single target than destro (although, that's destro with affliction reforges). It would be nice to know if this actually was a ninja nerf, or if it's just a bug, though.

Blizzard seems to have bugged the Malkorok fight with whatever they did Tuesday, so I'm hoping it was just a mistake and will be reverted. I'm not expecting that to be the case, sadly.
    I don't think blizzard has ever reverted a nerf. If it was a giant fuck up on their part, the most they would probably do is make up for it somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    I don't think blizzard has ever reverted a nerf. If it was a giant fuck up on their part, the most they would probably do is make up for it somewhere else.
    Yeah, my hope was more that it was an accidental bug, more so than a nerf. I'm about 80% sure it was an actual purposely done nerf, but in the case that it wasn't, I do hope it gets reverted instead of left in.

Deleted
    Couldn't agree more.

What the hell are they doing?